At least you should be able go to a Staples store and see a slightly smaller version in the form of a dummy DTEK50.
    not even close to the same.

Bell has the Dtek 50 available
    yeah so does Telus, but not comparable

Ill be surprised if you see Telus offer it - Ive been hounding them since Oct 25 - with no solid results, So I ordered mine yesterday from BlackBerry
    And you can go to koodo, koodo is own by telus , same tower, same signal �� you can get Canada wide illimited call with 2 gb for between 35 and 40$ per month
    yep - i bought mine from BB.com. and am no longer on contract. so time to shop around for my service (although I've been with Telus for 12 years)

Im in a very similar boat with my work plan. I'm due for a new phone through Telus but sounds like the Dtek60 will never show up there. I guess I will buy it outright and then grab a phone from Telus for $0 and sell it.
    interesting idea. this only makes sense if they offer a very good plan. if you're gonna get a $0 phone, they will also up your monthly bill. It likely makes more sense to switch providers ($45-50/month for unlimited nationwide calling and 2-3 GB for data should be achievable).
    11-17-16 06:51 AM
    not even close to the same.

yeah so does Telus, but not comparable

yep - i bought mine from BB.com. and am no longer on contract. so time to shop around for my service (although I've been with Telus for 12 years)

interesting idea. this only makes sense if they offer a very good plan. if you're gonna get a $0 phone, they will also up your monthly bill. It likely makes more sense to switch providers ($45-50/month for unlimited nationwide calling and 2-3 GB for data should be achievable).
    That's exactly what my Telus Corporate plan is, $45 for everything unlimited + 3GB data. So, I just ordered the CB DTEK60 Bundle and the DTEK50 from Telus (for free). Going to put the DTEK50 on kijiji as soon as I get it in hand (likely tomorrow) to recover some of the costs.
    11-17-16 08:34 AM
    That's exactly what my Telus Corporate plan is, $45 for everything unlimited + 3GB data. So, I just ordered the CB DTEK60 Bundle and the DTEK50 from Telus (for free). Going to put the DTEK50 on kijiji as soon as I get it in hand (likely tomorrow) to recover some of the costs.
    excellent - thank you for the info. I will see if they're willing to give me that plan (altho im not corporate). if so, i will do the same. otherwise, see ya later Telus. Will try to get that deal with another carrier and do the same thing.
    11-17-16 09:20 AM
    excellent - thank you for the info. I will see if they're willing to give me that plan (altho im not corporate). if so, i will do the same. otherwise, see ya later Telus. Will try to get that deal with another carrier and do the same thing.
    Just so y'all know, I came across this gem yesterday:

Edit: as pointed out by HaberNik after I posted this, it's for the US price point.

Telus DTEK60 Availability-img_20161117_133504.png

Maybe Black Friday will bring some relief.
    Last edited by BruvvaPete; 11-17-16 at 06:08 PM.
    11-17-16 02:36 PM
    Just so y'all know, I came across this gem yesterday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161117_133504.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	412417

Posted via CB10
    That has to be Amazon.com not .ca

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 03:18 PM
    That has to be Amazon.com not .ca

Posted via CB10
    Well, cut off my nuts and call me testy. It is, indeed. That's what I get for updating an app and not re-checking the settings.

Thanks for noticing.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 06:05 PM
    It is disappointing, I was at a telus store in my area and they told me no there is no plans to carry it.
    I am due for a new phone, I got my classic after my Z10 on contract and it's all payed up.
    Now what? I have never gotten a unlocked phone before, do I just bring it in and say put it on or can I just pop the sim in and go?

In the past I have smashed my phones and to replace it real quik I would go to london drugs and buy a (pay as you go) and walk into the telus store and say put this one on, cost me a few bux for the fee and done.
    I will buy the 60 if I can do it like this, I am not loyal to telus but have been with them for...a while now so switching carriers is an option.

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10
    11-17-16 06:42 PM
    I am in the same boat. My Z30 is showing its age so I still have my fingers crossed they will carry the 60

Posted by my awesome Z30
    11-17-16 07:07 PM
    It is disappointing, I was at a telus store in my area and they told me no there is no plans to carry it.
    I am due for a new phone, I got my classic after my Z10 on contract and it's all payed up.
    Now what? I have never gotten a unlocked phone before, do I just bring it in and say put it on or can I just pop the sim in and go?

In the past I have smashed my phones and to replace it real quik I would go to london drugs and buy a (pay as you go) and walk into the telus store and say put this one on, cost me a few bux for the fee and done.
    I will buy the 60 if I can do it like this, I am not loyal to telus but have been with them for...a while now so switching carriers is an option.

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10
    If you buy unlocked from Shop BlackBerry you should just be able to put in your Sim out of your Classic and it should work. Any content transfer and setting up email accounts is the same process whether you bought it from your carrier or not.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tjsberry; 11-17-16 at 09:33 PM.
    11-17-16 07:40 PM
    No carrier support really sucks
    11-17-16 08:48 PM
    I am in the same boat. My Z30 is showing its age so I still have my fingers crossed they will carry the 60

Posted by my awesome Z30
    Oh, lawd. Not you too!

Mines has been skiddin all oer the place for months on end! On the outside, she's a beaut. Even took her huntin. Awesome partner

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 04:54 AM
    Yea looks to be just a BB and CB exclusive in North America
    11-20-16 08:17 AM
    Yea looks to be just a BB and CB exclusive in North America
    By the looks of it, you're probably right. For once my cell took a beating (BlackBerry Passport), and the phone that I want (Dtek60), isn't even available for any Canadian carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 01:26 PM
    The irony

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 07:54 AM
    I just noticed today the dtek50 is not listed on the Telus website anymore.

Posted by my awesome Z30
    11-26-16 04:53 PM

Posted by my awesome Z30
    Well that was quick loll

Maybe they're clearing it out for real loll

Damn...

#whatisclassic
    11-27-16 10:27 AM

Posted by my awesome Z30
    I noticed as well. The entire way this has been playing out is disturbing. I may just be to go with a Samsung after all.
    11-27-16 03:53 PM
    I am leaning towards Samsung myself. I really wanted the dtek60.

Posted by my awesome Z30
    11-27-16 04:57 PM
    If you really wanted a Dtek60 you would just buy one but deep down you really want a Samsung or you like your telephone company dictate what you should get. Enjoy you Hamhung!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 07:12 PM
    I my case my company has a corporate deal with Telus. My company will pay for whatever phone I get from Telus. They will not pay for a phone I purchased elsewhere. I have waited and waited, sent emails , called and have talked with telus stores. No one knows if and when they will be bringing in the Dtek60. They just dropped the Dtek50 this week due to little demand. I love BlackBerry phones and go into Telus stores all the time. It's sad that they don't push BlackBerry at all. They literally tell you anything to steer you away from BlackBerry. Why I don't know as the dtek50 and 60 are good phones. Very sad.

Posted by my awesome Z30
    11-27-16 11:56 PM
    I my case my company has a corporate deal with Telus. My company will pay for whatever phone I get from Telus. They will not pay for a phone I purchased elsewhere. I have waited and waited, sent emails , called and have talked with telus stores. No one knows if and when they will be bringing in the Dtek60. They just dropped the Dtek50 this week due to little demand. I love BlackBerry phones and go into Telus stores all the time. It's sad that they don't push BlackBerry at all. They literally tell you anything to steer you away from BlackBerry. Why I don't know as the dtek50 and 60 are good phones. Very sad.

Posted by my awesome Z30
    I had the same issue with my company deal. So, I picked up the DTEK60 from Crackberry, then called my Telus corporate vendor and ordered a new device from them. Once it gets delivered from Telus (should actually be today), it goes on Kijiji. It should pay for a portion of the cost of the DTEK60. I'll still be about $300 out of pocket, but well worth it in my opinion.
    11-28-16 12:58 AM
    If you really wanted a Dtek60 you would just buy one but deep down you really want a Samsung or you like your telephone company dictate what you should get. Enjoy you Hamhung!

Posted via CB10
    Feel better about yourself now that you come across as "better" than others because of your cash flow?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 06:14 AM
    I noticed there's only one BlackBerry phone on the Telus site.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 02:00 PM
    I noticed there's only one BlackBerry phone on the Telus site.

Posted via CB10
    That is correct Telus is promoting their all time favorites iPhones & Samsung everything else is an afterthought.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 07:12 PM
    This is what I find. When I go into any Carrier Bell, Telus, Rogers. The sales personal are all kids that are hook on I-Phones. If you ask about anything other than a I-Phone. They are garbage you don't want that phone is what I keep hearing. So as far as poor sales on BlackBerry. I think the carriers need to educate there staff that there are other phones out there other than a I-Phones. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 09:02 AM
77 1234