10-26-16 02:37 PM
98 ... 234
tools
    We are just having an healthy discussion about the importance of the logo in the front, nothing salty

I'm just stating my opinion, because I'm not even buying one :P

In a marketing point of view I think they should have logo, in a "emotional" point of view I think they don't need logo at all, since they aren't blackberry phones, I mean, not designed in house
    Don't want to stir this up but does that mean apple and Google should have logos on the front of their phones?
    I foresee a time in the not too distant future that the front of a phone will be entirely glass and I believe that happen within 5 years time. So at that point there is no argument.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    Last edited by Adif_701; 10-07-16 at 04:26 AM.
    10-07-16 03:07 AM
    People I have been speaking with that are not BlackBerry phone users today are more likely to buy and use a BlackBerry Android that does not say BlackBerry on it.
    Reality is they don't like being teased for having a BlackBerry regardless how great it looks or how great the specs are.
    I can almost guarantee this is what BlackBerry research shows and why they didn't do a logo on front or a more prominent one on the back.
    Sure cost is a factor but if they thought putting a logo on front would sell more they would have. But the opposite is true.

Let's pretend to do a focus group with 20 people aged 15-40. Show them a DTEK50 (no logos front or back) and 10 other recent Android devices with no logo; include 1 with BlackBerry logo and all running exact same Android OS , specs and Launcher.
    Which phone will be eliminated first? We sadly all know the answer to that.
    For the sake of argument you could also put a different company logo on each phone. 10 different ones including BlackBerry and see what happens.

Posted via my DTEK50
    JNorth22 likes this.
    10-07-16 08:39 AM
    Don't want to stir this up but does that mean apple and Google should have logos on the front of their phones?
    I foresee a time in the not too distant future that the front of a phone will be entirely glass and I believe that happen within 5 years time. So at that point there is no argument.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    The answer is no. Apple doesn't because they never had. Is about being consistent with their design and brand image based on their history, not about simple having it or not. Apple never had it, so they shouldn't have, blackberry always had it, so they should have. Got it? Each brand is different

If this phones weren't rebranded, they would have BB logo at the front, I'm 100% sure.
    JLOforshort likes this.
    10-07-16 09:43 AM
    People I have been speaking with that are not BlackBerry phone users today are more likely to buy and use a BlackBerry Android that does not say BlackBerry on it.
    Reality is they don't like being teased for having a BlackBerry regardless how great it looks or how great the specs are.
    I can almost guarantee this is what BlackBerry research shows and why they didn't do a logo on front or a more prominent one on the back.
    Sure cost is a factor but if they thought putting a logo on front would sell more they would have. But the opposite is true.

Let's pretend to do a focus group with 20 people aged 15-40. Show them a DTEK50 (no logos front or back) and 10 other recent Android devices with no logo; include 1 with BlackBerry logo and all running exact same Android OS , specs and Launcher.
    Which phone will be eliminated first? We sadly all know the answer to that.
    For the sake of argument you could also put a different company logo on each phone. 10 different ones including BlackBerry and see what happens.

Posted via my DTEK50
    I'm almost sure it wasn't a design choice. Blackberry has done dozens of different phones for the past, every single one had BB branding at the front, it's a bit too much coincidence that the first batch rebranded phones don't have that logo. The priv has a logo and is Android too, if there was a moment to change to me was when the priv was released. I don't believe the bespoke Priv had any less research than the more value oriented DtekXX's.
    I also don't think having a logo or not will impact sales in a meaningfull way, so not worth making an extra batch of screens. The priv was a bespoke screen, so they had to make new screens regardless.

This is just my opinion though, I can be wrong.

Lets see If the rumoured blackberry mercury made in house by BB has the logo at the front. if it ever gets released
    10-07-16 09:48 AM
    I'm almost sure it wasn't a design choice. Blackberry has done dozens of different phones for the past, every single one had BB branding at the front, it's a bit too much coincidence that the first batch rebranded phones don't have that logo. The priv has a logo and is Android too, if there was a moment to change to me was when the priv was released. I don't believe the bespoke Priv had any less research than the more value oriented DtekXX's.
    I also don't think having a logo or not will impact sales in a meaningfull way, so not worth making an extra batch of screens. The priv was a bespoke screen, so they had to make new screens regardless.

This is just my opinion though, I can be wrong.

Lets see If the rumoured blackberry mercury made in house by BB has the logo at the front. if it ever gets released
    I think the Priv was their last shot with the "BlackBerry" comeback device. You won't see the BlackBerry logo on the front of any device ever again. Especially in North America.
    As a share holder, I'm glad they don't have the logo on the front anymore.

Posted via my DTEK50
    10-07-16 10:00 AM
    Blackberry isn't cool for a long time,

Dont be silly, its less that five years since Blackberry ruled the world.
    10-07-16 07:58 PM
    I think the Priv was their last shot with the "BlackBerry" comeback device. You won't see the BlackBerry logo on the front of any device ever again. Especially in North America.
    As a share holder, I'm glad they don't have the logo on the front anymore.

Posted via my DTEK50
    If mercury even comes out and is the real last Blackberry made in house, all of use will be able to see what's the real reason depending if it has or not logo at the front.
    10-07-16 08:51 PM
    Dont be silly, its less that five years since Blackberry ruled the world.
    Not really. The highest marketshare Blackberry had was in Q1 2009 with 20,1% marketshare. in Q1 2011 it was down to 13,6% and by late 2011 it was down to only 8.1%
    10-07-16 08:55 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry could sell us a sticker that we can place if we want to. Cant be any worse than trying to sell us stickers in BBM
    10-08-16 02:58 AM
    That's true as well the iphone logo is only on the back of the phone.
    10-08-16 06:42 AM
    Brand consistency is like Coca Cola vs Pepsi logo...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-08-16 02:28 PM
    In that coca cola has never really changed but Pepsi changes all then time?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 03:00 PM
    Potential buyers who knows the brand they should easily identify the phone without having to look at the logo.

Apple is a clear example. Take the logo away, and still anyone would know what it is.

That said, BlackBerry hasn't reach that level. But just to point out that logo on the front isn't everything...even for Apple before it got big.

Hey...is that an Iphone or a Google Pixel??
    JNorth22 likes this.
    10-08-16 06:11 PM
    Only Google would be so bold

Posted via CB10
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-08-16 06:20 PM
    In that coca cola has never really changed but Pepsi changes all then time?

Posted via CB10
    That's right. And then you compare how Google changes their logo almost for every events...although where do you draw the line...

10-09-16 04:00 AM
    Hey...is that an Iphone or a Google Pixel??
    Easy, Pixel has no finger print reader or home button in front
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-10-16 08:27 PM
    Not really. The highest marketshare Blackberry had was in Q1 2009 with 20,1% marketshare. in Q1 2011 it was down to 13,6% and by late 2011 it was down to only 8.1%
    "Ruled the world in text messaging"
    10-12-16 05:00 PM
    I'd also like the logo on the front,
    The dtek looks fully glass so I might have to put a cover on it !

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-16 02:06 AM
    BlackBerry should do a lot of things. This isn't one of them. They chose not to put the logos there. It is what it is.
    OK, I acquiesce. I was thinking about how companies usually want to promote their brand name. T-Mobile had a booth recently at a venue near us and they had various Samsung branded nick-knacks they were giving out. The lady said Samsung gives them to carriers for promotion. However, I can understand why BlackBerry may have opted for an understated logo. I mentioned this story already in another thread. There was an IT guy that came to my booth at an event I was doing for our business and suddenly he spotted my PRIV. I am sure he had never seen one in the wild before, since he called it a Prive (rhyming with dive). ("Oh you have a Prive...") He was intrigued by it & spoke wistfully of the BlackBerry he had once had and how he missed the physical keyboard. So I said, "Why don't you get one for yourself, they have come down in price?" and he said that his co-workers would make fun of him if they saw him with a BlackBerry :-( Then he said nostalgically "I wish them (BlackBerry) well." I think he really would have liked to have had one.
    So if the logo is on the back and more discreet you can have it and cover it up with a case until people become fascinated with that phone you have, and want to know what it is.
    aecgda and JNorth22 like this.
    10-13-16 03:33 AM
    OK, I acquiesce. I was thinking about how companies usually want to promote their brand name. T-Mobile had a booth recently at a venue near us and they had various Samsung branded nick-knacks they were giving out. The lady said Samsung gives them to carriers for promotion. However, I can understand why BlackBerry may have opted for an understated logo. I mentioned this story already in another thread. There was an IT guy that came to my booth at an event I was doing for our business and suddenly he spotted my PRIV. I am sure he had never seen one in the wild before, since he called it a Prive (rhyming with dive). ("Oh you have a Prive...") He was intrigued by it & spoke wistfully of the BlackBerry he had once had and how he missed the physical keyboard. So I said, "Why don't you get one for yourself, they have come down in price?" and he said that his co-workers would make fun of him if they saw him with a BlackBerry :-( Then he said nostalgically "I wish them (BlackBerry) well." I think he really would have liked to have had one.
    So if the logo is on the back and more discreet you can have it and cover it up with a case until people become fascinated with that phone you have, and want to know what it is.
    This issue about being made fun of for having a BlackBerry came up earlier. It goes to show how people will just go with the crowd as opposed to actually considering a product, in this case a phone, that may work better for them. People comment and ask me about my PPSE, to which I respond with all of my favorite features (Hub, OS fluidity/ease of use, its width, Calendar/Contact/Message integration). With those features and more, there's nothing to make fun of a Passport for (though some people feel it lacks apps, fair enough). So in my experience, people see the phone and the front logo, ask me about it, and then understand the greatness of the device. I enjoy doing it and hope it helps because unfortunately, BlackBerry's marketing has been nonexistent.

Now about the lack of a front logo. I wish it was there--I really do ("real" BlackBerry or not)--because it's a staple of the brand and when it's seen out in the wild it lets people know BlackBerry is still in the device business. However, I do think it would be a hindrance to actually getting them into the wild because most people will stroll right past them after seeing BlackBerry on it. Without the front logo, I think people don't prejudge it and at least check out the phone to see what it offers before deciding. So overall, probably a smart move by the company, whether intentional or not (which I can't often say when it comes to the marketing of their devices).

If Android helps BlackBerry live on, then so be it. Maybe we'll get another BB10 device down the road.

Long live BlackBerry! Long live BB10!
    10-26-16 12:49 PM
    This issue about being made fun of for having a BlackBerry came up earlier. It goes to show how people will just go with the crowd as opposed to actually considering a product, in this case a phone, that may work better for them. People comment and ask me about my PPSE, to which I respond with all of my favorite features (Hub, OS fluidity/ease of use, its width, Calendar/Contact/Message integration). With those features and more, there's nothing to make fun of a Passport for (though some people feel it lacks apps, fair enough). So in my experience, people see the phone and the front logo, ask me about it, and then understand the greatness of the device. I enjoy doing it and hope it helps because unfortunately, BlackBerry's marketing has been nonexistent.

Now about the lack of a front logo. I wish it was there--I really do ("real" BlackBerry or not)--because it's a staple of the brand and when it's seen out in the wild it lets people know BlackBerry is still in the device business. However, I do think it would be a hindrance to actually getting them into the wild because most people will stroll right past them after seeing BlackBerry on it. Without the front logo, I think people don't prejudge it and at least check out the phone to see what it offers before deciding. So overall, probably a smart move by the company, whether intentional or not (which I can't often say when it comes to the marketing of their devices).

If Android helps BlackBerry live on, then so be it. Maybe we'll get another BB10 device down the road.

Long live BlackBerry! Long live BB10!
    So the other day I pulled out my Priv when talking to a couple of people, (my business is an agriculture related one), with whom I had a business transaction. I was getting contact info. The one guy looked at my Priv with the keyboard extended and said, "oooh, what phone is...oh a BLACKBERRY !" he said this with an underlying tone of admiration. "I like it, I said. " so do I" he replied, "I'd like to have one like that," and other guy with him concurred.
    These were not IT guys or white collar execs. They are just down to earth entrepreneurs, running their own businesses. They couldn't care less if blackberry is "popular" or the in-thing in tech circles. They just want a productive tool to run their businesses. For these types, the logo is definitely a plus on the front for promoting the brand. There are thousands of people like this. Many don't know BlackBerry is still around, but now these 2 guys do.
    10-26-16 01:38 PM
    Someone should send their DTEK50 or DTEK60 to UKarbon so they can make a skin for it. Get them to print BlackBerry on the front piece.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 01:59 PM
    Ya they need to leave BlackBerry and logo on the screen, just love how the light reflects off it and catches your eye. Absolutely Beautiful . Be unique ,Be yourself and don't be like everyone else.
    10-26-16 02:37 PM
98 ... 234