My first one lasted 10 months before my battery refused to fully charge, it would stop at 1375, never get close to 3000 the rated amount. I was lucky to get 5 hours out of it with minimal use. I sent it back and it looks like they put in a new battery. WOW!! what a difference, I could last more than a day easily. But one month later, and the right side of my touch screen became unresponsive, almost impossible to get the p, l or X or anything on the right side to work without a struggle and multiple touches. Also the same thing along the bottom, very frustrating to say the least.
    Just got off the phone with them. My warranty is up in 6 days, so I guess I'm lucky this happened now and not in a week or I'd be SOL.
    The nice thing is I told them this time I was unwilling to do the send the phone in and wait, I wanted a replacement immediately and then I would send back my phone. The supervisor I talked to agreed I'd been through enough. They are sending me a replacement phone and I have 5 days to send my old phone back. Sure hope 3 times is lucky. But they are standing behind their product and doing what's right, can't ask for more.
    Soon, I'll have the new Motion :-) got to have the latest and greatest BB.
    10-10-17 02:32 PM
    Glad your willing to stick with BlackBerry....
    10-10-17 03:40 PM
    My first one lasted 10 months before my battery refused to fully charge, it would stop at 1375, never get close to 3000 the rated amount. I was lucky to get 5 hours out of it with minimal use. I sent it back and it looks like they put in a new battery. WOW!! what a difference, I could last more than a day easily. But one month later, and the right side of my touch screen became unresponsive, almost impossible to get the p, l or X or anything on the right side to work without a struggle and multiple touches. Also the same thing along the bottom, very frustrating to say the least.
    Just got off the phone with them. My warranty is up in 6 days, so I guess I'm lucky this happened now and not in a week or I'd be SOL.
    The nice thing is I told them this time I was unwilling to do the send the phone in and wait, I wanted a replacement immediately and then I would send back my phone. The supervisor I talked to agreed I'd been through enough. They are sending me a replacement phone and I have 5 days to send my old phone back. Sure hope 3 times is lucky. But they are standing behind their product and doing what's right, can't ask for more.
    Soon, I'll have the new Motion :-) got to have the latest and greatest BB.
    Wow, hope third time's a charm! I sent in my phone after ten months since the phone drains rapidly within two hours, and shuts down at 15%. I hope they put in a new battery that lasts this time!
    10-10-17 04:19 PM
    Sounds like they screwed it up when they changed the battery.....it happens...
    10-10-17 06:44 PM
    I purchased my DTEK60 November 5, 2016, from Crackberry Canada.

Within ten months, the battery only held two to three hours of charge, and would shut down once the battery charge level hit 25%.

In October 2017, after numerous emails, test, resets, and phone calls to the BlackBerry/Alcatel technical service, I sent my DTEK60 to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, on October 5th.

In the mean time, I reactivated my two-year-old BlackBerry PRIV, and the battery still lasts twelve hours on a single charge.

I waited for over two weeks but there was no response from the BlackBerry -Alcatel Repair Centre.

I received back my DTEK60 on October 24th. The Alcatel "Test and Repair Return Form" that accompanied the returned DTEK60 indicated in the "Repair Details:"

"Software Upgrade, Live Call Passed, Quality Control Passed."

This was a lie, since the Android version remained the same, and also because soon after I re-activated the phone it indicated that the "September upgrade" was still waiting to be downloaded.

The battery life of my DTEK60 is still still very poor. The battery now drains faster than ever, often within one hour after unplugging the phone from the charger. Even with the Battery Saver activated, the battery drains in two to three hours.

My warranty expired several days ago November 5th. I did not have the patience to race to call and email the BlackBerry/Alcatel help Centre all over again.

I suggest consumers avoid all Alcatel-built devices. Even if the new BlackBerry Motion has a 4000 mAh battery, it may be of a similar poor quality as the battery found in the DTEK60.

Neither BlackBerry nor Alcatel have any interest in assisting consumers with devices that are still under warranty. The DTEK60 has been a waste of money.
    I'd send it back again..... You've got nothing to lose at this point. Get loud with them where it matters, Twitter etc......
    11-07-17 09:43 PM
    I agree, you should send it back since they originally agreed to accept it for repairs while it was under warranty.
    11-07-17 10:32 PM
    I agree, you should send it back since they originally agreed to accept it for repairs while it was under warranty.
    Very true... thanks!

I have sent my DTEK60 back to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre a second time.
    11-16-17 08:24 PM
  8. dennisetheridge902@gmail.com's Avatar
    Look.. we need to ask ourselves why we keep supporting a company that cares very little about their customers. If this 60 was a $300 phone when new and the battery went to chit in 9 months.. well so be it.. you get what you pay for. For $750 id expect the Dteck not to be of Apple/Samsung quality but an 8 or 9 month battery life is terrible.. then send it off for battery replacement for four weeks to get it back with the same Battery issue.. C'mon.. TonyCanuck I commend your perseverance.. but im done with them.. I wish you luck Brother but I suspect the second time around wont be any better of an experience for you
    11-17-17 08:58 AM
    Look.. we need to ask ourselves why we keep supporting a company that cares very little about their customers. If this 60 was a $300 phone when new and the battery went to chit in 9 months.. well so be it.. you get what you pay for. For $750 id expect the Dteck not to be of Apple/Samsung quality but an 8 or 9 month battery life is terrible.. then send it off for battery replacement for four weeks to get it back with the same Battery issue.. C'mon.. TonyCanuck I commend your perseverance.. but im done with them.. I wish you luck Brother but I suspect the second time around wont be any better of an experience for you
    Hey, thanks very much. At this point I will likely be seeking a legal remedy.
    11-17-17 11:40 AM
    Hey, thanks very much. At this point I will likely be seeking a legal remedy.
    Sorry to here about your continued experience. I sent my 60 in to a Blackberry Mobile repair Center in Texas, US and they fixed phone and had it back to me in 2 days. Then the phone would not take my fingerprint for the sensor and Blackberry Mobile sent me a shipping label again and fixed it in one day. Now my Battery last all day and the fingerprint sensor is quick to unlock. The customer service over the phone was great.

This gives me confidence that Blackberry Mobile will stand behind the products they sale within the warranty period. Next month will be 12 months since purchase and I am glad I can use it into 2018 before I upgrade to another Blackberry Mobile phone.
    11-17-17 06:55 PM