My DTEK60 has been draining battery , literally like spilling a full bottle. Doesnt take much time to go from 100% to 70 or 60 ( about 25 to 30 mins of use ). I have been a BB fan since years never expected this from them. Also during the battery drain the temp. of battery rises drastically . Reaches to a temp. Of 48℃ to 50℃. Please help
    Last edited by varun116; 05-18-18 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    05-18-18 05:01 AM
    Change the battery and it should go back to normal, at least for some time
    05-18-18 08:19 AM
    My DTEK60 has been draining battery , literally like spilling a full bottle. Doesnt take much time to go from 100% to 70 or 60 ( about 25 to 30 mins of use ). I have been a BB fan since years never expected this from them. Also during the battery drain the temp. of battery rises drastically . Reaches to a temp. Of 48℃ to 50℃. Please help
    It's kinda hard to pinpoint the reason for battery drain.. It could be a million things, since both hardware and software problems can cause it.

As you mentioned the phone getting hot, it's worth mentioning that internet and data usage are huge battery consumers, and every phone of all brands heat up to a degree when using the internet. Also, apps that use your location are usually battery hogs. Check your battery monitor to see if any app in particular is draining the battery too much.

Android OS seems to be more susceptible to apps/system malfunctioning and draining battery than other OS'..

Plus, it could be hardware, there are a lot of people reporting issues with the DTEK60's battery deteriorating, a few motherboard problems.
    05-18-18 10:33 AM
    It's kinda hard to pinpoint the reason for battery drain.. It could be a million things, since both hardware and software problems can cause it.

As you mentioned the phone getting hot, it's worth mentioning that internet and data usage are huge battery consumers, and every phone of all brands heat up to a degree when using the internet. Also, apps that use your location are usually battery hogs. Check your battery monitor to see if any app in particular is draining the battery too much.

Android OS seems to be more susceptible to apps/system malfunctioning and draining battery than other OS'..

Plus, it could be hardware, there are a lot of people reporting issues with the DTEK60's battery deteriorating, a few motherboard problems.
    But the phone gets hot in a very few mins , and the batter drains at the same pace . So you think I might have to change the device itself. I have still have it under warranty. Do you think they might accept this as an issue ? Also sometimes the each and every app that I open crashes and I have to wait for a while for it to settle down. I don't have any apps that might drain out battery, I keep them in a regular check. I don't think factory reset is a good option, but after going through a thread , I guess it might as well work for me too. Anyways thanks a ton for help
    05-18-18 10:52 AM
    But the phone gets hot in a very few mins , and the batter drains at the same pace . So you think I might have to change the device itself. I have still have it under warranty. Do you think they might accept this as an issue ? Also sometimes the each and every app that I open crashes and I have to wait for a while for it to settle down. I don't have any apps that might drain out battery, I keep them in a regular check. I don't think factory reset is a good option, but after going through a thread , I guess it might as well work for me too. Anyways thanks a ton for help
    It's normal for the phone to get hot very fast depending on the usage. For example, waze always get the phone to heat up after a few minutes of use, and also drains the battery quite fast. That's normal and there's nothing you can do to prevent it (aside from connecting the car charger and placing the car holder in front of the air conditioner).

You'll probably have to change the device if it's a hardware problem. Software problems are often solvable.

Any app can start to misbehave, in theory. Usually after updates. That's why I told you to check the battery monitor.

Factory reset might help, but it's a hassle, you should try every other option first.

Is your battery draining while the phone isn't being used? Because if it's happening while you're using apps and stuff, it's obvious that battery is gonna go down, specially if it's gaming
    05-18-18 01:15 PM
    I am having a similar problem. AFAICS, in my case the issue is in broken USB. If you want to check against this version, measure power consumption of your charger when your DTEK60 is plugged in while on 100%, and the device itself is not in use. It should be below 0.5 watt with very rare and short spikes up to 2-3 watts. If you see normal consumption above 2.5 watts for a fully charged device when not in use and spikes up to 4-5 watts, it means that USB has issues which cause it to consume maximum possible current (500 mA) which results in 2.5+ watts power usage.

Also, "OTG Troubleshooter" or a similar software should be showing you a non-zero number of USB hubs(most likely "2"). If there is "0" reported - get your device repaired ASAP.
    05-20-18 05:19 PM
    same problem here. phone get hot and battery drain fast.
    I changed the battery, very little improvement noticed.
    the phone itself has something not working properly.
    for sure there are apps that drain battery faster, for sure internet is a function that use a lot of battery, likewise the automatic functions working on the background, like weather update, emails, and geo location push, are all draining battery. however, Dteck60 is just draining battery more than it should. the heating issue is certainly one of the sign.
    BlackBerry will not replace any unit because of this problem.
    this is what it is and we need to deal with it until buy a new phone, possibly not BlackBerry
    05-21-18 08:23 PM