09-24-16 11:30 PM
127 1234 ...
tools
    Looks are subjective, I like how it looks personally. Secondly, DTEK50 and Argon are not rebranded, they are customized...there is a difference. With Alcatel, you won't get the monthly security patches, hardware root of trust, or the blackberry software productivity customizations. For me, yes, those things matter, but for you, if you don't place value on things like that, there are a plethora of other choices out there.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe we should define the "re-brand". I am with aespix on this one, if BlackBerry is going to continue re-branding Alcatel phones then I see no point in buying BlackBerry anymore. There is nothing wrong with the strategy but let the high-end phones be completely BlackBerry and not Alcatel. I am currently using the Q10 alongside the Samsung galaxy phone and I can telly you that I enjoy the call clarity that comes with the Q10 when compared to the Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 10:03 AM
    Maybe we should define the "re-brand". I am with aespix on this one, if BlackBerry is going to continue re-branding Alcatel phones then I see no point in buying BlackBerry anymore. There is nothing wrong with the strategy but let the high-end phones be completely BlackBerry and not Alcatel. I am currently using the Q10 alongside the Samsung galaxy phone and I can telly you that I enjoy the call clarity that comes with the Q10 when compared to the Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    While I wish BlackBerry would design it's own hardware once again, the reality is that they have to be as lean as possible in their operations. Let's face the facts, in order for them to survive and as well if they want provide end-to-end solutions, they are going to have to cut hardware manufacturing. This is necessary so they can continue to stay in hardware while not spending R&D dollars to get there. As much as I want them to provide their own designs with top notch hardware, most people don't find the value in it. So let me ask you, would you design and build your own hardware if you know you won't recoup the costs? Likewise for the many bb10 faithful, would they themselves continue to bleed money knowing it won't come back to them? It would dumb to do so, and I don't blame BlackBerry for taking this approach, at least for now. Maybe in the future when their image starts to restore, they have more money to play with and can start to take back some much needed marketshare, then I can see a return to designing their own stuff again.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 10:51 AM
    I guess the argon won't be that grand then if it's based off the idol 4s pro

The pkb device though I heard will sport a curves screen!

#whatisclassic
    08-05-16 12:18 PM

#whatisclassic
    Which I still think it's a waste of money. Originally it made some sense for the curve and the Productivity Tab, but now that DTEK50 has it too, it makes zero sense since it means it can be implemented with a flat screen too. Should've use a regular screen on the Priv and lower the price.
    08-05-16 03:22 PM
    Which I still think it's a waste of money. Originally it made some sense for the curve and the Productivity Tab, but now that DTEK50 has it too, it makes zero sense since it means it can be implemented with a flat screen too. Should've use a regular screen on the Priv and lower the price.
    I think curve screen in general is completely useless and serves no purpose to anything, even on the Galaxy Edges. It just looks better than a flat screen, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    08-05-16 06:06 PM

#whatisclassic
    So which is it? Idol 4S or Idol 4 Pro? Different phones

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 08:26 PM
    So which is it? Idol 4S or Idol 4 Pro? Different phones

Posted via CB10
    I heard it was the 4s pro

The curve screen is quite nice actually and it's incredibly done on the Priv. Better than on the Samsungs imho, as it's not as pronounced.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-05-16 11:15 PM

The curve screen is quite nice actually and it's incredibly done on the Priv. Better than on the Samsungs imho, as it's not as pronounced.

I think the 4s pro is going to be a windows device .

Blackberry is basically becoming a software company now realising they have no place in hardware,

It kinda stings me because I was sold on the Argon, learning it's another another alcatel device with a blackberry sticker annoys me .

I will keep my priv ,

Let's hope they don't use alcatel to launch their pkb premium device.
    08-06-16 02:09 AM

4S is android, has a Snapdragon 652 processor, 4 Pro is Windows 10 device and has a Snapdragon 820 lite processor...again, different from eachother.

The rumours are that the argon will be using the 4 Pro as a reference device.

So to reiterate, there is no '4S Pro', it's either 4S or 4 Pro...if I had my way, I would rather they base it on the 4S...the chip is a good one and it's a bit more power efficient than the 820 lite

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    08-06-16 04:05 AM
    Might as well re brand the one plus and add some BlackBerry touches to it .

08-09-16 05:34 PM
    I'm cool with a customised android phone. Makes perfect sense to me- in fcat I think they should have gone straight to droidberry and skipped BB10 altogether (ain't hindsight brilliant).
    08-10-16 11:31 AM
    Cannot find reference to an 820 lite version.

Any more info on the difference between the two chips?
    Avenzuno likes this.
    08-10-16 10:38 PM
    I think the Argon is the phone that many of us have been waiting for, and for a long time... a fully spec'd slab phone. I really hope that BlackBerry can pull all their lessons together for this one.. I mean all their lessons, including Android issues, heating, battery life (make it best in class), camera, sound, finger sensor, and of course price. I challenge the crackberry community to rank their list... it maybe late, but make this phone the best it can be. I agree with Chen that if he can secure Android better than anyone, his market is large. If he can carry bb10 productivity to Android, even larger. All these market analysts saying hardware for BlackBerry is a mistake are wrong. If Chen needs an alliance with Alcatel to minimize production costs, so be it. Quality does not need to suffer in any way.

Posted via CB10
    luc4625, aecgda, Avenzuno and 2 others like this.
    08-16-16 02:30 AM
    But is BB actually changing anything on the existing Alcatel phone our just giving it a new body?
    08-16-16 01:26 PM
    I think the Argon is the phone that many of us have been waiting for, and for a long time... a fully spec'd slab phone. I really hope that BlackBerry can pull all their lessons together for this one.. I mean all their lessons, including Android issues, heating, battery life (make it best in class), camera, sound, finger sensor, and of course price. I challenge the crackberry community to rank their list... it maybe late, but make this phone the best it can be. I agree with Chen that if he can secure Android better than anyone, his market is large. If he can carry bb10 productivity to Android, even larger. All these market analysts saying hardware for BlackBerry is a mistake are wrong. If Chen needs an alliance with Alcatel to minimize production costs, so be it. Quality does not need to suffer in any way.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. I agree with all that.

08-16-16 02:06 PM
    Is it possible that Argon has SD652 and mercury has the SD820 lite. Could we be mistaken or the rumors could be wrong? Mid range from TCL makes more sense. A highish end pkb would be pretty popular among the government people and the wall street fellas. Because releasing a phone with SD625 or 652 is not very logical in 2017. Doesn't make sense.
    08-16-16 04:42 PM
    Is Bb giving it a new body at least? The leak pictures from relief showed a bb design phone with silver body.
    08-17-16 12:09 PM
    08-17-16 12:10 PM
    Is Bb giving it a new body at least? The leak pictures from relief showed a bb design phone with silver body.
    Based on the rumors from BB Central, the Argon will be released in October and will have a metal housing and glass back. It's gonna feel a lot more like what the Galaxy devices are today. In other words, it's gonna be a premium all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 05:07 PM
    Ok in that case who cares if it will b another tcl internal
    08-17-16 05:08 PM
    And very slippery

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    08-17-16 05:49 PM
    What's going to happen here is that BlackBerry is going to get out of the consumer pkb market. The shift to a subscription app service and outsourcing hardware, plus the sales of the Priv, really tell the tale. BlackBerry can't bleed money to make me happy and I'm okay with that.

The software has value. To me.

I don't buy this "slap a sticker" and "rebadge" stuff at all. Based on what I've read, this really doesn't give BlackBerry its due. The fact that the phones use common chips and reference other phones... big deal. All 820 phones use 820 chips. They basically use the same screens, the same batteries. The secret sauce is in the hardware security that is baked in and the software features and security.

I'll be sad when BlackBerry exits consumer hardware entirely. But, honestly, that's what it was like in the long forgotten past. And BlackBerry was a pretty big deal then.

I frankly don't understand why BlackBerry would care what CB members think about hardware because they only seem to wax poetic about a device when it is discontinued.

Maybe I'm just being grumpy. If so, I would be the last to know and I apologize.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-17-16 06:01 PM
    I think Blackberry made a wise choice to go with the TCL design for the DTEK50 and I don't think I'll have a problem with a TCL Argon. Only thing Blackberry might have added to DTEK50 if they used their own design would be a RGB notification light and a bigger battery. And it would have cost much much more than $300 usd. I really don't think Blackberry has much to add to a slab phone that hasn't already been done. Most of the differentiation is done through software.

I think it's a good strategy to use reference designs for slab phones and design their own physical keyboard devices.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll and HighFlight88 like this.
    08-17-16 07:13 PM
    Dylan already showed us a bit how Argon will look like ....
    Doesnt seem to be the 4Pro one to one.
    What is Argon?-cfuw3kcw4aek0od.jpg-large.jpeg
    08-18-16 05:14 AM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 10:15 AM
127 1234 ...