I’m in the UK, and a serial BB user. Rather unexpectedly I immediately got a full refund from Amazon on my out-of-warranty DTEK60 after reporting the battery drain issue, and I’d like another BB. A new DTEK60 would probably have the same problems as my departing one, but what else can match it? The Motion seemed ideal, but that’s discontinued. I got used to the virtual keyboards, so I don’t really want a Key. Presumably the Blackberry app for Android won’t transform (e.g.) a Samsung into a BlackBerry, but how close would it get? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    01-09-20 03:54 AM
    Just buy any VKB Android that you like in your price range.
    01-09-20 06:45 AM
    Many thanks! I hadn't come across the term VKB before, and I can now see from using it as a search term that there are many people in a situation like mine.
    01-09-20 06:57 AM
    I’m in the UK, and a serial BB user. Rather unexpectedly I immediately got a full refund from Amazon on my out-of-warranty DTEK60 after reporting the battery drain issue, and I’d like another BB. A new DTEK60 would probably have the same problems as my departing one, but what else can match it? The Motion seemed ideal, but that’s discontinued. I got used to the virtual keyboards, so I don’t really want a Key. Presumably the Blackberry app for Android won’t transform (e.g.) a Samsung into a BlackBerry, but how close would it get? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Just curious, did you use the charger that came in the box with the DTEK60?
    01-09-20 06:47 PM
    I did, yes.
    01-10-20 03:56 AM
    The BlackBerry Suite is in Google Play and can be downloaded for free to try....

But I agree, just buy the best SLAB phone you can find.... ask friends and work mates what they use and like. Make sure it works fully with your carrier of choice and then make it as BlackBerry as you can.

Going with Android... you need to try and get a new phone that is expected to get update.
    01-10-20 02:04 PM
    Folks that feel that they have been burned by the unreliability of their phone might take a flyer on a Teracube phone. Offers a four year warranty.

https://myteracube.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...hoCnfsQAvD_BwE
    01-10-20 03:42 PM
    Folks that feel that they have been burned by the unreliability of their phone might take a flyer on a Teracube phone. Offers a four year warranty.

https://myteracube.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...hoCnfsQAvD_BwE
    That appears to have less support than recent Titan campaign.
    01-10-20 05:02 PM
    That appears to have less support than recent Titan campaign.
    https://www.androidauthority.com/bes...0-1073204/amp/

Included in article. Ultimately... a warrantied cheap phone .. if it gets made and if it does stay in business.
    01-10-20 06:18 PM
    A 4-year warranty from a garage operation is worth as much as a handful of snow at the North Pole. Trying to enforce such a warranty would be like trying to exchange a pair of old jeans at Sears in 2020.
    01-11-20 12:38 AM
    Many thanks for the suggestions above.
    01-11-20 08:07 AM
    Deleted
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-11-20 at 08:35 PM.
    01-11-20 10:49 AM
    Thanks again for all the help. In the end I bought an A70 which, due to some preloaded software within it, copied all my data from my DTEK60 wirelessly without my having to anything at all save pressing 'OK' a few times. Impressive.
    Last edited by machynlleth51; 01-17-20 at 11:30 AM.
    01-17-20 03:17 AM
    samsung S10
    01-27-20 07:02 AM