Wasn't nextbit and Blu both made in usa?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-01-16 03:12 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU_Products

BLU is a product of China.
    11-01-16 03:31 PM
    Will DTEK60 be safe from Chinese Government?
    Note to the masses ..... NOTHING is safe from the Chinese Government. Just saying.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-01-16 03:49 PM
    Android phones not made in China = Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 03:49 PM
    Android phones not made in China = Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Guess people like Chinese Government after all )
    11-01-16 03:59 PM
    You should stick to all those great American made phones if this is a genuine worry for you.

Here's a list:
    Hahahahahahaha
    11-01-16 04:24 PM
    You should stick to all those great American made phones if this is a genuine worry for you.

Here's a list:
    Wow Bla1ze, you had me there for a moment............................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...................
    11-01-16 05:43 PM
    Bla1ze, there must be some kind of error with your list, it appears blank on my screen.
    Yes, the NSA is sorry, but we have had to edit the list.
    MTBBguy and FF22 like this.
    11-01-16 05:48 PM
    I talked to some people who also got the 60 but they noted that the phone comes from China-based TCL. They note that given the phone of origin comes from a country that is notorious for hacking; will the state apparatus be trying to find back doors to this phone?

Security is paramount and a phone made in a country that likes to snoop around people's emails is concerning to these people. Anyone like to take a jab at this potential issue?

Posted via CB10
    Why is the phone going back home for a visit?
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-01-16 06:01 PM
    Lol, this is sarcastic I hope. :-P

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10

Will 10.3.3 and dark hub also be safe from the Chinese?
    11-01-16 06:13 PM

No, they weren't and even if they were the best they could claim would be 'assembled in the US' as their parts would all be coming from China.
    11-01-16 06:38 PM
    I hope that the Priv screen and chassis are durable as tossing them over the wall between the US and Mexico is going to be rough on them!!!
    aecgda likes this.
    11-01-16 07:08 PM
    Don't worry. They sell tin foil hats for that.

Posted via CB10
    You need to make your own, for God's sake. Never trust a pre-made tinfoil hat.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-01-16 11:01 PM
    I think you need to take it a step further and make your own tinfoil and definitely not from "tin" imported from China!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-02-16 08:28 AM
    Majority of smartphones are made in China
    wait a minute guys go grab a priv Mexico 6 ......... z 10 also ! not talking about rebranded ones.

thats one of the reasons i am buying this phone!
    11-02-16 10:50 AM
    Myth: BlackBerrys are secure for consumers.

The fact is that BBs are secure only for the BES paying customers. Otherwise, they're adequate or below-average. I mean BBM doesn't have end-to-end encryption but Whatsapp/Facebook Messenger does... that ought to tell you something.
    11-02-16 11:41 AM
    wait a minute guys go grab a priv Mexico 6 ......... z 10 also ! not talking about rebranded ones.

thats one of the reasons i am buying this phone!
    Ah the Priv. The last of an era...
    11-02-16 11:46 AM
    I talked to some people who also got the 60 but they noted that the phone comes from China-based TCL. They note that given the phone of origin comes from a country that is notorious for hacking; will the state apparatus be trying to find back doors to this phone?

Security is paramount and a phone made in a country that likes to snoop around people's emails is concerning to these people. Anyone like to take a jab at this potential issue?

Posted via CB10
    you wouldn't be a yank would you?
    11-02-16 10:32 PM
    Hahahahahahaha
    Hey must be James Bond......then again......lol
    11-26-16 09:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    OP it seems that just last year the Canadian Government, or at least an arm of the government felt it necessary to have the same discussion. So, I'd say yeah you have a valid question and there are many outside the crackberrian universe that feel some foreign governments aren't trustworthy from a Canadian Security perspective. Anything seems possible so treat everything as a risk until proven otherwise.

"Canadian officials discouraged Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry from pursuing a deal with Chinese computer maker Lenovo Group Ltd. last year on the grounds it could compromise security, a person familiar with the matter told Bloomberg at the time. Harper said in an Oct. 18 interview that BlackBerry should be wary of potential takeovers that present security risks."

Why any foreign takeover of BlackBerry Ltd would need to pass muster with Canada?s top spies | Financial Post

edit: Before anyone chimes in to add "you have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide" that's a non starter for a counter argument.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    11-26-16 12:49 PM
    Nothing is safe from hacking. Nothing. It would be very naive to think that the DTEK60 or any device is "safe" ...
    11-26-16 03:16 PM
    If you look at it every piece of internal hardware is made in China. Not just BlackBerry's. So pointless to discuss. Here is my proposal to Canadian government. Build a qualcomm rivaling chip manufacturer and ban all phones that have any internal part made in China. There you go . Now only you can continue to spy.
    11-26-16 04:29 PM
    Worry about your own government first.
    11-26-16 06:26 PM
    Yeah I don't want china made tin foil hats
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-26-16 06:44 PM
    The hardware is made in China, the software is made by blackberry. They get the source code of android, make their customizations, add their apps and compile. Also the kernel and bootloader is rewritten and secured by BlackBerry.

But you are thinking wrong because even Microsoft has put backdoors on Windows at govs request so who cares about it? Everything is data mined these days and if you want true security don't use a computer and don't use a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. The best possible security is to not use it or turn it off.
    11-27-16 11:25 AM
56 123