Confirmed by a Telus online rep.

Telus decides against DTEK60-screen-shot-2016-11-15-3.40.17-pm.png
    Telus decides against DTEK60-screen-shot-2016-11-15-3.40.36-pm.png
    11-15-16 02:49 PM
    I kinda guessed this would happen; that, and the fact my local store is closed for reno, are why I bought it unlocked.
    11-15-16 02:56 PM
    I kinda guessed this would happen; that, and the fact my local store is closed for reno, are why I bought it unlocked.
    Other than avoiding a large cost up front, I do not see any advantage to buying through a carrier anymore.
    11-15-16 04:09 PM
    Other than avoiding a large cost up front, I do not see any advantage to buying through a carrier anymore.
    I might have said "faster than having it shipped", but the DTEK60 came less than 48 hours after I bought it.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-15-16 04:13 PM
    I might have said "faster than having it shipped", but the DTEK60 came less than 48 hours after I bought it.
    Me as well...when I bought two (one for me the other for my wife), they both arrived basically within 48 hours.

Those who love subsidized phones with myself formerly being one of them is that since I have been buying directly from BlackBerry going all the way back to my Z30, Passport my overall monthly plan has been significantly reduced via Loyalty and Retention.

I'm now on a base BYOD plan for $50. Unlimited national calling, voicemail 25 and pretty much everything else unlimited. $75 applied to one phone for 10 GB shared between us.

Did I pay straight out $650 Canadian each for both phones? Yes...but I'm not in a contract for 2 years forced to use one of their so called " eligible" plans for a high end phone at a subsidized price.

After 2 years...ive saved more monthly in total even though I've bought my phones outright. BYOD is the way to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Telus decides against DTEK60-5737.jpg  
    11-15-16 04:34 PM
    Same here. Will byod plan for me
    Greened likes this.
    11-15-16 08:18 PM
    I believe it. Blackberry is usually quite quick. It probably depends totally on location. Anything I order from crackberry or blackberry comes to my door within 48 hours also.
    Greened likes this.
    11-15-16 08:27 PM
    Me as well...when I bought two (one for me the other for my wife), they both arrived basically within 48 hours.

Those who love subsidized phones with myself formerly being one of them is that since I have been buying directly from BlackBerry going all the way back to my Z30, Passport my overall monthly plan has been significantly reduced via Loyalty and Retention.

I'm now on a base BYOD plan for $50. Unlimited national calling, voicemail 25 and pretty much everything else unlimited. $75 applied to one phone for 10 GB shared between us.

Did I pay straight out $650 Canadian each for both phones? Yes...but I'm not in a contract for 2 years forced to use one of their so called " eligible" plans for a high end phone at a subsidized price.

After 2 years...ive saved more monthly in total even though I've bought my phones outright. BYOD is the way to go.
    What carrier are you with?
    11-15-16 08:35 PM
    I think BB has to see where it fits in and adjust, so its handset business becomes profitable. I think they will. So far the naysayers have been proven wrong.
    11-15-16 08:37 PM
    I've said it and will keep saying it, Blackberry needs to work like the One+ business model. Assemble and ship on demand. Nothing to lose.
    11-15-16 09:12 PM
    What carrier are you with?
    Telus
    11-16-16 01:34 AM
    Crap, I guess this means Rogers won't sell it either if Telus doesn't...but hoping Rogers will.
    11-16-16 07:01 AM
    i'm surprised they confirmed it. every time i spoke to them, they told me they either don't know yet, or do not have access to such info until it is officially launched. I guess they've reached that point. I bought from BB.com and am no longer on contract with Telus, so i'm gonna say goodbye to them (after 12 years)... their plans are a joke. they want some $90 a month for 2GB data and a phone discount.
    With Koodo, Virgin or Fido I can get 2-3GB and unlimited nationwide calling for some $50 with no contract. Paying for the phone up front will pay for itself.
    11-16-16 07:06 AM
    i'm surprised they confirmed it. every time i spoke to them, they told me they either don't know yet, or do not have access to such info until it is officially launched. I guess they've reached that point. I bought from BB.com and am no longer on contract with Telus, so i'm gonna say goodbye to them (after 12 years)... their plans are a joke. they want some $90 a month for 2GB data and a phone discount.
    With Koodo, Virgin or Fido I can get 2-3GB and unlimited nationwide calling for some $50 with no contract. Paying for the phone up front will pay for itself.
    If you've been with Telus for 12 years...call their Loyalty and Retention number directly and negotiate. BYOD plus Loyalty Data plans are the way to go.

1-877-279-3100
    1-800-463-3919
    Randal Yandal and liquidneon like this.
    11-16-16 09:33 AM
    For $650 why would anybody want to lock themselves with telus/Rogers/bell etc.
    11-16-16 09:44 AM
    I am currently with Sask tel in Saskatchewan. My two year contract expired two months ago so when I purchased my 60 from BlackBerry a couple of weeks ago I simply moved my SD card and sim card from my PP to the 60. Does anyone know if Sask tel has a BYOD or loyalty plan available and would I qualify in this situation? I suppose I could go and check out Bell and Telus here in town and see what my options are.
    11-16-16 10:05 AM
    i'm surprised they confirmed it. ...
    That's because the "they" we get to talk to only know what they've been told. Fortunately after numerous inquiries "they" eventually passed it up the line to Senior Management who did know.
    11-16-16 10:15 AM
    Agreed. Doesn't make any sense. People have this misconception in their heads that they need to purchase the phone from the carrier or else it won't work sort of thing. Some people don't understand what an unlocked device even is.
    11-16-16 10:53 AM
    I think it depends on your location. I get a discount with Rogers so only pay 50 for 6gb of data and unlimited nationwide calling and all the rest so it's not a huge deal for me to lock into a contract.

On that token I've never tried to negotiate with them to see how much lower I could get with a BYOD. Online it just says $10 less a month so not sure?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 10:59 AM
    Agreed. Doesn't make any sense. People have this misconception in their heads that they need to purchase the phone from the carrier or else it won't work sort of thing. Some people don't understand what an unlocked device even is.
    well if you like your plan and know you will be using a phone for 2 years, i don't see why not.
    Unless there is a good chance you will leave the country within 2 years, why wouldn't you decide to guarantee your business for 2 years? Really not a big deal if they're gonna give you up to $450 discount off the phone price. Unfortunately they didn't have the D60 though, so no contract for me. And I may just walk away if they dont give me the plan/price I want.

I get a discount with Rogers so only pay 50 for 6gb of data and unlimited nationwide calling and all the rest so it's not a huge deal for me to lock into a contract.
    exactly. if you get what you want, does it matter that you have to stay with them for 2 years?
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-16-16 11:19 AM
    I am currently with Sask tel in Saskatchewan. My two year contract expired two months ago so when I purchased my 60 from BlackBerry a couple of weeks ago I simply moved my SD card and sim card from my PP to the 60. Does anyone know if Sask tel has a BYOD or loyalty plan available and would I qualify in this situation? I suppose I could go and check out Bell and Telus here in town and see what my options are.
    dont bother going to the store. call them - options for in-store reps are very limited
    11-16-16 11:20 AM
    ... I've never tried to negotiate with them to see how much lower I could get with a BYOD. Online it just says $10 less a month so not sure?
    So then you are "subsidizing" the Rogers loyalty program at the rate of $120 per year so they can eventually offer you a "subsidized" price on a new phone?
    11-16-16 12:42 PM
    dont bother going to the store. call them - options for in-store reps are very limited
    Agreed. When I did contracts... I always called Loyalty and Retention first and foremost. After a good plan was negotiated, my updated info would then be on file on their servers so that I can go to any Telus store.

I walk up to a rep, tell them which phone I wanted, tell them my new plan is on file and Boom! Easy Peasy!

No waiting at the store while the store rep is on hold and being the middle man talking with Loyalty and Retention which sometimes takes an hour or longer even worse if there's lots of customers in the store ahead of you.
    11-16-16 12:43 PM
    @BBrickk,

Thats a real shame. Would be awesome to see the Blackberry DTEK60 in more store and on more carriers. But at the end of the day, its business and the product isn't selling well for them (doesn't mean it isn't selling)

Hopefully other carriers are a little more positive towards the device.
    11-17-16 09:58 AM
    Telus something we don't know
    Alain_A likes this.
    11-17-16 12:53 PM
40 12