Please tell me they will.
    09-29-16 10:19 AM
    NO....

Hardware is capable of it, but it requries the carrier to enable it... and they tend not to do that for phones that they don't sell... or aren't at least mainstream.
    09-29-16 10:25 AM
    NO....

Hardware is capable of it, but it requries the carrier to enable it... and they tend not to do that for phones that they don't sell... or aren't at least mainstream.
    Tmo encourages people bring your device , so yes , it will have it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 09:54 PM
    Tmo encourages people bring your device , so yes , it will have it

Even the DTEK50?
    09-29-16 10:12 PM
    Tmo encourages people bring your device , so yes , it will have it.
    No, it won't.

T-Mo has had the same policy about WFC for at least 5 years: they develop it and make it available only to phones they carry and sell themselves.

Sure, they're happy to activate any GSM phone you want to bring to them, but that won't make WFC (or Band 12 support) happen - both of those things require work and certification by T-Mo, and, again, that's only done for phones they carry, not for whatever random phone you bring to have activated.

This isn't new, and it doesn't only affect BB - there are plenty of Android and WinPhone phones that don't have WFC or Band 12 support and never will - because T-Mo didn't carry that particular phone, and so they didn't develop for it.

It really isn't that hard to understand.

Here's what T-Mo says:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9997

What do I need to use Wi-Fi Calling?
    To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need a supported T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling-capable phone and Wi-Fi Internet access.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1265

T-Mobile cannot and does not guarantee the functionality or performance of any handsets or devices that were not sold by T-Mobile or an authorized dealer of T-Mobile ("Non-T-Mobile Devices") for use on the T-Mobile network. Nor do we guarantee the functionality of any handsets or devices that do not have a software version that was sold or updated by T-Mobile (for example, rooted devices).

https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0

Wifi Calling App for Non-branded T-Mobile Devices (BYOD)?

Correct Answer
    by stevetjr on Oct 28, 2014 5:27 PM
    Unfortunately no, it is not an app but has to be integrated into the OS so that is why it is only on T-Mobile branded phones with the exception of the iPhone since Apple integrated it into the OS on all of their devices but it only currently works on T-Mobile and maybe Sprint since they have started launching wifi calling on limited devices and with a lot more restrictions than T-Mobile.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-29-16 11:49 PM
    No, it won't.

T-Mo has had the same policy about WFC for at least 5 years: they develop it and make it available only to phones they carry and sell themselves.

Sure, they're happy to activate any GSM phone you want to bring to them, but that won't make WFC (or Band 12 support) happen - both of those things require work and certification by T-Mo, and, again, that's only done for phones they carry, not for whatever random phone you bring to have activated.

This isn't new, and it doesn't only affect BB - there are plenty of Android and WinPhone phones that don't have WFC or Band 12 support and never will - because T-Mo didn't carry that particular phone, and so they didn't develop for it.

Here's what T-Mo says:

To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need a supported T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling-capable phone and Wi-Fi Internet access.

T-Mobile cannot and does not guarantee the functionality or performance of any handsets or devices that were not sold by T-Mobile or an authorized dealer of T-Mobile ("Non-T-Mobile Devices") for use on the T-Mobile network. Nor do we guarantee the functionality of any handsets or devices that do not have a software version that was sold or updated by T-Mobile (for example, rooted devices).

Correct Answer
    Unfortunately no, it is not an app but has to be integrated into the OS so that is why it is only on T-Mobile branded phones with the exception of the iPhone since Apple integrated it into the OS on all of their devices but it only currently works on T-Mobile and maybe Sprint since they have started launching wifi calling on limited devices and with a lot more restrictions than T-Mobile.
    Wow , didn't realize that that. I will have to email corporate about this. It's false advertising.

09-30-16 11:11 AM
    No, it won't.

Here's what T-Mo says:

Correct Answer
    Any unlocked GSM BlackBerry Priv always had WiFi calling even when not "officially" supported by T-Mobile. I always used it since day zero, September 2015. And today all BB10 phones, even the ones that were never available from T-Mobile, like the Passport or Leap, do have Wi-Fi calling working when using a T-Mobile SIM card. But took forever for that to happen and yes, the DTEK50 is currently not supported (I am typing on one right now) so I do use an iPhone or BB10 or Priv with T-Mobile for proper WFC service....

rcab likes this.
    09-30-16 06:35 PM
    Any unlocked GSM BlackBerry Priv always had WiFi calling even when not "officially" supported by T-Mobile. I always used it since day zero, September 2015. And today all BB10 phones, even the ones that were never available from T-Mobile, like the Passport or Leap, do have Wi-Fi calling working when using a T-Mobile SIM card. But took forever for that to happen and yes, the DTEK50 is currently not supported (I am typing on one right now) so I do use an iPhone or BB10 or Priv with T-Mobile for proper WFC service....

In my experience that's not true. I have two ShopBlackBerry Z30s and WFC doesn't work on T-Mobile. There was a 10.3.2 release several back that WFC on T-Mobile kind of worked, but wasn't very reliable, and since then it absolutely doesn't work on subsequent 10.3.2 releases. I wish it didn't suck like this.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 08:10 PM
    In my experience that's not true. I have two ShopBlackBerry Z30s and WFC doesn't work on T-Mobile. There was a 10.3.2 release several back that WFC on T-Mobile kind of worked, but wasn't very reliable, and since then it absolutely doesn't work on subsequent 10.3.2 releases. I wish it didn't suck like this.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that. My two Passports on 10.3.2 and my Z30 and a Leap work fine on WFC T-Mobile USA just after they fixed if for the BlackBerry Classic. But from my experience, the most solid and stable experience is still the iOS one, followed by BB10 then Android Priv (for T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling experience). Sometimes it just stops registering no matter what with some pesky errors.....

10-01-16 12:22 AM
    Sorry to hear that. My two Passports on 10.3.2 and my Z30 and a Leap work fine on WFC T-Mobile USA just after they fixed if for the BlackBerry Classic. But from my experience, the most solid and stable experience is still the iOS one, followed by BB10 then Android Priv (for T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling experience). Sometimes it just stops registering no matter what with some pesky errors.....

Can you confirm which OS version and Radio version your BB10 devices with WFC working are running? Mine is OS version 10.3.2.2876 and Radio version 10.3.2.2877.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:49 AM
    Also interested in how WFC works when the phone goes into sleep mode (like a phone set down at night while sleeping, but not plugged into a power outlet). Doesn't Wi-Fi normally disconnect when that occurs, and reconnect when it's brought back out of sleep (like the first time you pick it up in the morning)?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 01:55 AM
    I have the DTEK 60 in an area with absolutely no reception except wifi and can confirm that WFC on T-Mobile works just fine.
    10-31-16 09:44 AM
    WiFi calling and VoLTE are both working fine on T-Mobile. I did notice that when the phone sat for an extended period of time yesterday (not my daily driver yet) that the WiFi calling had to reconnect when I started using the device again.

I get OK signal for VoLTE so WiFi calling isn't a MUST for me, but I can confirm it's all working as it should!
    10-31-16 09:59 AM