Was looking forward to thay new sleek logo that was on the renders. But really, who actually puts logos on the front anymore?
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-02-16 10:03 PM
    Are you guys really that bothered by the absence of a logo? Don't you already know what phone you're using if you purchased it?

BlackBerry definitely has the worst fans in the history of fans... You can't live without a logo on the front, you can't live without an RGB LED,
    I, for one, own a BlackBerry because of the RGB LED. I set my notifications different colors and use it to distinguish between "Should I or shouldn't I pickup my phone immediately to check that notification". Removing that feature and there is NOTHING left to set BlackBerry apart from another manufacturer other than security (which is ALSO becoming optional).
    JNorth22 likes this.
    10-02-16 11:05 PM
    I, for one, own a BlackBerry because of the RGB LED. I set my notifications different colors and use it to distinguish between "Should I or shouldn't I pickup my phone immediately to check that notification". Removing that feature and there is NOTHING left to set BlackBerry apart from another manufacturer other than security (which is ALSO becoming optional).
    How is RGB LED something that sets BlackBerry apart? Half the Android market has had it for years.

Btw, there are apps like Light Manager which can afaik also control frequency of the LED blinking so you could use that instead of various colors.
    10-03-16 03:08 AM
    Are you guys really that bothered by the absence of a logo? Don't you already know what phone you're using if you purchased it?

BlackBerry definitely has the worst fans in the history of fans... You can't live without a logo on the front, you can't live without an RGB LED, yesterday I saw a guy saying he'll never buy a phone if it doesn't have a play/pause button like BB10 phones, half of you are dissing Priv because it's a slider and the keyboard is, according to some people here, absolutely terrible (I think it's great), Android sucks because "Google is watching you", BB10 sucks because of lack of some apps, Priv and DTEK50 suck because you don't get a BlackBerry music player or a fu**ing file manager preinstalled (despite the fact there are hundreds of those apps in the Play Store and it would be an utter idiotic waste of time to develop them, which is also something people here don't understand)...

I mean seriously, what's wrong with you people? And then you complain that BB's sales are getting smaller. Of course they're getting smaller when a non-fan person comes to a fan site and all he sees is negativity. Had I started visiting these forums more regularly before I bought my Priv, there's no chance I'd buy it seeing how many people are dissatisfied with it and with BB in general.

I'm not saying you should only speak positively about things like on some "iForums", but some objectivity and a little less whining would really be great. There is like a few dozen topics about a file manager on BB Android phones. FFS, it takes 20 seconds to go to Play Store and install one. Literally. Less time than it takes to come to the forum to whine about it.
    Lol this is so true!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-03-16 05:38 AM
    Its because they aren't cool anymore.... but that's exactly why I always use them. The Blackberry logo is like a two finger salute at every weak minded iClone that gazes upon it.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-03-16 12:13 PM
    The simple reason why you don't see logo in Dtek50 and Dtek60 is for cost reasons, nothing to do with space or whatever. Top and bottom has TONES of space for a logo if they wanted to print it.

http://cdn.gsmarena.com/imgroot/news...marena_002.jpg

It really has no difference in functionality, but to be honest, it's such a treadmark image from blackberry to have that logo there. It's like buying a mercedes without the star in the front or a BMW without the kidney style grille.
    I'll look for the apple symbol on the front like all the iphones out there.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    Last edited by Adif_701; 10-03-16 at 01:49 PM.
    10-03-16 12:16 PM
    Cost and real estate I guess
    10-03-16 08:28 PM
    I'll look for the apple symbol on the front like all the iphones out there.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    Apple has traditionally been reversed from blackberry. Blackberry uses at the front, Apple at the back... oh wait, blackberry uses at the back too
    10-03-16 09:03 PM
    Its because they aren't cool anymore.... but that's exactly why I always use them. The Blackberry logo is like a two finger salute at every weak minded iClone that gazes upon it.
    Blackberry isn't cool for a long time, Priv has it, passport has it because it has a screen made for it it's a bespoke phone unlike the new ones. Dtek50 and 60 and byproducts of the "Blackbrexit", they are rebranded phones, it's not cheap no manufacture another piece of glass, so they just use the alcatel ones that don't have branding either.
    10-03-16 09:05 PM
    Blackberry isn't cool for a long time, Priv has it, passport has it because it has a screen made for it it's a bespoke phone unlike the new ones. Dtek50 and 60 and byproducts of the "Blackbrexit", they are rebranded phones, it's not cheap no manufacture another piece of glass, so they just use the alcatel ones that don't have branding either.
    I wouldn't say it's bad that it doesn't have the BlackBerry logo and name on the front. It still has the BlackBerry logo on the back and it's good enough IMHO.

After all, iPhone doesn't have a logo on the front either. It does look cleaner and users can just focus on the screen only. It also that when others look at you using the phone, they usually just notice the logo on the back.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 07:37 PM
    To me it makes sense that they don't say BlackBerry on front, because it isn't totally a BlackBerry phone, just approved by BlackBerry .
    It leaves room for BlackBerry to make different moves in future if that makes any sense.
    From a BlackBerry user..
    From PlayBook -Z10-Z30-Classic-Leap-Passport-Priv-?-?-?-?-?-Blackberry..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-16 11:31 PM
    I wouldn't say it's bad that it doesn't have the BlackBerry logo and name on the front. It still has the BlackBerry logo on the back and it's good enough IMHO.

After all, iPhone doesn't have a logo on the front either. It does look cleaner and users can just focus on the screen only. It also that when others look at you using the phone, they usually just notice the logo on the back.

Posted via CB10
    Well, apple doesn't have it in the front, and thy NEVER had it. Blackberry doesn't have it, but ALWAYS had it. It's a useless detail, wich doesn't enhance anything on the phone, but I think it's a nice touch that goes with the brand history. It's like Mercedes having a start in the front, or a BMW having the "kidney" like air intakes... It's about history, tradition and brand recognition. Look how stupid i look if I say "oh but BMW doesn't have a star in the front, so who cares?...

Why no BlackBerry branding on front?!?-888244f879010cf3219a8ca11904666d.jpg

Why no BlackBerry branding on front?!?-blackberry.jpg

Can you see the pattern?
    asiayeah likes this.
    10-05-16 11:31 PM
    Does Pixel have the G on the front?
    I think you will see less and less of this in the future. Samsung will, imo, drop the logo on the front in the future as well.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-05-16 11:35 PM
    When you pick up your phone in front of someone, whether still or moving...they can see the logo at the back. It's brand awareness at its finest.

At the front, the exposure is (much) less.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    asiayeah likes this.
    10-06-16 02:03 AM
    The thing is a lot of people cover their phones with cases and sometimes the case covers the logo or don't have the logo on their case anyways. I like seeing it on the front , cause I'm PROUD to own a BlackBerry.
    Live Life and Diehard BlackBerry Owner.

Sigewif, JNorth22 and JLOforshort like this.
    10-06-16 02:23 AM
    The thing is a lot of people cover their phones with cases and sometimes the case covers the logo or don't have the logo on their case anyways. I like seeing it on the front , cause I'm PROUD to own a BlackBerry.
    Live Life and Diehard BlackBerry Owner.

My solution is to buy cases with the BlackBerry logo on the back.

And of course I am going to use the BlackBerry Hub+ and BlackBerry Launcher as often as I can. Also let's stick with BBM.
    10-06-16 02:52 AM
    Actually I just realized why it's important to have branding in the front...

...so that TSA knows it's not a Galaxy Note 7.
    asiayeah, jakie55, Menage and 1 others like this.
    10-06-16 08:26 AM
    When you pick up your phone in front of someone, whether still or moving...they can see the logo at the back. It's brand awareness at its finest.

At the front, the exposure is (much) less.

I agree at 50% only... Yes the first half of your sentece is right. But how about at the shop where all the phones are facing forward to the potential buyer. A lot of times the security strap is even covering the back logo.
    10-06-16 01:06 PM
    Does Pixel have the G on the front?
    I think you will see less and less of this in the future. Samsung will, imo, drop the logo on the front in the future as well.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    There is little to no evidence that is going to happen. In fact, samsung is a good proof of concept of keeping a consistent brand image. Same thing with nokia.

Apple has been incredily consistent in their design aproach, no logo at the front, but logo at the back. Even their 1st ipod launched back in 2001 has a very common design with their logos on smartphones, and no logo at the front

I'm 99% sure that Dtek50 and 60 don't have logo at the front because of BUDGET, i doubt it was a design decision
    10-06-16 01:13 PM
    I agree at 50% only... Yes the first half of your sentece is right. But how about at the shop where all the phones are facing forward to the potential buyer. A lot of times the security strap is even covering the back logo.
    Potential buyers who knows the brand they should easily identify the phone without having to look at the logo.

Apple is a clear example. Take the logo away, and still anyone would know what it is.

That said, BlackBerry hasn't reach that level. But just to point out that logo on the front isn't everything...even for Apple before it got big.

10-06-16 02:21 PM
    You have a good point , that's why I think they should keep the the woven glass carbon fiber look. That's what distinguishes it from the others.

10-06-16 03:07 PM
    Holy smokes guys get over it.

Mirko935 likes this.
    10-06-16 03:10 PM
    Potential buyers who knows the brand they should easily identify the phone without having to look at the logo.

Apple is a clear example. Take the logo away, and still anyone would know what it is.

That said, BlackBerry hasn't reach that level. But just to point out that logo on the front isn't everything...even for Apple before it got big.

There's a problem, most people don't know blackberry makes phones at all. And this isn't now, almost 4 years ago when BB10 launched (Blackberry wasn't as dead as it is today), there were plenty of coments on "Does blackberry still make phones"?

Nobody knows the brand, and even those who know, outside this forum looking from the front won't have any idea wich phone is. Even you and me might have trouble knowing what it is since these are rebranded Alcatel phones

"is that a Blackberry Dtek, or is it an Alcatel?"
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-06-16 04:22 PM
    Holy smokes guys get over it.

We are just having an healthy discussion about the importance of the logo in the front, nothing salty

I'm just stating my opinion, because I'm not even buying one :P

In a marketing point of view I think they should have logo, in a "emotional" point of view I think they don't need logo at all, since they aren't blackberry phones, I mean, not designed in house
    10-06-16 04:23 PM
    We are just having an healthy discussion about the importance of the logo in the front, nothing salty

I'm just stating my opinion, because I'm not even buying one :P

In a marketing point of view I think they should have logo, in a "emotional" point of view I think they don't need logo at all, since they aren't blackberry phones, I mean, not designed in house
    Yep. From a marketing perspective I agree, the logo should be there. Emotionally speaking I agree. They are not a BlackBerry....so let the logo drop from the front move forward and just the brand on the back........

10-07-16 12:20 AM
98 1234