Having owned a One Plus 2 I hated the connector. Yes it was easy to fit either way yet there's no benefit otherwise, I was the odd man out looking around for yet another connector. Everything I have is micro, no use for the C. I'm going to pass on this handset.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-16 10:48 AM
    Because that's how Alcatel built it

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-08-16 11:10 AM
    Lolz, really? That's your complaint?

Well, you're gonna be really disappointed when you can't find another phone with micro USB. Seeing as usb-c is the new standard.

In fact I'm going to be more surprised at what handsets don't have it, rather than the ones that do.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    10-08-16 11:25 AM
    To be honest it will such that all my micro USB chargers will not work on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 11:46 AM
    To be honest it will such that all my micro USB chargers will not work on it.

Posted via CB10
    Your chargers will work, just not your cables.

You can get new cables, or you can just get adaptors. There are micro to usb-c adaptors for relatively cheap out there.

You won't be able to take advantage of faster data transfer, but it will work just fine for charging.

10-08-16 12:49 PM

You can get new cables, or you can just get adaptors. There are micro to usb-c adaptors for relatively cheap out there.

You won't be able to take advantage of faster data transfer, but it will work just fine for charging.
    I'm actually fine with a slower charging rate for my night charging. I'm told that we shouldn't leave new gen batteries charging overnight, that we should just top up as needed. That doesn't work for my day - I need a full battery when I get up in the morning bec I don't stay in one place long enough in my work day to be tethered to a wall.

So if I can use a slower, trickle charger overnight, that works for me, then a fast burst charger in the car to top up if need be.
    10-08-16 01:22 PM
    I'm sorry, but are you saying that you won't be getting this device majorly because it uses USB Type-C?

Um.. okay... wtf... that's a first.

Posted via CB10
    jlinc and Rainer Gassen like this.
    10-08-16 01:50 PM
    It's the future

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-16 01:51 PM
    Because file transfers won't take 3000 years over USB 3.
    10-08-16 01:56 PM
    Technological advancement... I'm a big fan.
    austriker and deadcowboy like this.
    10-08-16 02:03 PM
    Lol this complaint
    Mirko935 likes this.
    10-08-16 02:09 PM

Adapters seem to always stop working. I remember when everything went from mini to micro, I bought adapters fro mini to micro. They worked for a while but eventually they all stopped working. But I guess it's still a good stop-gap while you get new usb-c chargers and cables...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-08-16 02:15 PM
    I have a handful of cables I'll have to replace. One will come with the phone, but I'll need one with a right angle connector for my car holder, and another one for my nightstand.

Meh; all-in it simply isn't a big deal -- it's not like the Apple situation where they stick DRMware in the cables so they can effectively tax them.
    Menage likes this.
    10-08-16 04:27 PM
    Because file transfers won't take 3000 years over USB 3.
    Actually I think it's just a USB 2.0 interface with a USB-C connector.
    10-09-16 09:36 AM
    do not bother getting micro-usb to usb-c adapters. just grab some real and vetted usb-c cables on amazon for a few bucks and be done with it.

usb-c is the new standard, and is superior in every way to micro-usb, besides being slightly larger. and apparently there is a new version of it that supports true HDMI compatibility without an adapter (though i'd rather just have a micro-hdmi beside my usb-c port.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 10:46 AM
    Or, just buy a USB-C to Micro USB Adapter and you can use all your old cables.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...UvbUpU12620891
    Attached Thumbnails Why USB C on the 60?-usb-c-micro-usb-adapter-sx425.jpg  
    anon(2313227) and jlinc like this.
    10-09-16 06:01 PM
    I'm actually fine with a slower charging rate for my night charging. I'm told that we shouldn't leave new gen batteries charging overnight, that we should just top up as needed. That doesn't work for my day - I need a full battery when I get up in the morning bec I don't stay in one place long enough in my work day to be tethered to a wall.

So if I can use a slower, trickle charger overnight, that works for me, then a fast burst charger in the car to top up if need be.
    My phone is always charging overnight, not sure why anyone would leave their phone off the charger when you're not using it at home

Posted via CB10
    Menage likes this.
    10-09-16 06:20 PM
    I told that 100x times when people were complaining about the priv not being USB-C, and that was 1 year ago.

Being early adopter of an early technology has a few drawbacks, and it will take 2-3 years IMO to see USB-C everywhere.
    10-09-16 06:53 PM
    What's the point of using usb 2.0 on a usb c connector?
    10-09-16 07:59 PM
    Or, just buy a USB-C to Micro USB Adapter and you can use all your old cables.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...UvbUpU12620971
    Those are almost as expensive as new cables. Why?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 08:43 PM
    My phone is always charging overnight, not sure why anyone would leave their phone off the charger when you're not using it at home

Posted via CB10
    Because it damages the battery? Apparently it's best to regularly top up one's phone to just about 100, but never let it drop all the way. And never leave it on charge.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 08:45 PM
    Leaving it on charge is not a problem; the charger shuts off when full.

Please stop spreading this sort of crazy misinformation.
    10-09-16 08:46 PM
    Leaving it on charge is not a problem; the charger shuts off when full.

Please stop spreading this sort of crazy misinformation.
    oh you're right, my mistake

I guess my point should be that using your phone while it's on charge isn't the greatest idea. It generates a lot more heat than usual. So leave it on charge, but try not to while you're actively using it.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 08:52 PM
    Modern phones all control charge rates based on heat levels; if they get hot charging is shut down until it cools.

This might have been a serious issue ten years ago except that then you were limited to a 500ma charge rate since QC didn't exist and neither did high-rate standard USB charging -- today, with adaptive charging, it is simply not an issue at all.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    10-09-16 09:23 PM
    okay yeah yeah
    well my Passport gets hot when on charge and being used, and the power adapter for my macbook pro nearly burnt my skin

I'm sure you're correct, but, meh, I still have heat issues with my modern electronics sometimes. Oh well, I concede, just please stop!
    10-09-16 11:10 PM
46 12