Are you guys really that bothered by the absence of a logo? Don't you already know what phone you're using if you purchased it?

BlackBerry definitely has the worst fans in the history of fans... You can't live without a logo on the front, you can't live without an RGB LED, yesterday I saw a guy saying he'll never buy a phone if it doesn't have a play/pause button like BB10 phones, half of you are dissing Priv because it's a slider and the keyboard is, according to some people here, absolutely terrible (I think it's great), Android sucks because "Google is watching you", BB10 sucks because of lack of some apps, Priv and DTEK50 suck because you don't get a BlackBerry music player or a fu**ing file manager preinstalled (despite the fact there are hundreds of those apps in the Play Store and it would be an utter idiotic waste of time to develop them, which is also something people here don't understand)...

I mean seriously, what's wrong with you people? And then you complain that BB's sales are getting smaller. Of course they're getting smaller when a non-fan person comes to a fan site and all he sees is negativity. Had I started visiting these forums more regularly before I bought my Priv, there's no chance I'd buy it seeing how many people are dissatisfied with it and with BB in general.

I'm not saying you should only speak positively about things like on some "iForums", but some objectivity and a little less whining would really be great. There is like a few dozen topics about a file manager on BB Android phones. FFS, it takes 20 seconds to go to Play Store and install one. Literally. Less time than it takes to come to the forum to whine about it.
    Many have been saying the most toxic thing BlackBerry has is this so-called "fanbase". Honestly, the more dissed off this "fanbase" is, BlackBerry is heading in the right direction. Basically they are finally ditching this 0.3% of the market that simply doesn't get it and outright batsh*t crazy, to appeal to the rest of the 99.7% of market.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    09-28-16 08:16 AM
    Like you know how Apple includes a sticker with every Macbook back then.
    I routinely stick my free Apple stickers onto the lid of my Windows laptops.

It's not just BB that can do "design" ya know!
    09-28-16 08:41 AM
    ^ my 12 year did that. Funny.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:43 AM
    My guess is there isn't a BlackBerry logo on the front because it isn't a BlackBerry phone. Discretely on the back is fine with me. Strongly on the front may also put some people off as the brand has lost it's appeal to the large consumer audience. It's what's in the phone that is more important. But this looks a simple, classy design which I associate with BlackBerry in any case (Z10, Z30, Priv etc).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jakie55 likes this.
    09-28-16 10:31 AM
    My guess is there isn't a BlackBerry logo on the front because it isn't a BlackBerry phone. Discretely on the back is fine with me. Strongly on the front may also put some people off as the brand has lost it's appeal to the large consumer audience. It's what's in the phone that is more important. But this looks a simple, classy design which I associate with BlackBerry in any case (Z10, Z30, Priv etc).

This is the reason. Also, many phones including iPhone do not have a logo or name on the front.
    So why does anyone care? Show people your DTEK50 /60. They will go wow, then tell them its a BlackBerry or don't!

Posted via my DTEK50
    09-28-16 10:50 AM
    No logo in front just because this is not blackberry any more, the other party invest more money to build it than blackberry. How we can call android blackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 11:09 AM
    The HUB is now the most important thing we have left and I think the most valuable by far. I hope the Android Hub continues to improve. The BlackBerry 10 Hub is still smoother.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 11:14 AM
    I agree it is dumb. I was at a kiosk yesterday and every android phone had their name on the front. Except the LG and BlackBerry DTEK50

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 12:11 PM
    I see the BlackBerry logo on back, but why not proudly stamp the front with the iconic badge at the top of the phone?

Posted via CB10
    Who cares, if it looks good people will ask about it

09-28-16 12:31 PM
    The lawsuit isn't worth it.
    Maybe a Crackberry sticker. I'd buy one.

Kadir Kaan ERKURAN likes this.
    09-28-16 01:36 PM
    Its easier to change the name of the company without the word "BlackBerry" on the front.
    09-28-16 01:46 PM
    Does it say HTC on the new Google Pixel phones?

Posted via my DTEK50
    09-28-16 04:01 PM
    BlackBerry should do a lot of things. This isn't one of them. They chose not to put the logos there. It is what it is.
    I think the reason is more simple. First, the space there is very limited. Between the camera, the led and the sensor there is almost zero space left for a proper BlackBerry logo. Second, the idea about the DTEK50 is that you can hold it upside down as well as long as you are not talking....it is a symmetric design so it does not matter how you hold it when using it for non phone talking work.

My two cents after observing my DTEK50 all day today. My Priv was dropped, died and I had to migrate to this while I get a new Priv....

09-28-16 04:55 PM
    Holy $hit, no big deal really, was just asking the question, not how to split the atom! Simmer down folks, damn!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:29 PM
    I get on crackberry daily just to get a laugh. Never disappointed.

Posted via DTEK50
    aecgda, anon(8719892) and Bay 13 like this.
    09-28-16 09:30 PM
    Cause they only changed the backplate
    agreed.
    09-29-16 12:54 AM
    Are we going to ask this about every BlackBerry going forward? lol
    I think since they've done it traditionally it came as a surprise with the DTEK50 and we thought it may have been either oversight or a new venture they weren't sure they were going to continue but now with the second phone with the same style branding we are all kind of surprised, even if it is a cost issue. I don't think the cost would be that great to get some Laser engraving.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 04:24 AM
    At this point I think you should be happy it has the name BlackBerry on it at all....

But just how many brands put their name on the front of their phones these days?
    09-29-16 07:34 AM
    Can't believe this thread is still going... I got my answer on the 3,4, and 5th post. Lol
    09-29-16 07:38 AM
    Hey guys, we are prisoners of war. We get the scraps of technology to keep us barely alive, nothing more. Don't expect any investments beyond that. A day we are not beaten (cause phones are still working) is a good day.

Posted on my Still Awesome Z30
    09-29-16 09:30 AM
    Are we going to ask this about every BlackBerry going forward? lol
    You mean, Alcatel?
    09-29-16 10:29 AM
    Market research shows that most people flip their phone down when placing on a table, so it's best to have the logo at the back.

Just kidding...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-02-16 03:33 PM
    Advance in screen design, Edge to edge glass and bezel sizes, mean less space for company branding. Really just a waste of space.
    Use a background image.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-02-16 05:15 PM
    I have no problems with this as I've always been used to logo less fronts with previous motorola and nexus phones.
    10-02-16 06:34 PM
    Advance in screen design, Edge to edge glass and bezel sizes, mean less space for company branding. Really just a waste of space.
    Use a background image.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    The simple reason why you don't see logo in Dtek50 and Dtek60 is for cost reasons, nothing to do with space or whatever. Top and bottom has TONES of space for a logo if they wanted to print it.

It really has no difference in functionality, but to be honest, it's such a treadmark image from blackberry to have that logo there. It's like buying a mercedes without the star in the front or a BMW without the kidney style grille.
    JNorth22 likes this.
    10-02-16 07:53 PM
98 1234