I'm having a key1 overload at the moment. It's all k1 this and k1 that. I know and understand it's importance in the scheme of things but can't the crackberry guys come up with a little news about us mere dtek mortals? Or even the priv?

Just saying 🤔
    chi-town311 likes this.
    06-29-17 06:16 AM
    It happens with each new product release and from what I've been told it's intentional to draw traffic towards the site. When a device user enters in a question or issue on their search engine of choice, the corresponding CrackBerry article should be the first result to come back. At least, that's the goal.

Give it another month or so and the KEYone fever should die down.
    jamesharmeling and xandros9 like this.
    06-29-17 06:44 AM
    Apparently because the DTEK lines of phones aren't going to receive any further updates and have been killed off.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-29-17 06:58 AM
    Apparently because the DTEK lines of phones aren't going to receive any further updates and have been killed off.
    So sad but true a 6 month old device.
    06-29-17 07:20 AM
    Happens on every new phone. If another is released it'll be all about it.
    06-29-17 08:25 AM
    still kinda hurts though. We're no longer the cool kids.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-17 09:30 AM
    Forget being the cool kids... I'd settle for any info on an os update.
    00stryder likes this.
    06-29-17 09:41 AM
    still kinda hurts though. We're no longer the cool kids.
    Because BlackBerry is out of hardware business already.. dteks are both manufactured by tcl and supported by BlackBerry. While Keyone is a TCL device under the name of BlackBerry as we all know BlackBerry gave tcl license

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 10:27 AM
    The DTEKs existed in the limbo between BlackBerry producing their own devices and the formal BlackBerry-TCL joint venture (BlackBerry Mobile). They had very limited promotion and distribution, with the DTEK60 being sold exclusively online from Amazon and the now-shuttered Shop BlackBerry. Their demise, while untimely and unfortunate, is unsurprising from this company.
    06-29-17 10:58 AM
    The DTEKs existed in the limbo between BlackBerry producing their own devices and the formal BlackBerry-TCL joint venture (BlackBerry Mobile). They had very limited promotion and distribution, with the DTEK60 being sold exclusively online from Amazon and the now-shuttered Shop BlackBerry. Their demise, while untimely and unfortunate, is unsurprising from this company.
    Well, clearly people bought them, because we are on the forum asking about it. So why doesn't CrackBerry cover anything related to PRIV or DTEK. Such as - where is the June security update that they promised us? Or, why are they not updating a phone with a more current version of Android that we know they have already developed?
    06-29-17 11:21 AM
    I'm having a key1 overload at the moment. It's all k1 this and k1 that. I know and understand it's importance in the scheme of things but can't the crackberry guys come up with a little news about us mere dtek mortals? Or even the priv?

Just saying 🤔
    Because crackberry is on the payroll of TCL.
    06-29-17 11:26 AM
    Well, clearly people bought them, because we are on the forum asking about it. So why doesn't CrackBerry cover anything related to PRIV or DTEK. Such as - where is the June security update that they promised us? Or, why are they not updating a phone with a more current version of Android that we know they have already developed?
    I have a guess.

Why no love for the DTEK's like KEYone?-paid_shills_v2.png
    chi-town311 and PantherBlitz like this.
    06-29-17 11:31 AM
    I have a guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paid_shills_v2.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	426173
    I remember them claiming that the relationship would not alter how the site was operated....
    06-29-17 11:37 AM
    I remember them claiming that the relationship would not alter how the site was operated....
    Money changes everything my friend!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-29-17 11:42 AM

Just saying
    did you use both dtek and K1? may be you can come back and tell us why...
    06-29-17 01:38 PM
    Money changes everything my friend!
    Man, does it ever! Even for a company like CB that was built on the backs BlackBerry loyalists, not anymore.
    06-29-17 02:52 PM
    Why no love for the DTEK's like KEYone?-paid_shills_v3.png
    06-29-17 03:16 PM
    did you use both dtek and K1? may be you can come back and tell us why...
    Well I'm a dtek60 user since a few weeks after launch and no I don't own a k1 but have tried and liked it. But the price is way out of my current up grade range. To be honest after buying a Moto g5 for my daughter I will probably jump ship and go with moto or 1plus, not Samsung though, never been a fan.

We'll see what happens later this year as we're already halfway through 2017.
    06-30-17 07:39 AM
    feel your pain in the pocket. I brought dtek 60 for my nephew and K1 for my niece... burning a deep hole in my pocket... (both like their phone... dtek 60 good for gaming, VR, K1 good for texting and youtube... split screen).
    06-30-17 10:10 AM