01-02-17 04:14 PM
26 12
tools
    Simple question, simple answer. I've tried several times to get mine working with no luck, unfortunately. What I mean by tried is, I've called CS several times with no luck.

Also, on MY TMOBILE, I cannot list the DTEK60 as my device because there is no DTEK60 on the BlackBerry listing. What is you DTEK60 listed as on TMOBILE?
    12-27-16 02:44 PM
    Mine works.. T-Mobile in Scottsdale, AZ, device listed as a Priv. Did nothing special but enable it.

Who has WFC working on DTEK60 on TMO US?-screenshot_20161227-141155.jpg
    12-27-16 03:14 PM
    Simple question, simple answer. I've tried several times to get mine working with no luck, unfortunately. What I mean by tried is, I've called CS several times with no luck.

Also, on MY TMOBILE, I cannot list the DTEK60 as my device because there is no DTEK60 on the BlackBerry listing. What is you DTEK60 listed as on TMOBILE?
    Mine if working just fine, did not do anything special.
    Attached Thumbnails Who has WFC working on DTEK60 on TMO US?-2007.jpg  
    12-27-16 03:46 PM
    I'm not sure what the heck is going on with my DTEK60...I just listed my device as the Priv again.
    12-27-16 04:04 PM
    I'm not sure what the heck is going on with my DTEK60...I just listed my device as the Priv again.
    Mine works with WFC without issues. I am in Orange County, So. Cal. Also, T-Mobile's site will never remember your device selection. It's basically taunting you with a feature that never works. My Nexus 6 wasn't in the IMEI range of the N6's that TMo sold, so my N6 is also unknown, and so our DTEK60's will forever show as unknown. Same was true with my Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 5X. So don't worry about it and this has nothing to do why your phone has issues with WFC.

Have you tried a different SIM? Have you tried to reset the phone? What patch date are you running?

Oh, and did you enable it? Settings --> More --> Wi-Fi Calling Menu --> Wi-Fi calling toggle : enable. Verify you have "Wi-Fi Preferred" selected.
    TommyBB likes this.
    12-27-16 04:32 PM
    Mine works on WFC although I don't use it since I have great reception at work and home.

Do you have an E911 address set up on your TMobile account? Only thing I can guess unless there is a SIM issue or similar.
    12-27-16 04:33 PM
    Yes, I certainly have it turned on. It was the one feature that made me decide to switch carriers from VZW to T-Mobile. VZW didn't have the Priv at the time. I was stuck on my VZW Z30 and was itching for a change, being sick of the app problem with it. Although I'm not a keyboard guy, I wanted to stay with BlackBerry. I figured with the supposed "horrible" T-Mobile service I could overcome it with Wi-Fi Calling. Loved WFC on the Priv but felt the Priv was a waste because I NEVER used the keyboard. DTEK50 came along and I bought it. Discovered it didn't have WFC and I sold it. DTEK60 came and I waited patiently to see if users could get the WFC feature working on TMO. I saw that they did and I pulled the trigger. No joy for me yet for some reason.

I'll heed Dirk's advice and change out the sim tomorrow at a local TMO store.. Maybe that'll do the trick.

Just an FYI: Although I feared the worst when I couldn't get WFC going on my DTEK60, TMO service has been incredibly good without it!
    12-27-16 08:45 PM
    Mine works fine.

Note that for it to come up it must be able to establish an IPSEC connection (that's what they're using), which negotiates and passes traffic on UDP ports 500 and 4500. If you have a firewall on your network it MUST recognize UDP traffic and "hold open" the port pairing for it to work. Some firewall software has to be told to do this and some others have to be told specifically to allow packets tagged as IPSEC (which is a VPN protocol) through. It's quite secure -- in fact, it might be more secure (by quite a lot!) than making the same call over the air as they're using AES128/modp2048 with xcbc -- an excellent choice.

I had to refactor my firewall here as I also have an IPSEC/IKEv2 gateway on my network (on the gateway machine) and the firewall configuration I had interfered with what T-Mobile required.

Call quality over it is crazy good as well....
    12-27-16 09:06 PM
    Also, one thing that I don't know to impact WiFi calling but that has caused all kinds of headaches for MMS via WiFI for Android users on all carriers is if you are using a network that doesn't support IPv6. I know that the default T-Mobile APNs are for IPv6 only when it comes to MMS, so MMS over WiFi will be slow, spotty, or not work at all when connected to an IPv4 only WiFi network.

In my case I noticed it while traveling in a poor coverage area, so I was using WFC, MMS over WiFi etc. I simply recreated the APNs with IPv4/IPv6 as MMS protocol and all was well. Still working fine when this situation arises.

Again, throughout all of this WFC still worked fine, so probably not your issue -- but figured I would mention it.

Worst case, maybe a new SIM will do the trick. When I first got my DTEK60 going on T-Mobile I had an issue with data and phone calls ceasing to work before I ever left the store parking lot. Not sure if something was provisioned incorrectly, but they removed all services and re-added them to the account and it has been fine ever since. Maybe something like this in your case as well...
    12-27-16 10:27 PM
    That should not be a factor because the IPSEC tunnel brings everything across to the other side encapsulated. My internet link is IPv4 only (Cox doesn't have IPv6 available here for business customers at this point) and I've had no trouble with MMS while on WiFi calling.
    12-27-16 11:31 PM
    For me the issue was intermittent and only happens occasionally when on IPv4. Could have all been coincidence. Either way it's been working fine since but I haven't been connected via IPv4 in over a month.
    12-28-16 08:27 AM
    I have an android device from work on T-Mobile, when making a call, at first it was connecting on WFC and all was well but during the conversation the call became choppy then quit. Or where trying to place a call the phone would showed no signal some other time. When I was on the road with wifi on, I could not connect properly because the phone was trying to connect on wifi first; it never worked.

So I hate wifi calling
    12-28-16 10:22 AM
    I have an android device from work on T-Mobile, when making a call, at first it was connecting on WFC and all was well but during the conversation the call became choppy then quit. Or where trying to place a call the phone would showed no signal some other time. When I was on the road with wifi on, I could not connect properly because the phone was trying to connect on wifi first; it never worked.

So I hate wifi calling
    I've had none of those issues; it switches seamlessly and perfectly well for me, and yet works on cell whenever WiFi is not available or the network in question is blocking IPSEC communication.
    12-28-16 01:27 PM
    I've had none of those issues; it switches seamlessly and perfectly well for me, and yet works on cell whenever WiFi is not available or the network in question is blocking IPSEC communication.
    I am not a tech whatsoever but I can follow instructions pretty good. Now, it is the time that I don't have to muck around.
    The phone I was given is a LG neon; probably a very low end phone.

I was in my house when all that happened. Until I figured out what was the problem, I turned off wifi calling to be able to connect on the carrier network in Canada.

The only time I had a clear wfc is when I put the sim in my passport. The system congratulated me on the first wfc...LOL
    on the second try, the passport showed no wfc reception.

So it is unstable for me
    12-28-16 01:38 PM
    There are a fair number of firewall/NAT gateways that have extremely short UDP expiration times; they basically look at UDP as something that most people only use for DNS, where the response comes back in milliseconds. IPSEC and other similar things break that expectation and if they're trying to be reasonable about power and network consumption they may break it pretty badly.

If the mapping is dropped then when the next packet goes/comes it goes/comes to the wrong place and the connection fails. It *should* re-establish but there is probably a rate limit on the carrier end involved here (key exchange and negotiation is fairly expensive computationally, and thus can form a means for people to denial-of-service you if you don't have a rate limit implemented.)

Best guess is that the places you've been have had "issues" with holding the UDP mappings for a reasonable amount of time. If you don't control the gateway or it's a packaged product thing (e.g. in the wireless router you bought) then you're more-or-less at the mercy of whoever runs or implemented that for you....
    12-28-16 02:37 PM
    Please add me to the list of successful stories of Crackberry! Went to TMO store, bought a new sim for $21.78 and success! WFC is a go! Thanks all for participating and thanks Dirk for the sim swap suggestion.
    Attached Thumbnails Who has WFC working on DTEK60 on TMO US?-13500.jpg  
    Bla1ze likes this.
    12-28-16 07:35 PM
    Another festivus' miracle! Congratulations!

Please add me to the list of successful stories of Crackberry! Went to TMO store, bought a new sim for $21.78 and success! WFC is a go! Thanks all for participating and thanks Dirk for the sim swap suggestion.
    12-28-16 07:58 PM
    Fantastic! Good to hear it was apparently just a SIM or provisioning. Enjoy WFC!
    12-28-16 09:52 PM
    Thanks for coming back and reporting what worked for you to get it corrected.
    01-01-17 05:47 PM
    How have you found the stability of WFC so far? Like I've mentioned I don't use it because I don't really need to, blanketed with coverage in my home, but when testing it in the past I have had the occasional call switch over to the 3G or VoLTE networks while on the call.
    01-01-17 06:12 PM
    Thanks for coming back and reporting what worked for you to get it corrected.
    Yep, a simple sim swap did it. Should have done it a while ago.
    01-01-17 06:33 PM
    How have you found the stability of WFC so far? Like I've mentioned I don't use it because I don't really need to, blanketed with coverage in my home, but when testing it in the past I have had the occasional call switch over to the 3G or VoLTE networks while on the call.
    I typically keep it on the "cell network preferred" setting. I kind of wanted it for those situations where cell signal would be low or nonexistent. I'm a very happy dude right now!
    01-01-17 06:35 PM
    Cool. It is nice to have it in those situations where you need it!
    01-01-17 06:45 PM
    TMO WFC on DTEK60 works finebfor me in Houston TX
    01-02-17 03:31 PM
    It sometimes will -- remember that WiFi coverage can be excellent, but the data traffic has to get from you to T-Mobile, and while you can QoS the traffic (I do) the other providers in the chain typically will not, so if there is congestion on the net in the middle somewhere the call can be interfered with or drop.
    01-02-17 03:35 PM
26 12