Love to hear about what people have added to their phone in the way of apps, widgets, shortcuts etc that have really enhanced your phone experience. Anything you have done to make it more of a bb10 like experience?
    12-03-16 07:34 AM
    I don't use much apps, According to me BBM , Crackberry , Whatsapp and Hub are essential.
    12-04-16 11:28 PM
    Love to hear about what people have added to their phone in the way of apps, widgets, shortcuts etc that have really enhanced your phone experience. Anything you have done to make it more of a bb10 like experience?
    don't have time now to post all the apps, but the biggest, most-important things that need to be done to be more BB-like, are all settings-related. It'll take you likely weeks to get all the displays, notifications, sounds, and behaviour to where you'd like to be, but the system is very flexible. Tkae your time and learn to use it, and customize to your liking.
    12-05-16 07:28 AM
    Phone, hub, browser, calendar, and helium as its the most complete text/code editor

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2049
    12-05-16 09:45 AM
    Well for me I was surprised there was no file manager app, nor Doc to go as there was in BB10. I tried a couple of file manager apps and have settled on ASUS File Manager, seems to work ok for now. I miss the ability to connect my phone to my laptop and use mass storage to transfer files to and from my SD card. Haven't found a simple work around yet. I have also installed Whatsapp but am having difficulty adding contacts to it. Uses Word, Powerpoin and Excell and had to install apps for each. Most are "free" but they nag you with adds unless you pay and some are subscriptions where you have to pay annually.

The Hub integration in my opinion is not on par with BB10 but I may have to customize things better. Notifications and custom notifications seem lacking too but I'm sure there are apps for that too.
    12-05-16 10:06 AM
    Well for me I was surprised there was no file manager app, nor Doc to go as there was in BB10. I tried a couple of file manager apps and have settled on ASUS File Manager, seems to work ok for now. I miss the ability to connect my phone to my laptop and use mass storage to transfer files to and from my SD card. Haven't found a simple work around yet. I have also installed Whatsapp but am having difficulty adding contacts to it. Uses Word, Powerpoin and Excell and had to install apps for each. Most are "free" but they nag you with adds unless you pay and some are subscriptions where you have to pay annually.

The Hub integration in my opinion is not on par with BB10 but I may have to customize things better. Notifications and custom notifications seem lacking too but I'm sure there are apps for that too.
    1) i tried asus - it's good, but solid file explorer is better.
    2) download office apps. they're free and better then docs to go. i use excel it's great.
    3) plugging phone into usb of PC works fine for file exploring/transfer. you have to choose file explorer from the menu. it should pop up when plugged into pc. if its doesnt, swipe down from the top and choose the setting you want (charge only, file transfer, etc)
    4) i explained the contacts in whatsapp issue in anotherpost. add contacts to phone, not whatsapp.

and yes, customize more and it'll do basically everything you want. it took me some 3 weeks to get there. you have a long way to go. much learning.
    Centerman66 and Mig Iver like this.
    12-06-16 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD