Are they all the same? Or are there variants. I ask because I have noticed that on amazon / eBay they sometimes say it is not suitable for particular phones.
    01-03-17 11:40 AM
    Stick with one of these and you should be fine: BensonApproved USB Type-C (USB-C) Cables & Accessories

The issue is that not all USB C to USB C/USB A cables are built properly, which means they could fry your device and/or whatever's connected to the other end.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-03-17 11:49 AM
    Amazon is said to be doing testing and setup a lab after they found over 80% from their marketplace were substandard. Many of so called own knockoffs.

For USBC can't go wrong with genuine Apple parts. Anker is probably safe. But I picked some USBC cables that look solid and cost extra that were not.
    01-04-17 07:11 AM
    Stick with one of these and you should be fine: BensonApproved USB Type-C (USB-C) Cables & Accessories

The issue is that not all USB C to USB C/USB A cables are built properly, which means they could fry your device and/or whatever's connected to the other end.
    Agreed. BA has a fine list, and you might even avoid the Apple tax that is beginning to pop up now that Apple merchandise incorporates the standard.
    01-04-17 09:17 AM