Just had a live chat with TELUS.
    Chat started: 08:02
    08:02 - Heather said:Hello Mark , Welcome to TELUS Mobility Live Chat. I would be happy to assist you today. To best serve you, I would need to ask you a couple questions? Is this OK with you?
    08:02 - Mark said:OK
    08:03 - Heather said:To start, can I have the TELUS Mobility phone number you need help with today, and PIN please? And how may I be of assistance?
    08:04 - Mark said:Not really necessary. All I was wanting to ask is if there is any word on if and when TELUS will be carrying the new BlackBerry DTEK60 phone.
    08:04 - Heather said:We have no advance notice generally, before phones are listed on the website.
    08:05 - Heather said:Sometimes phones are available for pre-order there, but I do not see any info on this phone being carried by TELUS yet.
    08:06 - Mark said:OK. Thanks. Heard some rumblings that it is doubtful that BB will be using any carriers at all. Typical BlackBerry marketing. Thanks for the help.
    08:07 - Heather said:You are most welcome. Have a lovely day.
    08:07 - Mark said:bye for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 10:14 AM
    They offer the Dtek50 so I don't see why they wouldn't offer the 60. Nonetheless I ordered mine from BlackBerry shop

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 10:33 AM
    They will eventually

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    10-28-16 10:48 AM
    BlackBerry launched the phone... if they had Carrier's on board, they would have announced something.

My "guess", they only had to buy a pretty small number of DTEK60 - 25K or 50K to meet their original contract requirements. I imagine it is already EOL at this point, and no Carrier wants to add a phone to their lineup that isn't going to be available for more than a few months. Because I belive Chen when he said it would all be off the books by the 1st of the next fiscal year.
    StephanieMaks and JeepBB like this.
    10-28-16 10:55 AM
    It's a pain in the rectum for me since I'm fortunate enough to have my phone supplied through the Municipality I work for but they only obtain their phones through carriers.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 11:29 AM
    I would not give up all hope yet... according to our business rep at Rogers the only phones that they get advance notice on is the popular iPhone... all others it takes a while after the official launch. Rogers rep indicated they will likely know in a week or so. Might be the same with Telus.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 12:04 PM
    Telus is together with Bell, just like Fido is with Rogers. If Bell decided not to carry it, don't hold your breath on Telus will......
    10-28-16 12:18 PM
    Telus is together with Bell, just like Fido is with Rogers. If Bell decided not to carry it, don't hold your breath on Telus will......
    Telus and Bell are completely seperate companies. They do share network however. Fido is a sub brand of Rogers, wholly owned and operated by Rogers.
    10-28-16 01:15 PM
    Telus and Bell are completely seperate companies. They do share network however. Fido is a sub brand of Rogers, wholly owned and operated by Rogers.
    Also fido does not get the same phones as Rogers.
    10-28-16 02:10 PM
    Simple fix . Buy it outright
    10-28-16 02:17 PM
    Simple fix . Buy it outright
    Most want some type of "deal" that carrier's normally offer.
    10-28-16 02:56 PM
    Some are also locked into corporate contracts with carriers, so purchasing outright is not an option.
    10-28-16 03:19 PM
    Lol @ the noobs believing these "reps" who mostly don't know jack to being with lolll

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    sparkybob likes this.
    10-28-16 03:25 PM
    Lol @ the noobs believing these "reps" who mostly don't know jack to being with lolll
    Nobody is really believing anything. The rep just that they don't know. I believe her.
    10-28-16 04:24 PM
    Carriers have deals???
    10-29-16 03:59 PM
    As I've noted multiple times now, don't count on a lot of carriers picking this one up. If you want it, ShopBB is going to be your best choice and for some, the only choice.
    10-30-16 06:06 AM
    As I've noted multiple times now, don't count on a lot of carriers picking this one up. If you want it, ShopBB is going to be your best choice and for some, the only choice.
    Would you happen to know when we can expect the first Canadian carrier to carry the phone?

I asked Wind & they are tight lipped on the DTEK60. I suspect margins are a little thin so BlackBerry doesn't want to cough up some of the margin. As I type, my BlackBerry Passport is all banged up (cracked screen & a decent dent beside the power button. For once I want to pay off the phone monthly.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 07:43 AM
    Would you happen to know when we can expect the first Canadian carrier to carry the phone?

I asked Wind & they are tight lipped on the DTEK60. I suspect margins are a little thin so BlackBerry doesn't want to cough up some of the margin. As I type, my BlackBerry Passport is all banged up (cracked screen & a decent dent beside the power button. For once I want to pay off the phone monthly.

Posted via CB10
    I think what Bla1ze is trying to tell you, it may not be picked up by carriers at all.

If any carrier picked up the device Rogers and Telus have always given BlackBerry luv. So maybe those two down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath. It may NEvER see a carrier release .
    10-30-16 08:25 AM
    I'm thinking I grabbed the Dtek50 for a month. If the Dtek60 comes to a carrier before the 30 day I'll just return the Dtek50 & grab the Dtek60.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 08:33 AM
    I think what Bla1ze is trying to tell you, it may not be picked up by carriers at all.

If any carrier picked up the device Rogers and Telus have always given BlackBerry luv. So maybe those two down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath. It may NEvER see a carrier release .

^^
    This.
    10-30-16 09:10 AM