the last time I owned a android device is 5 years ago. Sony Xperia S. Right now im considering DTek60 though im still 60-40 leaning towards Keyone
    (Though before im 100-0 towards keyone). I just wanna know what is the difference of a BlackBerry Vkb with the likes of the samsungs, apples, sony's and LG's. Flicked to type is one of it but aside from that I wanna know other things about BlackBerry's VKB because according to many people BlackBerry vkb is one of the best

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 12:53 AM
    Key layout is one thing that gets overlooked. Crimson on IOS tries a little to replicate some features of BB VKB but fails miserably in the end. Better than nothing, though.

The BB VKB takes the entire real estate of the kb area of the phone and makes it functional. No spaces and gaps between keys and odd key layouts for common symbols hiding on the second or third sub screens.

It is just thought out well as to what someone who actually types out communications would need.

Maybe everyone else has some other way of inputting messages into their phone. I do not understand how everyone else puts up with other kb options. It's maddening without the BB vkb.
    05-14-17 02:08 AM
    Key layout is one thing that gets overlooked. Crimson on IOS tries a little to replicate some features of BB VKB but fails miserably in the end. Better than nothing, though.

The BB VKB takes the entire real estate of the kb area of the phone and makes it functional. No spaces and gaps between keys and odd key layouts for common symbols hiding on the second or third sub screens.

It is just thought out well as to what someone who actually types out communications would need.

Maybe everyone else has some other way of inputting messages into their phone. I do not understand how everyone else puts up with other kb options. It's maddening without the BB vkb.
    thanks for the input I guess I need to practice typing on slab because lets face it BlackBerry will only release a pkb once in awhile and we will never know if moving forward releasing a pkb device (TCL) is still part of their future unlike before so right now going BlackBerry vkb device is a option for me. after switching to BlackBerry in 2014 I find iphone and samsung etc right now as toys

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 02:29 AM
    I have both dtek60 and keyone, which one is best...unsure as I like them both for very different reasons
    Blackberry has best the VKB , when I had the Priv I gave up using PKB as the VKB is that good, and for me the PKB was not
    (Compared to passport)
    Before I came to BlackBerry , via Passport, I had Sony phones , tried so many different VKB , they drove me crazy which was why I bought the Passport
    Blackberrys expertise with PKB I believe made them make the best VKB
    For long work emails still like using PKB but via dtek60 I could certainly get bye
    05-14-17 03:47 AM
    The Passport would have been my go-to device if the BlackBerry VKB wasn't so amazing.

Typing individual keys is way too slow these days with swiping being the better alternative.
    05-14-17 12:15 PM