I called Telus 2016.11.01 and asked about availability of the DTEK60 and a possibly approximate date it may be offered. I was on hold for a few minutes while the Agent checked. I got tired of being on hold so I hung up.

I missed a return call from the agent saying (paraphrase) it should be on the Telus website in about a week to ten days or so. Take this with a grain of salt.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 12:43 PM
    I'll be surprised if there's ever even a dummy unit in a Telus store, but if they put it on their website and enough people are willing to pay $700 for it over the life a two year contract, then it's probably worth it for Telus to do it.
    11-03-16 01:55 PM
    This is good news as I'm about due for an upgrade. Fingers crossed.
    11-03-16 02:36 PM
    I have been Tweeting them about it since the phone launched, and all they keep saying is if they have it available there will be an announcement , doesnt sound promsing, Since the Pixel was a big launch for them and so was the Priv.
    11-03-16 02:48 PM
    Interesting that the BlackBerry Rep answering questions about the DTEK60 here on CB mentioned that BlackBerry never approached the carriers and probably won't.
    11-03-16 03:00 PM
    Interesting that the BlackBerry Rep answering questions about the DTEK60 here on CB mentioned that BlackBerry never approached the carriers and probably won't.
    However, if Telus is getting a lot of inquiries about this, and the DTEK60 sales numbers start to look good, you never know.
    11-03-16 03:52 PM
    Take this with a grain of salt.
    A very big one.
    11-03-16 04:11 PM
    There's a chance that particular rep may not have the necessary information. I've been into stores before where reps didn't even know how to use a particular device or that a particular device has become available. A second (or third) opinion is not a bad thing.
    11-03-16 05:49 PM
    Correct, a lot of reps are random people working these jobs while going to school or something - they don't really represent the telcom anymore than the cashier at mcdonald's represents mcdonald's loll

It's like asking some random worker at Canadian tire about paint assuming they know because they work there but they're probably more clueless than you are lol

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-03-16 08:02 PM
    Correct, a lot of reps are random people working these jobs while going to school or something - they don't really represent the telcom anymore than the cashier at mcdonald's represents mcdonald's loll

It's like asking some random worker at Canadian tire about paint assuming they know because they work there but they're probably more clueless than you are lol

The rep in question is no student. He is a senior person. Knows his stuff.
    11-03-16 08:22 PM
    Can you please link the thread where they're answering questions? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 08:29 PM
    Can you please link the thread where they're answering questions? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    DTEK60 questions?
    Last edited by Elite1; 11-08-16 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Link repair
    11-03-16 08:44 PM
    I was talking about the Telus rep lolll!

11-03-16 10:06 PM
    Been waiting for Telus, so I hope it is true. Eligible for renewal for a couple of months now. Was going to get the Note 7, but really happy it didn't work out. Would have been stuck with that for a couple of years. So excited about the DTEK60. Good things come to those who wait!!
    11-03-16 10:33 PM
    Well that's good news, hope Rogers will offer the phone soon. They have five Blackberry models on there, so I'm pretty sure for people in Canada, that will make them happy.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-04-16 01:38 AM
    What about Bell mobility has anyone heard any news if they will carry the Dtek50? My passport is really having issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 06:37 AM
    What about Bell mobility has anyone heard any news if they will carry the Dtek50? My passport is really having issues.

Posted via CB10
    I have a feeling BlackBerry wants to push it through shop BlackBerry for the first few weeks. BlackBerry can pocket more margin that way. The carriers want a cut. I'm hoping the carriers give it support in a week or two.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 08:12 AM
    Sask tel is a similar story. Have checked at two different locations numerous times and nobody knows anything.
    11-05-16 08:26 AM
    Sask tel is a similar story. Have checked at two different locations numerous times and nobody knows anything.
    Their online chat Rep didn't know anything either.
    11-05-16 09:14 AM
    Kind of sucks. As it would be nice to go see a device beofre you buy like the majority of other phones. Though the dtek60 looks great. I just think its damaging as this is phone season. Iphone 7, Pixel, and the s7 edge to a lesser degree (as it came out earlier in the year)...though this phone cant sit in the same top tier category as those other 3. Its pricing, build quality and specs (overall value) make it impossible for people not to consider. I mean if i knew little about phones, was in the market for one and walked into a bestbuy to go mess around with some. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference in performace between the 4. Build quality is all superior on each...so the only thing is the price. Which the dtek destroys the rest on. Too bad BB continues to market like they still hold sway in the market. I really hope the phone does well, but they gotta get it out there
    11-05-16 09:21 AM
    It's been ten years since they started to really hemmorage market share and their marketing is still atrocious. Maybe that should be outsourced as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 01:32 PM
    It's been ten years since they started to really hemmorage market share and their marketing is still atrocious. Maybe that should be outsourced as well.

Posted via CB10
    It is, along with everything else except for BlackBerry software support.
    11-05-16 01:40 PM
    It is, along with everything else except for BlackBerry software support.
    I'm wondering why it took so long. It's almost as if everyone except BlackBerry realized their marketing sucks.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 08:10 AM
    This entire thread is one giant Smh and facepalm really lolll

Keep waiting guys!

#whatisclassic
    11-06-16 09:25 AM
    I was hoping to go to a store and play with the phone but that's not happening I guess
    11-06-16 10:11 AM
77 123 ...