[I have only limited experience using Android, please bear with me]

This morning, my DTEK60 has downloaded and applied a small system update (well... not exactly on its own ), and a tiny 'VoLTE' notification is now showing at all times in the upper left corner of the screen. The full notification reads 'VoLTE ready for calls' (after swiping down from the top of the screen), and it looks like it comes from 'Phone Call Management' app/process.

Unlike with other notifications (i.e. new email, calendar entry, etc.), I'm unable to remove the VoLTE notification by swiping it either left or right. It just sits there, always present: on the locked screen, and after unlocking the screen and swiping down from the top.

I'm all happy to benefit from high quality sound during my calls, but it doesn't feel like the VoLTE notification is mission-critical... Wondering if there's a way to remove it altogether?
    12-13-16 07:57 PM
    Some notifications are designed to stick around and you can switch it off only from within the app if the option is provided. I actually like to have some notifications sticking so that I can see them in the status line and I can access the app by simply swiping down on the status line from anywhere and tap on the notification. This is really handy for something like a clipboard manager.
    12-13-16 08:30 PM
    Some notifications are designed to stick around and you can switch it off only from within the app if the option is provided. I actually like to have some notifications sticking so that I can see them in the status line and I can access the app by simply swiping down on the status line from anywhere and tap on the notification. This is really handy for something like a clipboard manager.
    Thanks and I totally agreed re: the convenience offered by notifications. It's just that VoLTE notification doesn't seem that useful... I couldn't find an option to switch it off in the Phone app, so I guess I/we will have to live with it :-)
    12-13-16 09:03 PM
    Just out of curiosity what carrier are you with?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 07:37 AM
    Just out of curiosity what carrier are you with?
    1O1O, in Hong Kong.
    12-14-16 07:39 AM
    That's quite interesting because I have VoLTE available nearly always when on LTE service here (T-Mobile US) yet there's no notification..... however, there IS when the phone is on WiFi calling (which incidentally works really, really well and the voice quality is insanely good on it too -- better than landline.)
    12-14-16 08:14 AM
    That's quite interesting because I have VoLTE available nearly always when on LTE service here (T-Mobile US) yet there's no notification..... however, there IS when the phone is on WiFi calling (which incidentally works really, really well and the voice quality is insanely good on it too -- better than landline.)
    For me, VoLTE suddenly appeared with the BB's Android system update this morning -- so I guess my mobile provider had it, but my DTEK60 wasn't using it (or, indicating it was)
    12-14-16 09:15 AM
    I had the same problem with my Priv. I have disabled "Phone Call Management" app and everything works fine (as of now). All calls (Incoming and Outgoing) are working just the same.

Update : The notification comes back up after every few hours when you force stop the "Phone Call Management" App. Maybe it's just a temporary solution.
    Last edited by MA_8; 05-25-18 at 01:04 PM.
    05-24-18 04:36 PM
    Android forces a non-dismissable notification if you foreground an app. Doing that prevents the OS from considering it for being killed for RAM management although it's not a guarantee it won't get a Sig9.

Oh and since it's restarting it has registered for a system broadcast on status (e.g "User Present" ) that prevents you from persistently killing it. You might be able to disable it, but if not and the carrier baked it in or Ota sent it there's not much you can do.
    05-25-18 07:45 PM