I'm thinking about switching from the passport if the 60 meets certain requirements. The last time I had an android phone, I had to log in to my email to check it but BlackBerry had the push feature which brought me back...plus the reception of the BlackBerry was awesome in poor reception areas. That few weeks with an android was my first and only time away from BlackBerry since I had a flip phone. A little nervous about switching, lol! I know it's not perfect and as close to BlackBerry as I'm going to get, but is it worth the switch?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 01:34 PM
    Every platform uses imap now. Email is instant push.

DTEK60 / Z30
    01-21-17 02:03 PM
    I just switched from my iPhone 7 to blackberry passport silver edition. It doesn't have all that apple has but it truly gets the job done. I have owned every flagship android and never again will I! They never update and when they do the bugs kill the phone. By the time it gets fixed the next android flagship is coming with a faster processor that only slows down. Apple is consistent and works very well. I recommend you stay blackberry or go iPhone!
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-21-17 06:13 PM
    I just switched from my iPhone 7 to blackberry passport silver edition. It doesn't have all that apple has but it truly gets the job done. I have owned every flagship android and never again will I! They never update and when they do the bugs kill the phone. By the time it gets fixed the next android flagship is coming with a faster processor that only slows down. Apple is consistent and works very well. I recommend you stay blackberry or go iPhone!
    Passport is an awesome device for sure.

Don't discount BlackBerry Android out of hand though. It has a solid software package that gets monthly updates, and runs very clean.
    01-21-17 09:10 PM
    Passport is an awesome device for sure.

Don't discount BlackBerry Android out of hand though. It has a solid software package that gets monthly updates, and runs very clean.
    Hey Conite. How long have you had your DTEK60 for? Have you experienced any lag or slow down? Many Android always complain about this. Just wondering.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 07:46 AM
    I moved from passport to dtek60. Takes time to get used to it, have it for three weeks. Was frustrated in the beginning, but finding it works better with customization. Widgets as an example helped me set up similar to bb10, so my hub is swipe right from the home screen. Still many features I have to discover. Example, you can lock your phone on a screen if you want to show someone something on the phone and they can't scroll to the other screens. Don't recall if this was a feature on bb10.
    01-22-17 07:54 AM
    The Dtek60 is a great phone, I have had other android phones, and as Conite pointed out, it is a clean phone with no added bloatware, the hub and other BB software just seems to work better on the 60 compared to the other phones where i paid for the Hub+. Only way you know you will like or not is to try it.
    01-22-17 08:22 AM
    Hey Conite. How long have you had your DTEK60 for? Have you experienced any lag or slow down? Many Android always complain about this. Just wondering.

Posted via CB10
    I have the Priv, and both DTEK devices - all since launch date.

With normal use, I've never had an issue with lag.
    01-22-17 08:36 AM
    I have the Priv, and both DTEK devices - all since launch date.

With normal use, I've never had an issue with lag.
    Thank you, it's good to know that. Just waiting to take the plunge and replace my Z30 with the DTEK60 when I save up some money.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 12:44 PM
    I have a classic and a 60, both are great but for different reasons. The classic is what I use for emailing, which I do a lot of for work, and the 60 for apps that the classic can't run, or run poorly.
    The autocorrect on the classic is far better, IMHO, although the 60 is starting to learn a bit better.
    I just find BBOS 10 to be easier to use, things just seem to be more intuitive. I have been using BB's for quite a long time and the 60 is the first Android I've had, apart from 6 weeks with a Samsung phone that I hated.
    01-30-17 03:29 AM
    Just moved from the Passport to the DTEK60 and while I'd have preferred to stay with BB10 I do like the fact that most apps just work.
    01-30-17 04:31 AM
    Do it!!!
    01-30-17 03:11 PM
    I have a classic and a 60, both are great but for different reasons. The classic is what I use for emailing, which I do a lot of for work, and the 60 for apps that the classic can't run, or run poorly.
    The autocorrect on the classic is far better, IMHO, although the 60 is starting to learn a bit better.
    I just find BBOS 10 to be easier to use, things just seem to be more intuitive. I have been using BB's for quite a long time and the 60 is the first Android I've had, apart from 6 weeks with a Samsung phone that I hated.
    I really like my 60 but it's only been a month. I had a classic before but a loved the Z10 until it died and the 60 is the closest the the Z10 that I've seen. The auto correct is way better than the classic and I can actually type faster on this virtual keyboard than the real one which I used to love on my bold.
    01-30-17 03:47 PM
    Nike.... Just do it.
    01-30-17 04:17 PM