Hey guys,
    If I want a memory card for the Dtek60, is there any info on what speed I would need to record 4K video Ok?

I'm wondering if a class 10 UHS 1 card will cut it?
    11-24-16 04:10 PM
    Officially you need a UHS-1 U3 card for 4k video, although many have had success with a high quality Class 10 card.
    11-24-16 04:34 PM
    class is sort of irrelevant nowadays... you have to dig into the read and writes as well as random reads and writes. If you want to use as adpobtable storage, I found the samsung evo plus to be a great card. If you are just using it for videos and music, you want as high a read and write as possible. some cards won't be happy with 4k even though they have good read/write numbers.
    11-24-16 04:42 PM
    I have an average Samsung Class 10. No issues.
    11-24-16 06:10 PM
    class is sort of irrelevant nowadays... you have to dig into the read and writes as well as random reads and writes. If you want to use as adpobtable storage, I found the samsung evo plus to be a great card. If you are just using it for videos and music, you want as high a read and write as possible. some cards won't be happy with 4k even though they have good read/write numbers.
    I would use nothing other than Samsung Pro+
    I used two different high end Lexar cards, and had to return both. the phone told me it would run slowly (when formatted as adoptable/internal). SO don't waste your time. Buy the best card available.
    11-25-16 08:03 AM
    I ended up buying this card. I use it as external storage. It doesn't say anything about supporting 4k video but does support HD video. I just tested recording and playing back a 15 second 4k clip and it was fine. Recorded and played back with no issues.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B010Q57S62/...UvbUpU12678034
    11-25-16 11:24 AM
    I ended up buying this card. I use it as external storage. It doesn't say anything about supporting 4k video but does support HD video. I just tested recording and playing back a 15 second 4k clip and it was fine. Recorded and played back with no issues.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B010Q57S62/...UvbUpU12678102
    The 4k spec calls for 30 MB/s write speed, but the 4k mode on BlackBerry Android uses less than half of that.

Most good quality Class 10 cards like you link to, do better than their 10MB/s spec - thus doing the job just fine.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-25-16 12:46 PM
    While this thread is here, my friend also has a DTEK60 - he has tried 4 different micro sd cards, all U3, and with each and every one the phone tells him he cannot record 4K video as the memory card isn't fast enough, and when he tried to use adoptable storage it said his card is slow and may not run well.

He has been to BlackBerry Support who have no idea why. He told me there are threads online of others experiencing the same thing. Has anyone else got this issue?
    11-25-16 01:36 PM
    that's a bad *** card! enjoy!
    11-25-16 03:16 PM
    While this thread is here, my friend also has a DTEK60 - he has tried 4 different micro sd cards, all U3, and with each and every one the phone tells him he cannot record 4K video as the memory card isn't fast enough, and when he tried to use adoptable storage it said his card is slow and may not run well.

He has been to BlackBerry Support who have no idea why. He told me there are threads online of others experiencing the same thing. Has anyone else got this issue?
    it's because the card is too slow. I tried 4 different cards as well. the ONLY one which worked fast enough was the Samsung Pro+.
    Despite this, never install apps on it. It still slows it down too much.
    11-28-16 07:38 AM
    it's because the card is too slow. I tried 4 different cards as well. the ONLY one which worked fast enough was the Samsung Pro+.
    Despite this, never install apps on it. It still slows it down too much.
    Well he's used that card too! The cards he has tried are: Toshiba 128GB Class 10, Samsung Pro Plus 32GB, SanDisk (Current SD card) Extreme 32GB
    All are Class 10 U3

As I said, he's spoken to BlackBerry Support and they have no idea
    11-29-16 06:51 PM
    Well he's used that card too! The cards he has tried are: Toshiba 128GB Class 10, Samsung Pro Plus 32GB, SanDisk (Current SD card) Extreme 32GB
    All are Class 10 U3

As I said, he's spoken to BlackBerry Support and they have no idea
    very odd. my samsung Pro+ which I stuck with is the 64GB. Shouldn't make a difference, but it's the ONLY card which (I tried) that the phone accepted as fast enough.
    11-30-16 08:02 AM