Right now Samsung is giving EUR 259 for my DTEK60 if I buy a S8 or S8+ in the Netherlands . Such a program is essential for BB in my opinion to keep a lot of the DTEK60 (and Priv and DTEK 50) owners as customers in the long run. Agree?
    09-14-17 10:27 AM
    Dreaming....

TCL Communications is not Samsung or Apple - they aren't even BlackBerry who sold the DTEKs to begin with.
    09-14-17 10:53 AM
    As far as I know they do sell a reasonable amount of phones being among the 5 biggest phonemakers in the world...
    09-14-17 12:06 PM
    Dreaming....

TCL Communications is not Samsung or Apple - they aren't even BlackBerry who sold the DTEKs to begin with.
    See my comment above
    09-14-17 12:07 PM
    As far as I know they do sell a reasonable amount of phones being among the 5 biggest phonemakers in the world...
    Phones as in not smartphones..... that was more their bread and butter. But that business is dying and they haven't been successful in the smartphone arena - with too many low margin devices (not a lot of profit in $70 smartphones). Device shipments are down almost 20% YoY and they have had negative revenues for a few quarters now.

They aren't in a position to give anything away for free.

Lookup TCL Communications... they are a separately traded company, their info is all online.
    09-14-17 02:23 PM
    Maybe a $25 or $50 discount for DTEK users. Any more than that would be fantasy.
    09-14-17 02:26 PM
    Maybe a $25 or $50 discount for DTEK users. Any more than that would be fantasy.
    Than it should be one hell of a new BlackBerry phone to prevent customers switching to other brands.
    09-14-17 02:56 PM
    Than it should be one hell of a new BlackBerry phone to prevent customers switching to other brands.
    It will be a sturdy, industrial-style device with a 625 SoC and a giant battery.

Don't forget, BlackBerry sold the DTEKs, but TCL sells the new phones.
    09-14-17 03:02 PM
    I would trade one of my Dteks for a new phone 😂
    tubularbell likes this.
    09-14-17 03:43 PM
    Am I lost? Is this the BB10 forum? I smelled entitlement and came in to take a peek.
    09-14-17 03:48 PM
    It will be a sturdy, industrial-style device with a 625 SoC and a giant battery.

Don't forget, BlackBerry sold the DTEKs, but TCL sells the new phones.
    I know. For me it won't matter anymore. My faith in BB is gone. But I feel kind sad because of that, and am curious how other people feel. I guess that's why I started this thread.
    09-14-17 03:55 PM
    Am I lost? Is this the BB10 forum? I smelled entitlement and came in to take a peek.
    Feel free to speak. I traded my Passport for a DTEK60 because my work didn't allowed me to use the Android runtime any longer. 4.3 version was considered too big a risk. And the DTEK60 works quite fine. My faith as a customer though has suffered because I have the feeling that the buyers of the DTEK phones have been dismissed. They are being considered as collateral damage when they don't buy a new BlackBerry phone.
    09-14-17 04:02 PM
    I know. For me it won't matter anymore. My faith in BB is gone. But I feel kind sad because of that, and am curious how other people feel. I guess that's why I started this thread.
    I never had "faith" in BlackBerry, and I would never buy any item costing more than about $3 on "faith." I buy products based on their features and benefits, and I make know assumptions beyond whatever contractual or legal protections apply.

The result is that I have been very satisfied with my PlayBook, Z10, Passport, Priv, and now my AT&T KEYone. Each product fulfilled my expectations...some more and some less, as follows:

PlayBook: MET my expectations. I never thought of it as a full featured tablet, because it obviously wasn't. It was a GREAT companion device to my 9700, and it continues to work well as a media player for files on my network.

Z10: SURPASSED my expectations. Other than the battery, which was a design limitation and was obvious from the start, the phone has been a beast. Even with the KEYone I think I'll keep using it until it dies. No complaints about app availability as, again, it was obvious from the start that it wasn't going to get the same traction as Android and Apple.

Passport: SURPASSED expectations. The ultimate BB10 PKB phone, and another device I'll keep handy for years to come for email and reading documents.

Priv: MET my expectations, which honestly, weren't very high, because I was never a fan of sliders. And I noticed the heat issue when I played with it prior to purchasing it. I bought it for testing purposes, and was satisfied that it did everything it was supposed to. It will be my backup Android phone for the next year or so.

KEYone: So far, it has SURPASSED my expectations. It's not as smooth as BB10, but it has many, many more functions available, naturally, and I am loving the BlackBerry additions (launcher, Hub, DTEK, PKB, Productivity Tab, Shortcuts, etc.)

Most of the complaints I see seem to be from people who bought on "faith" instead of facts. The cure for that is simple: buy products and services that meet your needs and that provide written guarantees that match your expectations. Save "faith" for things we can't observe. Demand proof for everything else.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    JJonPB likes this.
    09-14-17 04:50 PM
    I feel more abandoned than before when I was with BB10. They should give us money for testing their devices. I thought they test the devices before going to market.
    So what series next will be a Test? The are testing our Patience you think?
    I guess it is like BB (Big Brother) Expect the Unexpected with BlackBerry . Oh sorry I mean disappointment.
    tubularbell likes this.
    09-16-17 02:09 PM
    Going from my Z10 to my Z30, I thought to myself that this might be my last BlackBerry device. Observing the market's lack of response to BB10, I knew it was only a matter of time. But I loved BB10, and the security and productivity focus. So I decided to get the Z30. When my Z30 began to get long in the tooth, I again observed the changes in company. I knew that going with the DTEK60 was again a bit of a risk, and thought, once again, this might be my last BlackBerry. But I love the BlackBerry software and focus on security and I decided to go for it. After almost a year with this device, I am very pleased. Am I disappointed that the device may not get Android N? Yes. But at the end of the day, those of us who bought this device should have been aware of the situation with BlackBerry as a company. We all know that BlackBerry is a very small player on very large field. Those of us who purchase BlackBerry devices should have done so with eyes wide open, not based on "faith". We get what we get. The future of the company, as far as branded BlackBerry devices is beginning to look good. Let's hope we see more promising branded devices with BlackBerry software and well designed hardware that the market will respond to.
    09-17-17 10:28 AM
    Going from my Z10 to my Z30, I thought to myself that this might be my last BlackBerry device. Observing the market's lack of response to BB10, I knew it was only a matter of time. But I loved BB10, and the security and productivity focus. So I decided to get the Z30. When my Z30 began to get long in the tooth, I again observed the changes in company. I knew that going with the DTEK60 was again a bit of a risk, and thought, once again, this might be my last BlackBerry. But I love the BlackBerry software and focus on security and I decided to go for it. After almost a year with this device, I am very pleased. Am I disappointed that the device may not get Android N? Yes. But at the end of the day, those of us who bought this device should have been aware of the situation with BlackBerry as a company. We all know that BlackBerry is a very small player on very large field. Those of us who purchase BlackBerry devices should have done so with eyes wide open, not based on "faith". We get what we get. The future of the company, as far as branded BlackBerry devices is beginning to look good. Let's hope we see more promising branded devices with BlackBerry software and well designed hardware that the market will respond to.
    Glad I'm not the only one who sees things this way. The bottom line for me is that I really enjoy working on my BlackBerry devices. Everything else is just noise.

ptaylor10 likes this.
    09-17-17 11:01 AM
    I never had "faith" in BlackBerry, and I would never buy any item costing more than about $3 on "faith." I buy products based on their features and benefits, and I make know assumptions beyond whatever contractual or legal protections apply.

The result is that I have been very satisfied with my PlayBook, Z10, Passport, Priv, and now my AT&T KEYone. Each product fulfilled my expectations...some more and some less, as follows:

PlayBook: MET my expectations. I never thought of it as a full featured tablet, because it obviously wasn't. It was a GREAT companion device to my 9700, and it continues to work well as a media player for files on my network.

Z10: SURPASSED my expectations. Other than the battery, which was a design limitation and was obvious from the start, the phone has been a beast. Even with the KEYone I think I'll keep using it until it dies. No complaints about app availability as, again, it was obvious from the start that it wasn't going to get the same traction as Android and Apple.

Passport: SURPASSED expectations. The ultimate BB10 PKB phone, and another device I'll keep handy for years to come for email and reading documents.

Priv: MET my expectations, which honestly, weren't very high, because I was never a fan of sliders. And I noticed the heat issue when I played with it prior to purchasing it. I bought it for testing purposes, and was satisfied that it did everything it was supposed to. It will be my backup Android phone for the next year or so.

KEYone: So far, it has SURPASSED my expectations. It's not as smooth as BB10, but it has many, many more functions available, naturally, and I am loving the BlackBerry additions (launcher, Hub, DTEK, PKB, Productivity Tab, Shortcuts, etc.)

Most of the complaints I see seem to be from people who bought on "faith" instead of facts. The cure for that is simple: buy products and services that meet your needs and that provide written guarantees that match your expectations. Save "faith" for things we can't observe. Demand proof for everything else.

What he said. If only others could see the light lol

Posted via CB10
    ptaylor10 likes this.
    09-17-17 11:16 AM