Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-30-16 12:02 PM
28 12
tools
    I an still sad about the farming out of BlackBerry phones. And bb10 soon to be put out to pasture or the glue factory. How are the dteks? Are they still BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10
    hoangphuong00 likes this.
    11-27-16 07:55 AM
    Hello Yam. I feel your pain. I have enjoyed the fluidity and efficiency of BB10. Loved my Z10 - then my Z30. However, with the lack of apps, support, and no likelihood of any new BB10 devices in the future; BlackBerry Android appears to be the writing on the wall. Since switching to DTEK60, my experience has been generally positive. There are a few specific things I miss from BB10 but as I learn more about the BlackBerry Android experience, I am surprised that it is becoming easier and enjoyable. It has been a bit of a learning curve - but online blogs and the Crackberry community has helped with set up. While BB10 is what it is right out of the box, Android is very customizable. This is both a blessing and a curse until you figure out how you want it set up. Once you have it set up- it is quite nice. Also, BlackBerry has done a very nice job of integrating much of what we loved on BB10. In fact, while not perfect, I have found that HUB is good, and I actually like some of the Android HUB features better. With more support and updating from BlackBerry over time, I expect the BlackBerry Android experience to be even more enjoyable. If you are looking to move from BB10, I would strongly recommend the DTEK50 or 60.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 10:00 AM
    I was very satisfied with BB10 except for some app issues and lack of any significant updates. Now is a good time to upgrade to a new BlackBerry Android device. I prefer the DTEK50 since it is more pocketable and overall better value than the DTEK60.

Android is more like BB10 than IOS and once you get used it, it is a much richer environment than B10. The HUB is not exactly like BB10, but still works well as does BlackBerry's version of Android. With BB10, BlackBerry had to develop its own file manager, pictures, music app, etc. With Android the problem is deciding which of the many very good apps you want to use.
    11-27-16 10:09 AM
    Reluctantly moved to Android. BlackBerry made the transition easy with their software. Don't miss BB10 at all aside from the odd feature. I loved BB10 but BlackBerry Android is pretty darn good.
    11-27-16 08:26 PM
    I have been using BlackBerry android since the priv came out and now on a DTEK60.

Don't miss BB10 at all. In fact when I was playing with my old Z30 recently, I was thinking that it was more awkward than what I was used to.

That said other android phones I absolutely hate their variations of Android such as Samsung and Sony. Hence I am greatly appreciative of what BlackBerry have done.
    11-28-16 05:00 AM
    Have the dtek60 the same internal storage and sd card storage encyption function and a safe erase function for the internal storage like BB10?
    11-28-16 05:15 AM
    Have the dtek60 the same internal storage and sd card storage encyption function and a safe erase function for the internal storage like BB10?
    You can either have an unencrypted external memory card, or use the card as extended encrypted device memory (adoptable).
    11-28-16 06:30 AM
    I an still sad about the farming out of BlackBerry phones. And bb10 soon to be put out to pasture or the glue factory. How are the dteks? Are they still BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10
    I went from the Z10 to Passport then to DTEK60.

Blackberry has done a very good job with the android experience. Keep it stock with a little blackberry flavor. It's not the same as bb10, but over time you get used to the flow of Android and realize the neat little enhancements that blackberry has implemented to make your user experience easier and more productive.

Also now that I'm using the software keyboard again, this phone reminds me of how good the keyboard was on the z10.
    11-28-16 06:56 AM
    Reluctantly moved to Android. BlackBerry made the transition easy with their software. Don't miss BB10 at all aside from the odd feature. I loved BB10 but BlackBerry Android is pretty darn good.
    This. Tho I don't miss BB10 only because I still have it on other devices.
    11-28-16 01:48 PM
    I bought a Priv on launch day and the Blackberry features and functions in Android has improved greatly.

The Hub works well and the Calendar does well with my gMail account. I find myself not missing OS10 at all.

The app ecosystem is a huge plus versus OS10 and for myself, it's a must in 2016 and I pretty much have the same apps on both my Android and IOS devices and I am not looking back.

I feel Blackberry has done a great job in the year since their first Android device was released and it's only going to get better.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-16 06:01 PM
    Sorry, does DTEK 60 have overheating problem in normal condition?
    11-28-16 06:54 PM
    Sorry, does DTEK 60 have overheating problem in normal condition?
    Never once has it ever over heated. Even under extreme conditions. The 820 is much better than the 808/810.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-16 06:59 PM

Android gets the job done depending on how you set it up.
    Last edited by TheBrandGee; 11-28-16 at 08:19 PM.
    11-28-16 07:14 PM
    Hello Yam. I feel your pain. I have enjoyed the fluidity and efficiency of BB10. Loved my Z10 - then my Z30. However, with the lack of apps, support, and no likelihood of any new BB10 devices in the future; BlackBerry Android appears to be the writing on the wall. Since switching to DTEK60, my experience has been generally positive. There are a few specific things I miss from BB10 but as I learn more about the BlackBerry Android experience, I am surprised that it is becoming easier and enjoyable. It has been a bit of a learning curve - but online blogs and the Crackberry community has helped with set up. While BB10 is what it is right out of the box, Android is very customizable. This is both a blessing and a curse until you figure out how you want it set up. Once you have it set up- it is quite nice. Also, BlackBerry has done a very nice job of integrating much of what we loved on BB10. In fact, while not perfect, I have found that HUB is good, and I actually like some of the Android HUB features better. With more support and updating from BlackBerry over time, I expect the BlackBerry Android experience to be even more enjoyable. If you are looking to move from BB10, I would strongly recommend the DTEK50 or 60.

Posted via CB10
    Would have to agree with this assessment. I was slightly apprehensive as I made the DTEK plunge. Android loomed large and intimidating, but the forums have helped me a lot. Also a factor for me was departing Verizon and purchasing from BlackBerry directly. My Z30 was lagging with charging issues, but since I had bought it used off of Amazon I was able to depart Verizon albeit leaving my spouse with his iPhone 6 behind. I was missing greatly the minimize screen functionality of BB10, and the ability to switch between say calls, and finding a contact, or multitasking with multiple screens open. It seemed like that was a great loss. But then I was shownin I could achieve some of that functionality with the square (show me like screens) button at the bottom. App information, navigating around, and much support is available here on the forums. But I truly am staying with supporting BlackBerry as they regain ground. I expect to see a future android/BB10 blended device in the future. I do not believe BlackBerry is a lost cause at all. I am enjoying the challenges of the DTEK 60, and quite literally, if I can do this, ANYONE can do this! I pray for BlackBerry's success all the time, (my family wonders secretly if I am on the payroll! ) It is a great device and I am happy to promote it and BlackBerry all that I can. Go for the gusto of the DTEK 60 and don't look back!
    PantherBlitz and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-28-16 07:56 PM
    I am in similar situation and want to try the DTEK50. Still using Z30 on Verizon and Verizon does not seem to want to deal BlackBerry DTEK's. My god was the Priv a disaster.

My question is what carrier in the US allows you to use the DTEK50? I really want to try it out and may leave Verizon if they won't carry it.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 08:12 PM
    I have been using the Priv since launch.

Just recently I dusted off my Passport to use as a secondary device, just on Wi Fi, for when my Priv was charging.

I found the Passport/10 experience probably not as good overall as the Android/Priv.

If I had to choose one, it would be Android all the way...

Just my two cents.
    11-29-16 12:36 AM
    I have been using the Priv since launch.

Just recently I dusted off my Passport to use as a secondary device, just on Wi Fi, for when my Priv was charging.

I found the Passport/10 experience probably not as good overall as the Android/Priv.

If I had to choose one, it would be Android all the way...

Just my two cents.
    Agreed.....just got my Priv, and I've got it looking and acting like a Z30...lol
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-29-16 01:02 AM
    Android and Blackberry in the same sentence is an oxymoron!
    11-29-16 03:06 AM
    Agreed.....just got my Priv, and I've got it looking and acting like a Z30...lol
    You just agreed and contradicted yourself in the same sentence
    11-29-16 03:09 AM
    Android and Blackberry in the same sentence is an oxymoron!
    Not really, especially since BB OS 10.2.1 when BlackBerry added the Android Runtime. If you look closely at the "native" BlackBerry apps running under BB10 you'll see that most of them are APK files.
    11-29-16 09:59 AM
    I ran the gamut from loving it to wanting to smash it into a million pieces.

In my experience, battery life would be serviceable for a couple of days and then the drain would kick in and murder the battery. Meanwhile, i deleted the biggest offenders on the phone, FB and its Messenger and the battery would drain like crazy. I'd charge it, it would be good, and then the drain happened again. I also couldn't get used to Android. I tried to love it and had spurts of finally saying "OK this is the phone for me" and then something would happen that would either make me run to my Classic/Passport or put the sim in the iPhone.
    11-29-16 10:52 AM
    The BlackBerry Android experience has had it's pros and cons.

Pros - full access to Google play store and services. Being able to log into GAPPS and save things to your profile, like home address in maps is a nice plus. BlackBerry skin is clean and basically stock Android. Multiple keyboard options are nice. Hub is good. It will never be the same.e as on BlackBerry 10, but it works well. I tried Gmail and outlook briefly and they are also not bad, but the hub is definitely my favorite.

Cons - Android as an os just isn't very fluid. Once you get used to swiping in bb10 it's hard to go back to stabbing at buttons. I actually like the iOS implementation better. One tap for home and two taps for multi tasking, but it is the same button which i find simpler.
    11-29-16 11:07 AM
    My DTEK60 has been amazing and after learning the one quick swipe for Hub from this video, super happy. Honestly, just love the DTEK60, insanely fast, no heating, everything is great about it.

11-29-16 11:10 AM
    Not really, especially since BB OS 10.2.1 when BlackBerry added the Android Runtime. If you look closely at the "native" BlackBerry apps running under BB10 you'll see that most of them are APK files.
    Good call, BB! Let me rephrase. Android OS and Blackberry in the same sentence is an oxymoron!

It may not be a perfect oxymoron but you get the general idea!
    Anyway, it's just my personal opinion which , I'll be the first to admit, isn't worth debating!
    11-29-16 04:52 PM
    "Most apps" running APK files is a little bit far fetched. Sure it's a good amount of APKs in BlackBerry World, but saying most is inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 02:52 AM
28 12