The patch was not released for the 50 I have an unlocked 50 and I did not get it along with many in the 50 forum.
    Oh snap. I didn't realize that. I saw some say that they had received it so I just assumed all of the unlocked 50's got it.
    05-03-17 03:38 PM
    The fact that Crackberry has not addressed this leads me to believe they are letting their little sponsorship and advertising dollars influence their editorial selection.
    BlackBerry Mobile, nor BlackBerry Mobile's sponsorship of Crackberry, has anything to do with the software delay from BlackBerry proper.

As I explained in another thread, only the DTEK50 got the full April Patch.

The partial (April 1st) patch does not include the drivers - only AOSP patches. It would seem that as the month went along, BlackBerry had an issue with a driver, so shelved the April 5th patch level for the Priv / DTEK60, and only had enough time to punch out the partial patch for the Priv.

Hopefully the issue they were having gets solved this month.
    05-03-17 03:38 PM
    Oh snap. I didn't realize that. I saw some say that they had received it so I just assumed all of the unlocked 50's got it.
    Some did receive it but it was pulled, Support told me they had some problems and pulled it. I saw one 50 owner on the forum reported some problems on his phone after he installed it.
    05-03-17 03:44 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile, nor BlackBerry Mobile's sponsorship of Crackberry, has anything to do with the software delay from BlackBerry proper.

As I explained in another thread, only the DTEK50 got the full April Patch.

The partial (April 1st) patch does not include the drivers - only AOSP patches. It would seem that as the month went along, BlackBerry had an issue with a driver, so shelved the April 5th patch level for the Priv / DTEK60, and only had enough time to punch out the partial patch for the Priv.

Hopefully the issue they were having gets solved this month.
    I wasn't implying that the sponsorship had anything to do with the delay. I am implying that the sponsorship is preventing them from commenting on the delay.

Wouldn't you think that CrackBerry would write an article explaining exactly what you wrote in your post if that is indeed the problem? I sure as heck would think they would. They are in the business of informing BlackBerry users about the products. I guess only positive articles are newsworthy now.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-03-17 03:56 PM
    I wasn't implying that the sponsorship had anything to do with the delay. I am implying that the sponsorship is preventing them from commenting on the delay.

Wouldn't you think that CrackBerry would write an article explaining exactly what you wrote in your post if that is indeed the problem? I sure as heck would think they would. They are in the business of informing BlackBerry users about the products. I guess only positive articles are newsworthy now.
    Blackberry has not publicly made any statement on the matter. What is Crackberry supposed to report?

I am speculating on what happened after carefully analysing the facts, but no one knows for sure.

DTEK60 / Z30
    05-03-17 03:59 PM
    Blackberry has not publicly made any statement on the matter. What is Crackberry supposed to report?

I am speculating on what happened after carefully analysing the facts, but no one knows for sure.

DTEK60 / Z30
    Well, their post reporting on the release of the security patch could be updated reflecting the fact that they pulled the patch. Seems like that is a known fact regardless of what BlackBerry has said publicly. If they agree with your speculation, which I am in no way qualified to confirm or deny, they could make a similar statement. It appears that they are going to just be a mouthpiece for BlackBerry. That seems to be a change from the way things were previously.
    tcartr and xandros9 like this.
    05-03-17 04:08 PM
    The fact that Crackberry has not addressed this leads me to believe they are letting their little sponsorship and advertising dollars influence their editorial selection.

Honestly this is ridiculous. This should be a big story. Blackberry is not standing behind one of its biggest promises to customers- Regular and timely security updates. How is this not being covered by the site?

No comments from anyone at Crackberry. What a joke.
    Crackberry is on TCL payroll of course. Do you think CBK is paying for all the expense for keyone meet up? Do you ever see Crackberry employees say negative things about BlackBerry phones? Yes maybe bb10 devices lol.
    tcartr likes this.
    05-03-17 04:14 PM
    It showed up on some devices (i.e. the Priv) so I assume it was ready to go and something happened to derail the release on the DTEK60.
    Not all Privs though, rogers is still sitting on Feb
    05-03-17 04:24 PM

DTEK60 / Z30
    With all due respect, did you even think about this reply? Why does blackberry need to comment for crackberry to write a column over "blackberry misses promise of monthly security patches and provides users 0 information on why the update was missed."

Yeah, it will probably draw flak from Blackberry but what is crackberry here for? blackberry users or just as a advertising front?
    tcartr and xandros9 like this.
    05-03-17 05:20 PM
    Still at February 5, 2017 security patch level on my Rogers BB Priv.
    05-03-17 05:34 PM
    With all due respect, did you even think about this reply?
    "Single BlackBerry device misses first monthly patch since launch date due to some unknown technical reason. No details to follow, as that is all we know. Cheers."
    chi-town311 likes this.
    05-03-17 05:51 PM
    "Single BlackBerry device misses first monthly patch since launch date due to some unknown technical reason. No details to follow, as that is all we know. Cheers."
    Feel free to cut me a cheque but there is a lot more to it than that. Could explain why it's an issue missing a security patch, link to blackberry saying their promise to security. But you know, don't want to tarnish the brand for the delusional blackberry faithful I suppose.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-03-17 05:57 PM
    Feel free to cut me a cheque but there is a lot more to it than that. Could explain why it's an issue missing a security patch, link to blackberry saying their promise to security. But you know, don't want to tarnish the brand for the delusional blackberry faithful I suppose.
    BlackBerry is 35 for 36. If you want to get out the pitchforks and torches, be my guest.
    05-03-17 06:00 PM
    BlackBerry is 35 for 36. If you want to get out the pitchforks and torches, be my guest.
    If your going to go around saying your have the most secure android device you best deliver it.

I wouldn't be up in arms if they simply made an official comment on it but they want to hide it and will probably play it off as a non issue when they ship the next patch.

There is so many people out there with DTEK60s thinking they have the most secure device when that's far from the fact and nobody seems to care.

And if you look at the DTEK60 specially it is only 6/7.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-03-17 06:07 PM
    So a driver issue for Qualcomm or someone is holding up the security patch...
    Bee Gee likes this.
    05-03-17 06:15 PM
    It's hard to stay as a BlackBerry fanboy. I tried to believe in BlackBerry and I am frustrated and disappointed. I will probably ending up buying keyone and disappointed again
    05-03-17 06:59 PM
    So a driver issue for Qualcomm or someone is holding up the security patch...
    I'm speculating that Blackberry is having difficulty patching at least one of the drivers.
    05-03-17 07:04 PM
    I'm speculating that Blackberry is having difficulty patching at least one of the drivers.
    Maybe Qualcomm stopped helping them with driver support after BlackBerry won that 800 million dollar lawsuit 😝
    05-03-17 09:08 PM
    There will be no official reporting on any speculation. What you're really asking for is an editor's note, which you need to ask @Bla1ze about if you really want an answer.
    05-04-17 12:36 AM
    There will be no official reporting on any speculation. What you're really asking for is an editor's note, which you need to ask @Bla1ze about if you really want an answer.
    Except there is no speculation. The April patch was made available in April for manufacturers. BlackBerry didn't ship said patch. It's now May and the May patch has been released to manufacturers. They missed April. There was no information provided on the April patch from official sources. There is no speculation being done.

I just have a hard time believing it's such a non issue like so many people are portraying it.
    asiayeah and xandros9 like this.
    05-04-17 12:45 AM
    Except there is no speculation. The April patch was made available in April for manufacturers. BlackBerry didn't ship said patch. It's now May and the May patch has been released to manufacturers. They missed April. There was no information provided on the April patch from official sources. There is no speculation being done.

I just have a hard time believing it's such a non issue like so many people are portraying it.
    Speculation is this thread's entire topic, which began the moment someone asked "why?" and start filling in the blanks​ without an official statement. That's the textbook definition of "speculation, because you're speculating on possible reasons something did or didn't happen.
    05-04-17 01:02 AM
    Speculation is this thread's entire topic, which began the moment someone asked "why?" and start filling in the blanks​ without an official statement. That's the textbook definition of "speculation, because you're speculating on possible reasons something did or didn't happen.
    Fair enough, I didn't realize you were quoting the thread and not my very specific opinion on the topic.

1.) BlackBerry sells device as most secure android.
    2.) Doesn't release April patch.
    3.) BlackBerry provides 0 information on why said security patch wasn't released.
    4.) 0 media coverage over the fact "Most secure android device" isn't the most secure.
    5.) Literally the 2nd biggest feature they are boasting on their product page is 0 missed security patches. Why is this not a big deal?
    05-04-17 01:10 AM
    I recall it has happened with dtek50 2 months security update behind so this is not the first time BlackBerry late
    Thud Hardsmack and Carjackd like this.
    05-04-17 01:24 AM
    Android Security Bulletin—May 2017

Contents Announcements Android and Google Service Mitigations Acknowledgements

2017-05-01 security patch level - Vulnerability details

Published May 01, 2017 | Updated May 02, 2017

The Android Security Bulletin contains details of security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices.
    https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2017-05-01
    05-04-17 06:38 AM
    The patch was not released for the 50 I have an unlocked 50 and I did not get it along with many in the 50 forum.
    I have both a 50 and a 60. Got the April update on the 50 but not on the 60. Both phones unlocked from Shopblackberry and on Rogers.
    asiayeah likes this.
    05-04-17 10:44 AM
98 1234