I tried to trade my dtek60 in at Carphone Warehouse and at Vodafone UK, both have said my phone is not purchased from a recognised third party reseller.

Wanted to trade because the phone is slow, over heating, freezes a lot and I want the PKB keyone! I've deleted apps, reset the phone, issues are still present.

Anyone else experienced this or overcome it?

Phone was purchased from shop.blackberry. New, during the promotion period. Blackberry won't trade the phone either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    07-08-17 04:46 AM
    Run an autoloader on it
    07-08-17 06:57 AM
    I tried to trade my dtek60 in at Carphone Warehouse and at Vodafone UK, both have said my phone is not purchased from a recognised third party reseller.

Wanted to trade because the phone is slow, over heating, freezes a lot and I want the PKB keyone! I've deleted apps, reset the phone, issues are still present.

Phone was purchased from shop.blackberry. New, during the promotion period. Blackberry won't trade the phone either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunate you are having problems with your 60. I purchased mine new from Blackberry and it has been excellent. I had it up for sale on CB because I was not using it but decided to keep it and use it. It has the same specs as my wife S7 and runs just as fast.

Maybe you purchased a phone with some internal defects. How long did you have the phone before the issues came up?

Unfortunately vendors do not recognize Blackberry phones and they do not hold value like Iphones. It would be best to sale the phone to people in the " Blackberry marketplace" but you also disclosed problems with the 60 which will detract buyers and lower the sale price.

When I buy a Blackberry phone I buy it for it's functional usage not for resale/trade in value. I usually give my older Blackberry phones to people for free to bring them into the BB ecosystem.

Good luck with the 60, I hope you can resolve the issues.
    07-08-17 10:54 AM

I own and use a dtek60 and frankly it's the best "android" I've owned. So no I haven't had any of those issues. Secondly, based on my dtek 60 experience versus the Keyone discussions , if you had a properly functioning 60 you would regret going to a Keyone.

From where I sit the keyone has been a disaster of a device and here's the rub - It's very, very likely in a years time or less Keyone users will be in the same boat as the dtek users are in now with respect to updates, confusion and mixed messages, and missed targets, as long as BlackBerry is the OS provider. And believe me, it saddens me to say this.
    07-08-17 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD