Help! My priv battery is dying and I decided a month ago that the Dtek60 was my choice. I ordered on Amazon after Staples was out of stock and after 3 weeks Amazon emailed to say they can't get it! It is now also removed from Staples.ca website. Blackberry's website only lists those two options and neither have it. Help! Any other sources people know of? Why is it so hard to get what appears to be the flagship non keyboard phone for BB. I really don't want to go Samsung here....
    07-17-17 10:46 AM
    Why is it so hard to get what appears to be the flagship non keyboard phone for BB.
    They made very few of them, sold them exclusively online from one or two retailers, and put out zero advertising for it. The DTEKs exist in the abyss between BlackBerry's old device strategy (up to Priv) and their new device strategy (KEYone onward), explaining the issues of availability, software troubles, so on and so forth. You don't have to get a Samsung, but you don't have to get a BlackBerry either, so to speak.
    07-17-17 11:00 AM
    I tried contacting them via twitter and educating them on the fact that it isn't actually available at Amazon or Staples anymore they gave me the number for sales support. I spoke to that rep and went through the same process. She then gave me a number for the distributor who's name escapes me. I called that number and it is answered as a blackberry number but it goes into a hold pattern for 10 minutes with an annoying "please wait the next attendant will help you" message every 20 seconds. I gave up after 10 mins and found an auction on Ebay. Will see if I win a used one that way maybe. I'm pretty set on that phone.
    07-17-17 02:47 PM
    Help! My priv battery is dying and I decided a month ago that the Dtek60 was my choice. I ordered on Amazon after Staples was out of stock and after 3 weeks Amazon emailed to say they can't get it! It is now also removed from Staples.ca website. Blackberry's website only lists those two options and neither have it. Help! Any other sources people know of? Why is it so hard to get what appears to be the flagship non keyboard phone for BB. I really don't want to go Samsung here....
    This site still showing they have new ones available in stock. https://www.kickmobiles.com/blackber...0-earth-silver
    07-17-17 02:57 PM
    in Spain FNAC have them in store and online I believe. but very overoriced at nearly 600 euros
    07-17-17 04:10 PM
    After Staples couldn't deliver bought it from B&H in NY. Prepaid customs clearance and received within three days. this was three weeks ago.
    07-17-17 04:58 PM
    Sure like both Priv and Dtek60, but not sure if I would have bought Dtek60 if knew that they don't do anymore updates on it to Nougat.
    Myself tempted to get Google Pixel 2 .
    I said tempted and probably won't.
    Just a BlackBerry addiction I guess. Wear my BlackBerry baseball cap daily.
    I did a search the other day and couldn't find one either and was surprised. Maybe they should have called it Dtek60 Ltd Edition and signed by Mr Chen..lol
    07-17-17 07:42 PM
    Just checked and is now listed as "discontinued". So I guess that's it.
    07-18-17 03:46 PM
    I think I got one of the last ones from B&H. Shortly after that they were sold out. It's really too bad. I really like this phone, and finally I found something to update my Z30.

Razr>BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    fgaucher16 likes this.
    07-18-17 03:57 PM
    I'm late to the party and can't find a new DTEK60 anywhere. The version available at Kickmobiles is listed as a BBA100-2. How is this phone different from the North American version? Thanks!

Reg
    07-19-17 03:05 PM
    One available new from Amazon... Was told when ordering it was a bba100-1 and new in box.

Good Luck for those interested...

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-DT...UvbUpU12965642
    07-19-17 06:57 PM
    They made very few of them, sold them exclusively online from one or two retailers, and put out zero advertising for it. The DTEKs exist in the abyss between BlackBerry's old device strategy (up to Priv) and their new device strategy (KEYone onward), explaining the issues of availability, software troubles, so on and so forth. You don't have to get a Samsung, but you don't have to get a BlackBerry either, so to speak.
    This

I think owning a Dtek60 is risky from a repair standpoint. I was about to buy one but decided on a used s7 edge instead after my Priv died.
    07-27-17 06:14 AM
    I think I got one of the last ones from B&H. Shortly after that they were sold out. It's really too bad. I really like this phone, and finally I found something to update my Z30.

Razr>BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    No idea why it was so poorly marketed or abandoned so fast. Real shame.
    07-27-17 06:17 AM
    No idea why it was so poorly marketed or abandoned so fast. Real shame.
    BB left the hardware business. It was available over 6 months and took forever to move what little inventory they had. Seemed like sales only picked up after they officially announced they were leaving hardware business.

Poorly marketed because the company didn't have the resources to compete in the hardware business. Even Nokia sold out to Microsoft a few years ago. Nokia also licensed their brand to another joint venture recently after Microsoft dumped the brand.
    07-27-17 06:59 AM
    Try Walmart Canada 's website walmart.ca
    07-27-17 08:18 AM
    07-27-17 08:11 PM
    Be careful with Walmart Canada. Their website is having some mix ups. The unlocked KeyOne they had listed for $650 was actually the Dtek 60 as everyone on CB who ordered it got a Dtek 60 instead of a KeyOne. The Dtek 60 listed on the website for $549 appears to be some Kodak camera or something in reality. Walmart does have the actual Dtek 60 but it is actually $650. Sadly not as great a deal as it would have been at $549.
    07-28-17 10:42 AM
    Be careful with Walmart Canada. Their website is having some mix ups. The unlocked KeyOne they had listed for $650 was actually the Dtek 60 as everyone on CB who ordered it got a Dtek 60 instead of a KeyOne. The Dtek 60 listed on the website for $549 appears to be some Kodak camera or something in reality. Walmart does have the actual Dtek 60 but it is actually $650. Sadly not as great a deal as it would have been at $549.
    There was a return of a brand new sealed unit at my local Walmart. And I ended up getting it for the $549 that was on the website. System said a different price but they honoured the price listed on the website.
    Couver81 likes this.
    07-28-17 10:49 AM
    Hello,

Here's the latest ... sold out at Walmart, but available online again at Staples.ca for $620. I'm in!

Reg
    07-29-17 01:53 PM
    BB left the hardware business. It was available over 6 months and took forever to move what little inventory they had. Seemed like sales only picked up after they officially announced they were leaving hardware business.

Poorly marketed because the company didn't have the resources to compete in the hardware business. Even Nokia sold out to Microsoft a few years ago. Nokia also licensed their brand to another joint venture recently after Microsoft dumped the brand.
    TCL released the Dtek60 not BlackBerry.
    08-01-17 08:22 PM
    TCL released the Dtek60 not BlackBerry.
    No, TCL manufactured DTEK hardware for BB using Alcatel design. It was a contract manufacture just like Wistron made the PRIV for BB. In the case of the DTEK hardware, BB saved money by letting TCL use Alcatel design and putting BB name on device. BB was responsible for inventory risk, carrier placement, unlocked direct sales and marketing(however little).
    08-01-17 10:16 PM
    I cancelled my order with Walmart yesterday morning after noticing the order changed to a Kodak(they already sent me that once). Ordered from Staples and it showed up this morning.
    08-02-17 03:30 PM
    I also cancelled the Walmart order in favour of Staples . Walmart appears super inept at the online thing. Even cancelling the unfilled order was tedious. This was one big flub.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 08:30 PM
    No, TCL manufactured DTEK hardware for BB using Alcatel design. It was a contract manufacture just like Wistron made the PRIV for BB. In the case of the DTEK hardware, BB saved money by letting TCL use Alcatel design and putting BB name on device. BB was responsible for inventory risk, carrier placement, unlocked direct sales and marketing(however little).
    Ah.. ok.

If BB marketed the thing then ya.. no shock it didn't sell. Lol.
    08-02-17 09:45 PM
    I also cancelled the Walmart order in favour of Staples . Walmart appears super inept at the online thing. Even cancelling the unfilled order was tedious. This was one big flub.

Posted via CB10
    That it is, even after spending 30 minutes on the phone cancelling my order, it is still showing as "packaging my order" 4 days after and no refund yet. I am dreading the thought I will likely have to call them again to sort it out.
    08-05-17 08:36 AM
26 12