My battery life goes from 100 to 87in just minutes.
    01-15-18 06:54 AM
    Hard to say without knowing what's running....

Check to see what's running in the background, what's using the most power under settings.

Could be a program or account... could just be a hardware failure.
    01-15-18 07:23 AM
    If you are not on the LATEST update, at least November and better December 2017 - give it a try. There are said to be a few big fixes related to power management.

IMNSHO, the generic answer to your question is somewhere between "by design" and "BBMo uses users of DTEK60 as test subjects".

Z30 >> DTEK60
    01-19-18 04:52 PM
    If you are not on the LATEST update, at least November and better December 2017 - give it a try. There are said to be a few big fixes related to power management.

IMNSHO, the generic answer to your question is somewhere between "by design" and "BBMo uses users of DTEK60 as test subjects".

Z30 >> DTEK60
    Unfortunately, you are right. The DTEK60 is defective. The device begins to fail around the ten-month mark. The battery is inadequate and the electronics are faulty.

I have already sent mine back to the "authorized Alcatel Repair Centre" in my country (SBE Canada) twice. There was no improvement in performance, even after the battery had been replaced.

Local independent repair shops have refused to repair the DTEK60, indicating that it is not the battery that is the problem, but rather the motherboard.

I have initiated legal action. Presently in negotiation with the dealer for a refund or replacement.
    01-19-18 07:28 PM
    Unfortunately, you are right. The DTEK60 is defective. The device begins to fail around the ten-month mark. The battery is inadequate and the electronics are faulty.

I have already sent mine back to the "authorized Alcatel Repair Centre" in my country (SBE Canada) twice. There was no improvement in performance, even after the battery had been replaced.

Local independent repair shops have refused to repair the DTEK60, indicating that it is not the battery that is the problem, but rather the motherboard.

I have initiated legal action. Presently in negotiation with the dealer for a refund or replacement.
    I had a similar experience. Eventually they admitted there was a defect in the 'sub board' and fixed it. I also requested them to replace the battery. Since then, my DTEK60 feels normal again.
    01-23-18 04:54 AM