I have both a 50 and a 60. Got the April update on the 50 but not on the 60. Both phones unlocked from Shopblackberry and on Rogers.
    I guess you got it before it was pulled, mine is unlocked from Staples on Fido.
    05-04-17 11:29 AM
    Fair enough, I didn't realize you were quoting the thread and not my very specific opinion on the topic.

1.) BlackBerry sells device as most secure android.
    2.) Doesn't release April patch.
    3.) BlackBerry provides 0 information on why said security patch wasn't released.
    4.) 0 media coverage over the fact "Most secure android device" isn't the most secure.
    5.) Literally the 2nd biggest feature they are boasting on their product page is 0 missed security patches. Why is this not a big deal?
    Exactly my thoughts. If BlackBerry as a company is so keen on being the company that provides best security on Android, then why no explanation on the fact that they didn't fully enroll the April Security patch?
    It's not transparent, and in this way the credibility of their statements is at stake.
    05-05-17 12:57 AM
    Cbk should bring this topic to his podcast.
    asiayeah and chi-town311 like this.
    05-05-17 03:16 AM
    Cbk should bring this topic to his podcast.
    They won't. It reflects badly on BlackBerry so they won't even mention it.
    05-05-17 11:17 AM
    It would be a very interesting topic. Perhaps we should just suggest this to CrackBerry officially. They can invite a BlackBerry security expert to the podcast, too.
    05-05-17 11:21 AM
    CBK is not afraid to say something negative about the BlackBerry because he's true BlackBerry fan.
    05-05-17 12:04 PM
    Well, they have yet to prove that since they signed a big new sponsorship deal recently directly with BlackBerry Mobile. Let's see if they can maintain any level of impartiality. The fact that they won't even talk about the lack of an April update is a pretty big over-sight.

Unless of course, these security updates are not that important. I can't really say they are or aren't, but based on how much BlackBerry talks about them with their whole security first marketing message, seems like they think it's a big deal.
    05-05-17 12:11 PM
    What everyone seems to forget is that this is vintage bb. Since when have they communicated honestly with their customers? Remember the pb fiasco? How about them being "committed to bb10"?

Sadly, if you buy a bb device (even if it's only bb software driven), be prepared for eventual disappointment.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-05-17 02:21 PM
    Well, they have yet to prove that since they signed a big new sponsorship deal recently directly with BlackBerry Mobile. Let's see if they can maintain any level of impartiality. The fact that they won't even talk about the lack of an April update is a pretty big over-sight.

Unless of course, these security updates are not that important. I can't really say they are or aren't, but based on how much BlackBerry talks about them with their whole security first marketing message, seems like they think it's a big deal.
    Just to add my 2 cents to this thread. I am also not happy about this.

There is no question that Blackberry have positioned the 60 as secure and have advertised the monthly security patches. It is one of the main perks in choosing to invest in a 60 rather than any of the many non-blackberry competition.

It feels a bit like subscribing to a monthly magazine and the publisher chooses to not send you one month's issue and not explain why. Didn't you buy it? Do they have the right to do that?

What would go along way to smoothing things over is a sensible explanation as to what is going on from Blackberry. Otherwise - whats to say this won't happen again and again?
    05-05-17 02:31 PM
    Why is blackberry never royal to their customers
    05-05-17 04:04 PM
    Who cares?! Is it possible that BlackBerry software people were prioritising the Keyone and Nougat?
    05-05-17 04:21 PM
    Who cares?! Is it possible that BlackBerry software people were prioritising the Keyone and Nougat?
    Believe in BlackBerry and John Chen!
    05-05-17 07:08 PM
    The patch was not released for the 50 I have an unlocked 50 and I did not get it along with many in the 50 forum.
    Majority of 50 users I've seen received April and many are reporting they've received may also.
    05-07-17 12:48 AM
    Why is blackberry never royal to their customers
    They loyal to their market
    05-07-17 07:17 AM
    Installed the May update on mom's 50 yesterday. Still waiting for April and May on my 60! Some kind of communication from BlackBerry would be appreciated...
    chi-town311 likes this.
    05-07-17 02:35 PM
    Well not mine, bought at Staples in March and got March right at power up and nothing since. Some might say no big deal but those updates are the reason I got the phone.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    05-07-17 03:11 PM
    Just got it on my DTEK60 (unlocked, on US AT&T), 106 mb. Will need to complete the update to see which month.
    05-08-17 09:10 AM
    May 5th patch level.
    05-08-17 09:24 AM
    Same
    05-08-17 09:48 AM
    Yup. Finally got an update. May 5th patch
    05-08-17 11:17 AM
    Also received the May patch in the Netherlands on KPN.
    05-08-17 11:23 AM
    I just got the May 5, 2017 Android security patch level update this morning. I have an unlocked BlackBerry DTEK60 from ShopBlackBerry being used in Canada on Rogers Wireless.
    05-08-17 12:54 PM
    Me too. Finally.
    05-08-17 01:39 PM
98 ... 234