THANK YOU for creating a thread like this!!! This needs to be a sticky!!!

I have 5 family members who all use BlackBerry, including myself, and I we are all looking at transitioning to DTEK60 or the *fingers crossed* upcoming keyboard version. I'm the "tech guy" of the family, so they're all waiting for me to pull the trigger, but I want to make the transition as smooth as possible.
    My pleasure!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 07:51 AM
    I disabled hangouts and Google play movies and tv via settings but they are still in the apps drawer. Not concerned about this but would like to remove what I don't use.
    When disabling an app, i'm seeing "Do you want to revert this app to the factory version"?
    I always hit cancel, and then the app doesn't get disabled... seems odd. I don't want to downgrade it, I just want to disable the damn thing. What do you guys/gals do?
    11-14-16 09:48 AM
    You have to let it downgrade as it has to go to its original installation. When you reactivate it it will upgrade.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-14-16 09:54 AM
    Maps
    Waze. Nothing better. Amazing for traffic avoidance and even warns about cops!

Weather apps? Been using BeWeather guessing that is available. Any other suggestions
    using weather network... not great, but I like the widget.

BB10 features; Bedtime Mode
    the clock + volume buttons do the trick. can set it to alarm only when you volume all the way down.

auto SMS replies
    in the phone options.

Audio player:
    Neutron is my fav

File explorer
    Solid is best from what i've tried

- BlackBerry Link?
    - BlackBerry Blend?

ahhh I would kill for Blend... I don't think anything similar is available... I hope I'm wrong!

Don't think so. The led is one color not multi coloured. If so please show
    From within apps, notifications, most apps let you choose LED colours. haven't tried it though. I like a simple red for all.
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-14-16 09:58 AM
    The LED can only show red color regardless of app settings.
    11-14-16 10:27 AM
    As for Link, the backup function is handled by Google's cloud backup instead of any desktop software. The media syncing stuff is manual, but the default Play Music/Photos apps are intended for you to use Google's cloud based photo/music storage stuff.

The LED can only show red color regardless of app settings.
    Correct.

Priv: RGB
    DTEK50: White
    DTEK60: Red
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-14-16 10:31 AM
    Export your Password Keeper passwords from BB10 and then import them into the android version.

+1 for Solid Explorer
    11-14-16 11:27 AM
    Get what you want and I hope you like it but just wanna throw out there that the PRIV is still a vet good device. Chrome is disabled on my phone and IL take a delay to use Firefox. Brave browser is handy and respects privacy as well. I use piktures for my photo app and have Google disabled. No back up to Google either.
    11-14-16 01:01 PM
    I have downloaded BlackBerry Ring tones and he did add colors to the led.
    I have never added a attachment to a post but will try to.
    It will be a page on BlackBerry Ring tones that shows the Colorado options.
    It also offers a " custom " or red, ,blue , white for a individual app.
    Will post as soon as I can learn to add attachment.
    The app costs .99.
    11-14-16 02:36 PM
    Did you physically see different led colors? No only setting in the app, but actually seeing the colors in the led different than red? A lot of people will be very happy if you confirm this...

I have downloaded BlackBerry Ring tones and he did add colors to the led.
    I have never added a attachment to a post but will try to.
    It will be a page on BlackBerry Ring tones that shows the Colorado options.
    It also offers a " custom " or red, ,blue , white for a individual app.
    Will post as soon as I can learn to add attachment.
    The app costs .99.
    11-14-16 02:48 PM
    The app is for BBM.
    IT does work on my Priv I see no reason it will not work on 50 and 60.
    Attached Thumbnails Teach me "The Google" (Android)-10186.jpg  
    11-14-16 02:49 PM
    The LED is incapable of changing color, it is a fix red led, even switching color led in apps or with apps like Light Flow it will still blink red. Even changing the rate of blinking is not possible...at this time....I tried with Flash notification and LED Blinker.
    11-14-16 02:56 PM
    The Priv has a multi-color led the 50 & 60 do not.
    11-14-16 02:59 PM
    The app is for BBM.
    IT does work on my Priv I see no reason it will not work on 50 and 60.
    The Priv Has a triple LED light with the 3 three primary colors so that multiple colors can be made. The 50(white) and 60(red) only have a single LED Light.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 03:32 PM
    Thanks for all the comments. Keep them coming and I'll try to update this daily. Think we are getting a great list so far!

Any other topics or categories needed?
    11-14-16 10:05 PM
    This is what I am looking for in regards to Bedside Mode:
    Teach me "The Google" (Android)-img_20161114_200802.png

I use it all the time. Turn it on and set my wakeup time (which changes daily). My Bedside mode has it so no notifications come through but will allow phone calls during the night.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 10:18 PM

I use it all the time. Turn it on and set my wakeup time (which changes daily). My Bedside mode has it so no notifications come through but will allow phone calls during the night.

Posted via CB10
    look thru the priority notification settings
    11-14-16 10:20 PM
    look thru the priority notification settings
    Once I get my phone (Hopefully it will arrive on Friday) I'll check it out and update the details. Thanks
    11-14-16 10:58 PM
    Export your Password Keeper passwords from BB10 and then import them into the android version.

+1 for Solid Explorer
    I did not even see an export function on my password keeper on Passport.... how do I export?
    11-15-16 06:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161114_200802.png 
Views:	274 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	412192

Posted via CB10
    Yeah not sure. I can get the phone to Alarm only mode, but not calls only mode. Haven't had the need so haven't looked further.
    11-15-16 06:33 AM
    I did not even see an export function on my password keeper on Passport.... how do I export?
    Swipe down from the top of the screen, settings / options, scroll down to export.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-15-16 07:24 AM
    Good news! Phone arrived today!

Bad news Ultimate Backup and it's associated Android version will not allow restore to Android. The BlackBerry version does Backup and Restore. Android version does Backup ONLY! (restore option to come). Rrrrrrrrr

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 09:00 PM
    Not sure if I am in the right thread...anyways...

On my current Q10 I so like having the option of deleting individual emails locally i.e just on the phone OR delete from the phone AND the server. Talking with a Android friend or two they say this isn't possible? Does this make sense?
    11-27-16 07:35 AM
    Its possible, just depends on whether you are using pop3 or imap.
    11-27-16 08:53 AM
    Not sure if I am in the right thread...anyways...

On my current Q10 I so like having the option of deleting individual emails locally i.e just on the phone OR delete from the phone AND the server. Talking with a Android friend or two they say this isn't possible? Does this make sense?
    11-27-16 03:21 PM
61 123