No security april updates, no news on what's coming next (Nougat) ... no more support site, (yeah Crackberry is now supporting.. but to be honest, it looks like they'll be supporting KeyOne only)...

just seems like we're getting no love from BB... it looks like they are letting us down, loyal BB device owners, to promote the Keyboard....

c'mon, I get it that the new device is out, but at least, gives us a sign that we're not alone and you're still backing your device ! Key1 is out, switch as been made.. get back to us with good news now ! we want support when we ask for it.. I don't even know where to request for support for the DTEK familly when going on BB website.
    asiayeah likes this.
    05-01-17 07:42 AM
    Welcome to the new BlackBerry...
    elfabio80 and nuff_said like this.
    05-01-17 08:06 AM
    So sad but blackberry can't keep up.
    05-01-17 10:51 AM
    No security april updates, no news on what's coming next (Nougat) ... no more support site, (yeah Crackberry is now supporting.. but to be honest, it looks like they'll be supporting KeyOne only)...

just seems like we're getting no love from BB... it looks like they are letting us down, loyal BB device owners, to promote the Keyboard....

c'mon, I get it that the new device is out, but at least, gives us a sign that we're not alone and you're still backing your device ! Key1 is out, switch as been made.. get back to us with good news now ! we want support when we ask for it.. I don't even know where to request for support for the DTEK familly when going on BB website.
    Hmmm...maybe perhaps when a new model is released after the KeyONE, BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile will leave those customers like how we DTEK60 owners are left to die a slow death being complete abandoned.

Have you ever tried to get support through shopblackberry.ca via their North American 1-877-255-2377 number?

Yep...its a massive cardiovascular workout jumping through hoops and hurdles only for the called to just drop from being connected to the correct department. Tried 4 times and same result.

This time just called sales as if I were ordering a new phone in order to talk to anyone. After being in hold...even then couldn't connect me to the correct support department.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    05-01-17 11:25 AM
    I hope my new keyone won't have delay after key2 release.
    05-01-17 11:48 AM
    What makes you think CB will only support the KEYone? Have you seen the forums for BBOS phones? Still up and running, albeit with less traffic but still. BB10? Still talking about autoloaders and what not. I wouldn't equate limited front page stories with lack of service, there's always someone here that can help.

Now, when it comes to actually hardware support as in the need to send a device somewhere, that I have no clue on. Maybe TCL/BlackBerry Mobile directly for us DTEK users?

Hmmm...maybe perhaps when a new model is released after the KeyONE, BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile will leave those customers like how we DTEK60 owners are left to die a slow death being complete abandoned.
    Again, not sure where you're getting that we have (already) been left out to dry. I haven't needed to use support recently but when I did I got all of my questions answered. And with the exception of April (still don't know what happened there), I've gotten every security patch within the first week or so of the official release announcement.
    05-01-17 11:59 AM
    Nothing has changed with BlackBerry support. It's the FORUMS that were shut down.

BlackBerry clearly had trouble with the Qualcomm drivers for April (hence the AOSP-only update for Priv). Don't jump off the bridge quite yet.
    krazyatom and 00stryder like this.
    05-01-17 12:03 PM
    Why be angry with BBmobile? What's it to do with them?
    05-01-17 12:21 PM
    Why be angry with BBmobile? What's it to do with them?
    My comments is not an angry one and doesnt go toward BBmobile... why be mad in life anyway?! It's just that we were left in the unknown on many aspect and I don't know where to go for support!

We are fan and early adpopter of BB in this forum. just because we're heavy user, support will and has been better over here.. but it's not official support! Support by people working (being paid) for BB. Here, It's a kind of support that can void any warranty if something goes wrong because of it.

It's great to have a community that helps people, We should ne reasure though by having officially related people to the BB brand that will approve the support or take over if something wrong is said.

Now that a community of geeks and fans (Crackberry) is "being the official" support for BB handset hardware & software issue, it's not what we should expect for a company that respect is customers. KeyOne is fully advertise has being BBMobile phone... so ordinary people will have the reflex to call them for this device... but what about the others, were's the official, paid by BB, support forum that will not unvalidate my device warranty ? is it, BB, CB, Alcatel, BBmobile... it's not like BB file for bankrupty...

maybe i look confused... yeah I am, and It shouldnt be that way... questions remains tough... if we've software problems... we should have someone that will be working on fixing the problem... not sure crackberry will do it...
    05-01-17 01:39 PM
    Nothing has changed with BlackBerry support. It's the FORUMS that were shut down.

BlackBerry clearly had trouble with the Qualcomm drivers for April (hence the AOSP-only update for Priv). Don't jump off the bridge quite yet.
    good to know. thanks
    05-01-17 01:39 PM

You need to chill bro. Nobody has been left to die a slow death. It's just a phone. Hit the dtek60 and it runs just fine whether there's a security update/os update or not.
    05-01-17 02:19 PM
    You need to chill bro. Nobody has been left to die a slow death. It's just a phone. Hit the dtek60 and it runs just fine whether there's a security update/os update or not.
    I do agree with you but some people actually bought this phone for security patch updates so I don't blame them.
    Greig Craig likes this.
    05-01-17 02:27 PM
    It seems like it.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 08:34 PM
    I agree, I have been a loyal BlackBerry fan for many years, been through the though periods and was almost ready to quit (with a very heavy heart). But what made me stay was security teamed with BlackBerry... hackers broke Pixel and iPhone within days... but not Dtek60. I value security and I like stock Android over iOS. But more thank these things I value honesty and transparency - it should not be a huge effort for BlackBerry to put out a press release to explain what is happening. I hope the rumours are true and the delay is so that we move to 7.1.1.... Otherwise I fear BlackBerry will be loosing more faithful fans
    asiayeah likes this.
    05-03-17 03:32 AM
    I do agree with you but some people actually bought this phone for security patch updates so I don't blame them.
    Yep they differentiate themselves from other android is security update, if their late so what the difference from other android ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    krazyatom and elfabio80 like this.
    05-03-17 04:12 AM
    Yep they differentiate themselves from other android is security update, if their late so what the difference from other android ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Hopefully, it doesn't happen to new KEYone.
    05-05-17 03:18 AM
    Hopefully, it doesn't happen to new KEYone.
    Well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-05-17 03:21 AM
    I'm going to sadly vote yes. Pretty ridiculous.
    05-07-17 12:53 AM
    I'm going to sadly vote yes. Pretty ridiculous.
    Ditto here. I love my Dtek60 and all three of my BB10 devices. To be left hanging without clear communication from BB Mobile or TCL to explain the delays, or the gaps if you prefer, when it comes to timely updates and upgrades leaves one to wonder. Especially because the user base is so small, I mean how hard can a little communication be to a few hundred thousand or less?

As a loyal BB fan I optimistically hope with each new device release that BB has turned a corner and is headed for great success once again, but then the momentum slows to a crawl.

Then the cycle begins again: empty space, rumour of a new device, hype, delay, release, and crash.
    05-07-17 03:42 PM

Good comment. I think many of us BlackBerry types need bungee cords..
    05-08-17 12:14 AM

Although, security bulletins include all past fixes, so if even the May 1 patch requires the driver junk that's causing the issues with Priv/DTEK60, then you'd still be waiting.
    05-08-17 12:36 AM
    Well, new blackberry, but the same old policies on support and customer service. Guys, look at their track record. I get that you want to believe a different blackberry every time but it's the same company underneath those shiny new clothes. Speak up with your wallet; spend it elsewhere if so wished. Maybe, just maybe, another mobile brand out there actually cares about their customers.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-08-17 12:57 AM
    Although, security bulletins include all past fixes, so if even the May 1 patch requires the driver junk that's causing the issues with Priv/DTEK60, then you'd still be waiting.
    You mean DTEK60 not will get neither may update?
    05-08-17 03:17 AM
    You mean DTEK60 not will get neither may update?
    Possible, if they haven't resolved the issue from April.
    05-08-17 06:48 AM
    I think what people want, outside of the update, is some communication. At least tell us what's going on so it's not complete silence. Transparency should be part of their security pledge. I personally don't mind waiting but I don't blame those of us growing increasingly more frustrated by the day.
    05-08-17 09:02 AM
29 12