05-08-17 01:39 PM
98 1234
tools
    I said it three weeks ago, they are getting Nougat ready to release for all existing devices along with K1 updates.

Patience is required...........then party begins.
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    05-01-17 08:23 PM
    I said it three weeks ago, they are getting Nougat ready to release for all existing devices along with K1 updates.

Source?
    05-01-17 09:57 PM
    Source?
    Sweet chilli. 😁
    05-01-17 10:08 PM
    Kremlin
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-01-17 10:42 PM
    Kremlin
    😂
    05-01-17 10:45 PM

Yeh, just like we're going to get OS 10.3.4 for BB10 devices this Spring (or maybe it was last Spring). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Mr_Ground likes this.
    05-01-17 10:55 PM
    Part of security is rapid response to vulnerabilities; on that front, the Pixel trumps the DTEK60. It's also the same deal for updates brought with major OS versions, since there's no Nougat for the DTEK60.
    Well that's discouraging...
    05-02-17 02:15 AM
    This nougat rumor again.... geez. Nobody has said that. The fact is they dropped the ball on the April release. Anyone making excuses doesn't understand the situation. They claim security is their priority and they specifically make it a selling point. Nobody should be making excuses for it. Even if nougat is coming soon, which I personally doubt, that doesn't mean that they couldn't release the April update.
    05-02-17 09:02 AM
    There is information why the update was suspended?
    05-02-17 09:44 AM
    No, just speculation. Best guess is that they ran into some sort of integration problem and at some point in the month decided to punt and work either on Nougat or the May update instead (since you get to start over in either event.)
    wippeerfurt likes this.
    05-02-17 09:49 AM
    I wish BlackBerry would at least explain what happened.
    wippeerfurt and Uzi like this.
    05-02-17 10:39 AM
    It's now been a month. As far as I know it is now only DTEK60 owners that have been left in the cold. Anyone have an update on the update? Lol.
    I thought I was the only one wondering whether Dtek60 owners had missed out on the April update...
    05-02-17 11:42 AM
    I thought I was the only one wondering whether Dtek60 owners had missed out on the April update...
    Hopefully it means they're working on a nougat release, but nonetheless it is frustrating and it shows how inconsistent BlackBerry is. Since their focus is now entirely on software, there shouldn't be any hiccups. If they can't keep up with monthly security patches then I don't think they should claim to be the most secure device! After all that is a pretty bold statement. Without proper security patches, I don't find much incentive to buy a BlackBerry Android device. At least one with a virtual keyboard.
    crackberry_geek and asiayeah like this.
    05-02-17 12:26 PM
    Can people please stop implying that this has something to do with Nougat. No one with any real information has said that. You are just going to get people's hopes up with comments like that. The only thing we know for sure is that the DTEK60 has not gotten it's April update. Beyond that is 100% speculation.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-02-17 12:29 PM
    Hopefully it means they're working on a nougat release, but nonetheless it is frustrating and it shows how inconsistent BlackBerry is. Since their focus is now entirely on software, there shouldn't be any hiccups. If they can't keep up with monthly security patches then I don't think they should claim to be the most secure device! After all that is a pretty bold statement. Without proper security patches, I don't find much incentive to buy a BlackBerry Android device. At least one with a virtual keyboard.
    Totally agree! If the selling point is the "World's most secure Android Phone" with monthly security updates and now completely missing the entire month of April with nothing directly from a software company "BlackBerry" or the hardware company "BlackBerry Mobile"... that alone is a big first strike against their apparent new look as a secure Android device regardless of the new K1.

Make sure that your current Android devices are secured monthly as marketed by your software company " BlackBerry"
    chi-town311 likes this.
    05-02-17 01:37 PM
    We are currently two months behind?
    05-02-17 02:04 PM
    Considering N is apparently more secure, fewer vulnerabilities etc it is to me of more importance that 7 is made ready, and 7.1 at that.
    05-02-17 03:09 PM
    The lack of communication and consistency across their devices this month almost leads me to believe that the DTEK60 was forgotten about. I don't have any other reasonable explanation.
    I think CrackBerry should write an editorial on this one, DTEK60 missing the first security monthly update.
    05-03-17 09:30 AM
    I think CrackBerry should write an editorial on this one, DTEK60 missing the first security monthly update.
    I sense sarcasm. It's not wanted.
    05-03-17 09:52 AM
    I sense sarcasm. It's not wanted.
    Why not? I think it's something BlackBerry users want to know given the popularity of this topic on the forum.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    05-03-17 10:00 AM
    I thought me not getting it was something to do with the shutdown of the beta program - interesting to hear it's all (?) DTEK60s!
    05-03-17 10:25 AM
    The fact that Crackberry has not addressed this leads me to believe they are letting their little sponsorship and advertising dollars influence their editorial selection.

Honestly this is ridiculous. This should be a big story. Blackberry is not standing behind one of its biggest promises to customers- Regular and timely security updates. How is this not being covered by the site?

No comments from anyone at Crackberry. What a joke.
    05-03-17 12:38 PM
    The fact that Crackberry has not addressed this leads me to believe they are letting their little sponsorship and advertising dollars influence their editorial selection.

Honestly this is ridiculous. This should be a big story. Blackberry is not standing behind one of its biggest promises to customers- Regular and timely security updates. How is this not being covered by the site?

No comments from anyone at Crackberry. What a joke.
    It would be a shame if they stopped fulfilling their promises for previous devices after a new release.
    05-03-17 02:26 PM
    It would be a shame, but I don't think that is the case. They did release the patches for the DTEK50 and the PRIV, which are both older than the DTEK60.

It is just strange. That coupled with the fact that no one from CrackBerry, BlackBerry, nor BlackBerry Mobile seems compelled to address the topic makes this whole thing a bit disappointing.
    05-03-17 03:25 PM
    It would be a shame, but I don't think that is the case. They did release the patches for the DTEK50 and the PRIV, which are both older than the DTEK60.

It is just strange. That coupled with the fact that no one from CrackBerry, BlackBerry, nor BlackBerry Mobile seems compelled to address the topic makes this whole thing a bit disappointing.
    The patch was not released for the 50 I have an unlocked 50 and I did not get it along with many in the 50 forum.
    05-03-17 03:36 PM
98 1234