Just moved over from BB10 to DTEK60. In the process of setting up and getting used to android.

On feature I loved in BB10 was the WiFi sharing - being able to access the device via samba. Is this possible in DTEK60? Or do I need a separate app for it? In case I need a separate app, what is the recommend app?

Thanks
    11-15-16 11:17 AM
    AirDroid or one of the many Samba clients in Google Play. Guess it just comes down to what functions you want overall.
    11-15-16 11:36 AM
    AirDroid or one of the many Samba clients in Google Play. Guess it just comes down to what functions you want overall.
    are these for using my phones mobile internet connection to broadcast a wifi connection for others? (i.e. create a mobile hotspot). I don't see how to do that on DTEK60. it was pretty easy on my passport. Advice?
    11-15-16 01:57 PM
    I want the wifi sharing similar to bb10 where I can access the micro SD card from network connection on my pc. This was a very useful feature.
    11-19-16 08:30 PM
    I want the wifi sharing similar to bb10 where I can access the micro SD card from network connection on my pc. This was a very useful feature.
    different apps do that. ASUS file explorer does, and is a decent file explorer. works pretty nice.
    11-21-16 07:05 AM
    are these for using my phones mobile internet connection to broadcast a wifi connection for others? (i.e. create a mobile hotspot). I don't see how to do that on DTEK60. it was pretty easy on my passport. Advice?
    Settings / More / Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-21-16 10:18 AM
    In my DTEK60 the option for hotspot is grayed out (meaning it is not available). I received the following answer after escalating within AT&T (my carrier) the issue with mobile sharing and tethering: "AT&T reserves the right to make available such feature to factory-unlocked-not-bought-through-us phones. Therefore, such a feature is not available for your unit". Boys and girls, can we do something about this?
    11-24-16 05:22 PM
    Boys and girls, let it be known that today's (December's) update solved the mobile hotspot issue. I downloaded it and now the mobile hotspot and tethering option is available and working. Please spread the word so that other would-be-owners can feel free to buy the DTEK60, which is an awesome unit, and let's continue to support BlackBerry!
    12-07-16 12:23 PM
    Thanks for your replies.

I am really looking for a way to be able to access my BlackBerry KEYone via WiFi as a samba share. This is what I am looking for:

- In BB10, one could setup WiFi sharing with username and password
    - This would allow a \\10.0.0.1 samba access
    - It was very usefull to be able to use this for transferring files on LAN
    - I am missing this option in android. Those options that are availabke require root access, which is not possible in KEYOne (as far as I know)

Is there a way to get samba access to KEYone?
    09-12-17 02:09 AM