Ive had my phone since November and work out in the cold quite often. The phone is totally useless as the screen is unresponsive. Is this just my phone or all phones? Considering going back to my passport
    01-24-17 01:38 PM
    If your screen is not responsive, try factory reset (if you can). If not, get a warranty replacement.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-24-17 01:42 PM
    It's only when it's cold. Is it just my phone that does it?
    01-24-17 01:47 PM
    That usually happens because in the cold there isn't any moisture ( sweat) on your fingers. Try " Touchscreen gloves" they can help and keep your fingers warm at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-24-17 02:29 PM
    That's not very practical when I'm doing my job as a carpenter. It's it possible to get a screen protector that will do the same job?
    01-24-17 03:40 PM
    That's not very practical when I'm doing my job as a carpenter. It's it possible to get a screen protector that will do the same job?
    What about lotion to keep your hands moist, It usually work for me when it's below 0.

Posted via CB10
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    01-24-17 04:17 PM
    Ive had my phone since November and work out in the cold quite often. The phone is totally useless as the screen is unresponsive. Is this just my phone or all phones? Considering going back to my passport
    Is the screen wet?

No problem with mine but it isn't a dtek
    01-24-17 04:52 PM
    My phones dry and my hands are dry, just both cold!
    01-24-17 05:08 PM
    My phone does that too! And if gets very slow and sluggish!
    01-24-17 05:09 PM
    Exactly same issue here. Priv does not behave the same way. It's definitely a hardware issue. Unfortunately I don't think it's defect, it's just how the hardware is.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-24-17 06:38 PM
    My phones dry and my hands are dry, just both cold!
    weird. my 50 is fine in -20 plus when I got snowboarding and want to change songs on the chairlift.
    01-24-17 08:08 PM
    I had the exact same issue. Touch screen was unresponsive intermittently and especially during the cold.

I ended up returning my device. This is not an issue with your hands being too dry. This is a HW issue and an unacceptable one at that.

RMA it if you can and don't get another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 07:18 PM
    I'm out in the cold all the time taking pictures etc. Have not had any problems so far
    01-25-17 07:29 PM
    It's only when it's cold. Is it just my phone that does it?
    I had a similar issue when I first got the passport. turned out it was faulty and blackberry gave me a warranty replacement
    01-25-17 08:43 PM
    I recently was on vacation on Austria Poland and Slovenia temp was -14 to -2 C and no trouble. I used My Dtek 60 to guide me with Google Maps until my hand was almost freezing and no screen problem. The IPhones on my group not so lucky, all of them shutdown by themselves due to the cold.
    At one moment I told everyone to take their phones out and only my Dtek60, my wife Dtek60 and my mom's Dteck50 were still turned On and working.
    foodguy11 likes this.
    01-25-17 09:22 PM
    I recently was on vacation on Austria Poland and Slovenia temp was -14 to -2 C and no trouble. I used My Dtek 60 to guide me with Google Maps until my hand was almost freezing and no screen problem. The IPhones on my group not so lucky, all of them shutdown by themselves due to the cold.
    At one moment I told everyone to take their phones out and only my Dtek60, my wife Dtek60 and my mom's Dteck50 were still turned On and working.
    Yea sure, more unsubstantiated claims about the dtek's working perfectly while a known premium brand all shut down...sure! Loll

Posted via CB10
    foodguy11 and buwee like this.
    01-26-17 07:40 AM
    agree! touchscreen gloves should solve your problem.
    01-26-17 08:27 AM
    Ask someone else to navigate your phone. If the issue again presents themselves then it may be a defect. If not then get touchscreen gloves or a stylus pen for cold weather.
    01-26-17 09:37 AM
    agree! touchscreen gloves should solve your problem.
    Yea sure, more unsubstantiated claims about the dtek's working perfectly while a known premium brand all shut down...sure! Loll

Posted via CB10
    With all due respect to both of you, this issue is not hand/skin/lack of glove related. I had the exact same problem with my DTEK. Holding my Classic in the other hand in the exact same weather conditions yielded no problems whatsoever. It worked perfectly while my DTEK was unusable.

OP, get rid of the phone ASAP before your return period expires.
    01-26-17 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Previously known issue

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

https://www.google.com.pr/amp/s/amp....off_when_cold/

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=UIV4TIe3

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678
    01-26-17 01:34 PM
    I'll see if I can return my phone, maybe try another. See if it's the same
    01-26-17 06:27 PM
    Yes!! I had the same issue back when I got it, called BB and apparently the phone is only (or best) functions when above 0C (its in the manual too in the box). but I had the issue where it is only unresponsive on the right side. now few weeks later, it is sometimes not responsive even at room temp (again only right side) so I'm sending it to BB soon with the warranty
    01-26-17 07:45 PM
    I'm in Toronto and up at my Cottage which is a couple hours north of that and I've had no issues with my dtek50 in -10+ weather so far. But that said most of our days have been pretty mild this year so I'd like to see how it performs over a little more time. So far so good.
    01-26-17 09:13 PM
    My 1 month old 60 does the same thing when I am out in the shop. Temp is 12c, so not cold at all. The top and right side is unresponsive. Cant type the letters on right side, and can't use the send the button for texts.
    After about a minute it will warm up enough to use.
    Talked to tech, did a factory data reset, which didnt do anything. Next is to try a different 60 phone.
    01-28-17 09:01 AM
    My 1 month old 60 does the same thing when I am out in the shop. Temp is 12c, so not cold at all. The top and right side is unresponsive. Cant type the letters on right side, and can't use the send the button for texts.
    After about a minute it will warm up enough to use.
    Talked to tech, did a factory data reset, which didnt do anything. Next is to try a different 60 phone.
    No, didn't you hear? You should get the dtek50, it surpasses flagships and it's 1/4 the cost.

It's the true flagship killer bro!
    01-28-17 06:01 PM
27 12