I'm having the same issues and my usage is similar to what has been shown - screen and app usage being the culprits. I've reduced my screen brightness - but when you say "app misbehave" what does that mean and how do I find these rascals? I'm getting less than four hours on a charge and it's beyond frustrating. FYI, I've had the 60 since November and this just started a month or so ago!
    06-21-17 07:06 AM
    I'm having the same issues and my usage is similar to what has been shown - screen and app usage being the culprits. I've reduced my screen brightness - but when you say "app misbehave" what does that mean and how do I find these rascals? I'm getting less than four hours on a charge and it's beyond frustrating. FYI, I've had the 60 since November and this just started a month or so ago!
    It's VERY difficult in many cases to find the misbehaving app. One of the problems is that if the misbehaving app is calling system services (e.g. sending a lot of spying data back to "mommy") the usage will get charged to the system and not the app since 95% of the power is actually being consumed by (for example) sending packets.

Sometimes all you can do is start removing apps until you find the bad one. What I tend to do in situations like this is put the phone on a WiFi network where I can stick a packet sniffer on and see what traffic is going out -- and if I find far more than SHOULD be sent start removing apps until that stops.

You'd be surprised at how many apps Google has "approved" but are really nothing more than a data collection device for "someone" that happens to provide some sort of useful function for you (e.g. a picture gallery) at the same time. These people need to be taken out and shot -- and not just for the privacy violation, but for the impact it has on your device's battery life and data traffic volume.
    06-21-17 07:32 AM
    I have experienced similar short battery life. I have been closing everything right away after using an app, turning off location until needed. But still not getting the results posted her until I turned off ---tap to wake up screen. Now much better
    06-21-17 12:20 PM
    My guess - facebook app. The thing is a scourge. It drains battery, it takes up all your memory over time, it tracks you. It's terrible. Delete it and access the website only, as needed.

Facebook app on my wife's phone took over 32gb of memory before I figured it out and deleted the stupid thing.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    06-21-17 12:30 PM
    What is video speed? That is using as much as the screen which is one of the biggest battery users.
    06-21-17 12:39 PM
    BlackBerry asked me to send screen shots of battery and logs taken at 100% battery life and 30% battery life.

This afternoon they completed their analysis and said everything is fine and my battery is performing as it should
    06-21-17 06:50 PM
    Get an oukitel k10000 pro. For about $190 u.s., you get a phone that goes over a week between charges on heavy daily usage. Never worry about battery charge again!

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    07-03-17 12:55 AM
    I think expecting all day usage is unrealistic if you are a heavy user.

But just turning Auto-update off helped me improve my battery life.
    07-03-17 06:19 PM
    I have just noticed this so thought I would stick it in this post... I have changed browser from Chrome to DuckDuckGo and it has improved my battery hugely, I would say another 3 hours or so. Not sure if it is the Chrome app sync'ing all of the time or its location services, but defo seen a huge improvement when I removed from use.
    07-10-17 04:36 AM
    For my battery issue, I installed OS Monitor. then I found out a game called Talking Tom was using CPU very frequently even though it was't started.

I removed it and things run much smoother and the battery issue was gone. Interestingly, the game never shows up in the built in battery usage screen.
    07-11-17 07:02 AM
    I would suggest you to activate the option "notify all" in DTEK app.
    That way you'll be able to see how many times each app ask permission or use permission for something.
    07-11-17 08:34 AM
    I turned off autosync on pretty much all the apps I didn't need to continuously sync in the background.. all day long; until I'm ready, like 2 email addys in hub, fb, messenger, flipboard, twitter, LinkedIn, and several others. Didn't affect my BBM, text, or whatsapp at all. Increased battery life by at least triple. And, if you're on the Priv, it may just solve your overheating problems. Cheers
    08-01-17 10:45 PM
    I turned off autosync on pretty much all the apps I didn't need to continuously sync in the background.. all day long; until I'm ready, like 2 email addys in hub, fb, messenger, flipboard, twitter, LinkedIn, and several others. Didn't affect my BBM, text, or whatsapp at all. Increased battery life by at least triple. And, if you're on the Priv, it may just solve your overheating problems. Cheers
    Ok, where's that setting? I've got mobile restricted on a lot of apps, but if you're on WiFi that won't stop them from running in the background....
    08-02-17 08:49 AM
    Settings > Accounts > 3 dot menu > uncheck Auto-sync data. Or, you can deal with each individually. Lmk how that goes for you
    08-02-17 10:19 AM
    Ah, THAT sync. I have nearly all of that already off (and have since Priv-time) with a couple of exceptions that I actually need. And yes, it does matter....

The bigger issue, EVERY time I run into this on Android, is one or more apps that likes to keep the phone from sleeping. One of the nastier things that's very hard to nail down is found in any of the browsers -- if you go to a web page that has HTML-5 dynamic updating (and many do these days) then even when backgrounded that data will flow on a dynamic basis which is utterly murderous when it comes to battery life. This only stops when the browser gets evicted due to low memory.

Ironically phones with less RAM are less-victimized by this since it's more likely the browser will be bounced by some other app. The DTEK60, having 4gb, often will leave the browser in RAM for hours if you're not actively doing other things and if you have a tab open with dynamic updating it can easily chew through a huge amount of power.

The other thing that helps a GREAT deal when you're not on WiFi is to set restricted data for cell networks. You can ALSO tell the phone that certain WiFi networks are "metered", which will make them subject to those same rules. That blackballs background data from those apps when they do not have focus, which is a HUGE help.
    08-02-17 12:13 PM
    I too have been having issues with my battery. First it would not charge unless I turned it off, then it would charge. I could turn it on and it would continue but as soon as I unplugged it, no more charging if I plugged it back in. A factory reset fixed this problem.
    My other problem was my battery is dying in 5 hours or less. I tried removing apps, but nothing helped. I then installed Accubattery and I got the answer to my problems. Under battery health it shows "Design capacity at 3,000 mAh, under estimated capacity it says 1376 mAh, battery health 47%. Looks like my battery has dead cells in it. I've already talked to Blackberry, I bought it last Oct 25th from Shop Blackberry. I'm just waiting on my RMA, waiting since Tuesday. I've called them every day since, I just need a new battery and I believe my issues will be solved.
    08-10-17 02:12 PM
    Battery blows, for a power user period. I could go on and on, but why? We ALL know the batteries suck for the first three DroidBerry's. Not a lot to talk about if you have one, and put away the biased BlackBerry crap.
    08-12-17 04:52 AM
    From experience shutting down apps running in the background helps 200%. Although it is not very easy to find which apps and browsers are using up your battery. lots of trial and error will help . I replaced Chrome with Firefox which helped a lot. Also try is Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 comparable devices for charging the phone. I have found that these help condition the battery, as its designed to be compatible with this standard. also these will charge the phone fully in an hour or so.
    08-12-17 06:03 AM
    I too have been having issues with my battery. First it would not charge unless I turned it off, then it would charge. I could turn it on and it would continue but as soon as I unplugged it, no more charging if I plugged it back in. A factory reset fixed this problem.
    My other problem was my battery is dying in 5 hours or less. I tried removing apps, but nothing helped. I then installed Accubattery and I got the answer to my problems. Under battery health it shows "Design capacity at 3,000 mAh, under estimated capacity it says 1376 mAh, battery health 47%. Looks like my battery has dead cells in it. I've already talked to Blackberry, I bought it last Oct 25th from Shop Blackberry. I'm just waiting on my RMA, waiting since Tuesday. I've called them every day since, I just need a new battery and I believe my issues will be solved.
    I've just tried AccuBattery. After 3 charging sessions, it reports a battery health of 40% of my DTEK60 only. That is worrying as I did feel the battery life has degraded recently.
    08-12-17 06:51 AM
    Dear Friend most of the apps keep accessing at the background a lot of info like location details, contacts, Data, etc, one of my app from my mobile service provider has accessed my contacts book by more than 175000 times in a span of 7 days which is unwanted access, when i was wondering about the battery life. i just blocked the app from accessing my contacts.

how to save battery?
    open your Dtek App from your phone
    click 3 dots on top right corner
    click settings
    open notifications
    apps and permissions
    enable all notifications for both apps and permissions tab( later you can disable this once your battery is exteneded for a full day usage)

your phone will now notify every apps activity
    in a half day you can see that some apps are accessing many
    things in the back ground and if you think it is unusal

now back to home screen of Dtek App
    Click Apps and Permissions
    find that app which is accessing background operations unwantedly
    block the access thats it.

restrict background data access as well for most unwanted apps, which Dtek will notify
    block notifications for all apps from settings\apps
    you will have options like storage, data usage, permissions, notifications, battery, memory etc. you need to configure them for your extended battery use.

your battery life will extend for full day and more.

i am happy with this. and extended my battery from 6 hours to 18 hours without charging.
    bigjman likes this.
    08-15-17 07:56 AM
    Thanks for the tips. Once I get my phone back I'll check out a few of them. For my phone it just wasn't really charging enough to be able to last more than 5 hours as it was only at 47% of capacity. We'll see when I get my phone returned from Blackberry repair services. They said a week to 10 days. I'm hoping they just pop a band new battery in it.
    08-17-17 04:14 PM
    I would suggest you to activate the option "notify all" in DTEK app.
    That way you'll be able to see how many times each app ask permission or use permission for something.
    Thanks rdsekar76
    That was a very interesting exercise.
    I did that and my phone was pinging like crazy every 5 of 6 seconds. Some of the apps were requesting permissions at least every minute. The big culprits for me were:
    Groupon, Voucher Codes, Voucher Clouds.
    They were requesting location permission every minute or so.
    No idea if this was the issue with my battery drain (overnight it drops from 100% to 80% with no use!) but I disabled all their specific permissions
    08-29-17 06:14 AM
    Thanks rdsekar76
    That was a very interesting exercise.
    I did that and my phone was pinging like crazy every 5 of 6 seconds. Some of the apps were requesting permissions at least every minute. The big culprits for me were:
    Groupon, Voucher Codes, Voucher Clouds.
    They were requesting location permission every minute or so.
    No idea if this was the issue with my battery drain (overnight it drops from 100% to 80% with no use!) but I disabled all their specific permissions
    Yep....

The list of apps that pull this crap is large and growing.
    08-29-17 08:42 AM
    While nobody answer my question of how to save battery on a blackberry passport i found out a way disable WLAN and close all Apps in the background that should help a bit

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 02:10 AM
    Battery life on my DTEK60 is now down to 2 to 3 hours max, and that is with "battery saver" turned on!

BlackBerry is no help at all....
    10-03-17 07:35 AM
61 123