Ahh, yes, of course, USA and Canada, the 'home' countries.
    What about the rest of the world? ..... How can BB 'release' an update for USA/Canada, but not the rest of the world??
    Either the update is released or it's not??
    BB have not specified that the released update if territorial, as far as I can see??
    Maybe BB think the 'rest of the world' is just a figment of their imagination' and they don't need to worry about it...
    Quick to 'sell' their wares outside the US, but not really bothered about 'supporting' it are they??
    Probably doesn't help you feel any better, but in this case it doesn't even include the US... as only carrier locked devices in Canada have received the July update.

Sadly, those who bought into the "buy direct from BlackBerry and you'll get first updates" scam... we're just SOL.

Just another one of johnny's lies.
    07-12-17 07:02 PM
    My DTEK60 is now a time machine? I feel like I am still in May 2017 while I am using it daily.
    Willieray3 likes this.
    07-12-17 08:01 PM
    My DTEK60 is now a time machine? I feel like I am still in May 2017 while I am using it daily.
    You'll die young my friend. Power of BlackBerry
    07-13-17 01:53 AM
    Don't want to be captain obvious but what did everyone expect? You bought a phone that had zero marketing from a company known for flat out lying (bb10 on pb anyone?), missing deadlines and just generally underdelivering on promises. And that was in much better days.

If you expected anything different with the dtek60, well then, I'll point you to the definition of insanity.
    07-13-17 07:27 AM
    Don't want to be captain obvious but what did everyone expect? You bought a phone that had zero marketing from a company known for flat out lying (bb10 on pb anyone?), missing deadlines and just generally underdelivering on promises. And that was in much better days.

If you expected anything different with the dtek60, well then, I'll point you to the definition of insanity.
    Sadly I must admit that you are spot on. And I fell for it. Shame on me.

Not again... it's over.
    07-13-17 08:19 AM
    June update for both dteks released today
    07-14-17 03:22 PM
    Just got it, UK.
    07-14-17 04:06 PM
    Guess everyone will have to admit that Conite was right...
    dpw09 likes this.
    07-14-17 08:01 PM
    Guess everyone will have to admit that Conite was right...
    Why?

Because I have 3 Blackdroid devices... and none of them have the latest security update?
    07-14-17 08:34 PM
    Why?

Because I have 3 Blackdroid devices... and none of them have the latest security update?
    Ok....forgive me. Everyone but you.
    dpw09 and aecgda like this.
    07-14-17 09:35 PM
    Ok....forgive me. Everyone but you.
    Nope... all unlocked DTEKs still only on June... and all locked US Privs still on June.

Just read all the fixes needed in July that we are still vulnerable to.

You call that success?

I don't!
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 07-15-17 at 02:49 AM.
    chi-town311 and HughJarsse like this.
    07-15-17 02:25 AM
    today I got june update in my BlackBerry dtek60 in australia
    Last edited by Kishankapadia; 07-15-17 at 06:14 AM.
    07-15-17 05:17 AM
    today I got july update in my BlackBerry dtek60 in australia
    July or june?
    07-15-17 05:43 AM
    July or june?
    All DTEKs have received June update only... with only misinformation about July update.
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 07-15-17 at 12:18 PM.
    07-15-17 10:39 AM
    All DTEKs have received June update only... with only misinformation able July update.
    I have not received the june update on my Dtek60
    07-15-17 11:45 AM
    Try a reboot. Then check for updates manually. Which carrier? Which country? Locked or unlocked?
    07-15-17 11:48 AM
    Type *#*#checkin#*#* into the dialer.
    07-15-17 12:05 PM
    @dpw09 EE (UK). I thought all Dtek60 are unlocked?
    @conite, I tried that. still tells me I have the up to date OS
    07-15-17 12:30 PM
    Me neither. Got it on my 50 2 days ago.

Razr>BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    07-15-17 12:54 PM
    just got the June update this morning.
    07-16-17 12:18 PM
    And once again Big John is running circles around little johnny... with Tmobile pushing out July security updates now for Samsung Galaxy 8 series.

T-Mobile Galaxy S8 and S8+ receiving updates with security patches - TmoNews

Three Blackdroids in my world still on June.

Little johnny's "most secure Android" claims... what a farce!
    07-19-17 01:28 PM
    And once again Big John is running circles around little johnny... with Tmobile pushing out July security updates now for Samsung Galaxy 8 series.

T-Mobile Galaxy S8 and S8+ receiving updates with security patches - TmoNews

Three Blackdroids in my world still on June.

Little johnny's "most secure Android" claims... what a farce!
    Of course the reality is that neither John nor Johnny would have any idea what patches were or weren't released for what devices.

Thurber and his small team of developers have done very well against Samsung and its Army of coders.
    ptaylor10 likes this.
    07-19-17 01:55 PM
    Of course the reality is that neither John nor Johnny would have any idea what patches were or weren't released for what devices.

Thurber and his small team of developers have done very well against Samsung and its Army of coders.
    With or without excuses... the buck stops at johnny... especially when he fancies himself a software giant.
    07-19-17 02:13 PM
    Ahh, yes, of course, USA and Canada, the 'home' countries.
    What about the rest of the world? ..... How can BB 'release' an update for USA/Canada, but not the rest of the world??
    Either the update is released or it's not??
    BB have not specified that the released update if territorial, as far as I can see??
    Maybe BB think the 'rest of the world' is just a figment of their imagination' and they don't need to worry about it...
    Quick to 'sell' their wares outside the US, but not really bothered about 'supporting' it are they??
    I just talked to BB Support as I have not received a patch beyond May 5th either. I'm in the US with an unlocked 60. They gave me some BS about it being sent out by different carriers at different times and then about different parts of the world at different times. My understanding was that unlocked phones security patches were supposed to be pushed out directly by BB if you bought it from them. This is not a US, Canada issue this is some sort of failure at BB. So much for the most secure mobile phone in the world...apparently security patches aren't a priority.
    crackberry_geek and rcab like this.
    07-19-17 02:45 PM
    Your picture shows May 5th...
    Correct but my other phone was March, but now I received the update so it's on July. The phone in the picture is still on May.
    07-30-17 08:55 AM
50 12