Couple months ago I posted a rant about blackberry not making follow up devices and improving on devices , instead they keep scrapping off and rebooting all the time.

I think the dtek range needs to get more brand value and I feel they should carry on developing the brand so when people say blackberry they think dtek , just like when people say apple we think iphone , or samsung and we think galaxy or note.

So far I'm impressed. Keep it up blackberry.
    11-09-16 05:10 AM
    I don't think they will continue, in the last earnings report they announced they are exiting hardware business by this fiscal year
    11-09-16 05:16 AM
    It's lousy compared to Passport and bb10 devices. It simply does not look appealing enough to buy it. At least for me.

Blackberry Passport | Czech Republic
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-09-16 05:39 AM
    Appealing or not. Looks like bb10 user or gonna be stuck getting an android or apple when Blackberry exits 🙄😓
    11-09-16 06:28 AM
    I personally think BlackBerry will continue along the Dtek range for a while unless of course the sales are abysmal.
    As I understand it they are modifying a template slightly and are not manufacturing as such - that's with TCL /Alcatel .

So if Sales are there it is win / win.
    BlackBerry doesn't build they just add in the software and baking the kernel in the chip set etc and TCL build scale across android and windows .

Pretty much all I hear about the Dtek 60 is good to awesome , which has been unusual for a device related to BlackBerry in a long time.

I guess time will tell.
    11-09-16 08:13 AM
    I don't think they will continue, in the last earnings report they announced they are exiting hardware business by this fiscal year
    Before it was deleted, someone wrote a post that a TCL executive told them that BlackBerry tried to cancel the DTEK60 but couldn't due to contractual commitments.
    11-09-16 08:43 AM
    I think it is a horrible brand name. I think they should have named the line something more synonymous with security like Fortress or Guardian. DTEK is too obscure and doesn't resonate with non BlackBerry customers.

I like the idea of subbing out the design to companies who can produce a quality device and control manufacturing costs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-16 09:00 AM
    I think they will be done with it after the dtek60. Its not going to add enough to the bottom line numbers to pursue another phone. The whole purpose with the licensing deals are to get hardware completely off the books and let someone else take 100% of the risk while BB gets a portion of any hardware sold without any money spent and no downside.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-09-16 09:03 AM