My Dtek60 will be arriving in a week. I have never used any Android phone (closest we have is a Galaxy Tab3). Long BlackBerry and BB10 user currently using my Passport.

Let me know your thoughts on these categories (I'll update as I get more responses) User suggestions are Underlined and Italicized:

Content Transfer:
    - BlackBerry Content Transfer App?
    - Ultimate Backup App?
    - Which app or method works best coming from BB10. Keep in mind I have thousands of text, emails, 1600 contacts, 1 calendar, etc.

What apps should I get to help recreate my BB10 experience?
    - Bedtime mode? The clock + volume buttons do the trick. can set it to alarm only when you volume all the way down. *Don't think this will quite recreate the BB10 version, I'll test when my phone arrives
    Not needed. Configure Do Not Disturb to your liking and activate Daydream to show the clock when charging. I actually like that you can have it disengage automatically with the alarm. Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    - Text response option during phone calls Auto SMS replies
    in the phone options.

- HUB setup suggestions (as I have heard of some issues with this)
    - Alarm wake up sound: here is the post to get the Sunrise sound. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1089578
    - Apparently all BB10 ring tones and sounds are in BlackBerry Android according to this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1087401
    - DocsToGo: Microsoft for Android
    - BlackBerry Link? Google's cloud backup
    - BlackBerry Blend?
    - BlackBerry Protect? I believe there is an Android version already built into the OS? Correct me if I am wrong (have to download or change settings)
    - BlackBerry Device Manager? Android stock one seems to be crap compared to the BlackBerry one

General Use apps for the basic stuff? (I know some are personal preference)
    - File Manager: Asus File Manager or Solid Explorer or ES File Manager Pro, etc?
    - Browser? Chrome, Stock browser, Firefox, Opera, Brave browser, etc?
    - Music app? Stock one, BlackPlayer Neutron
    - Calendar? Use the BlackBerry pre-loaded one or another app? Business Calendar (My work calendar is through GoDaddy)
    - Calculator? Asus/Zen UI Calculator
    - BB10 Remember is that now BlackBerry Tasks and BlackBerry notes? Can I transfer my BB10 Remember to my Android BlackBerry Tasks and Notes? I use BB10 Remember all the time
    - I will be keeping my Password Keeper as it is a wonderful app and I have 112 entries
    - Torrent app? Using Flud on BB10 any other good options? tTorrent, uTorrent, Flud
    - Movie players? VLC? MX Player
    - Online radio? Been using Slacker Radio and love it
    - Clock (Timer, Stopwatch)? Stock one
    - Maps? Assuming Google Maps and I always use Waze for traffic. Here Maps
    - Weather apps? Been using BeWeather guessing that is available. Any other suggestions. Weather Timeline Weather Network
    - Camera? Do you have to use the stock one or are their better options?
    - Picture and video editing? LOVE the BB10 one is there a good stock one or something else to download? Stock one
    - Picture viewing? For pictures go with F-Stop. you have to pay for it, but that's the best you're going to get. Alternatively there's Quickpic, but the original owner sold the app to Cheetah Mobile and it became bloatware. However there's versions of Quickpic (version 4.5.2) that's out there as an APK file that was before the bad changes happened to the app. It's free too.

Thank you for any input, suggestions and comments. I'll try to update this post the best I can. Let me know if there is any other topics that you would like added.
    Last edited by brian4591; 01-30-17 at 05:57 PM.
    Kot Prada and Leslie Armitage like this.
    11-12-16 03:34 PM
    For content transfer, you mail would carry over automatically when you log in on the new device. Same for contacts and calendar generally when they are in the cloud. For texts you will need to either try and pray content transfer app works or find a dedicated one that works with bb10.

File manager: solid works well
    Chrome works fantastic, cant find any better IMO
    i like business calendar for my app. Very good features and design

There is some starting suggestions for you
    Last edited by howarmat; 11-12-16 at 05:37 PM.
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-12-16 04:16 PM
    I second the Solid Explorer and the Business Calendar suggestions... regarding the music app, I am using BlackPlayer, minimalist... I was about to get the Amp Music Player but I don't have any complaint with the BlackPlayer so far...
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-12-16 05:27 PM
    I guess, You will not find "sms to answer calling", LED customization or BB keyboard equivalation.
    11-13-16 06:22 AM
    The blackberry keyboard for android is pretty good with the swipe up. Password keeper is also great. The hub is also working fine. Just wish I could delete some of the apps by Google that I won't use ie hangouts etc. Also use Firefox now instead of chrome so I can sync with the desktop pc bookmarks etc.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-13-16 06:49 AM
    You can't delete system apps but you can disable them. Once disable they will no longer appear in the app drawer or updated by the Play store.
    Note: It is better to reactivate app that are disable before doing a system update to avoid problems.
    11-13-16 07:33 AM
    The Google apps I have disabled are still in the apps drawer. Strange thing happened this morning as I was using the phone via my home WiFi and it needed a charge when I plugged it in the phone went straight to the playstore and updated my apps without asking
    11-13-16 12:42 PM
    What apps did you disable and which one are still showing in the drawer? Did you disable them through system settings?
    I disable the system calendar as I use Google calendar, I no longer see it in the drawer and in the system app setting I can locate it under disable apps.
    11-13-16 03:11 PM
    Added some more app types to get input on:

- Torrent app? Using Flud on BB10 any other good options?
    - Movie players? VLC?
    - Calculator? Stock one or is there something better?
    - Maps? Assuming Google Maps and I always use Waze for traffic
    - Weather apps? Been using BeWeather guessing that is available. Any other suggestions

Haven't had any input on:
    BB10 features; Bedtime Mode (I believe there was a post about this when the Priv came out) or Text response when on a call (for incoming second line calls ex. "I'll call you back in a minute")
    Last edited by brian4591; 11-14-16 at 12:47 AM.
    11-13-16 03:18 PM
    More:

- Picture and video editing? LOVE the BB10 one is there a good stock one or something else to download?
    11-13-16 03:25 PM
    For those using business calendar app is there a way to disable the stock calendar in the hub notification?
    11-13-16 03:34 PM
    AFAIK, no... would be great though...

For those using business calendar app is there a way to disable the stock calendar in the hub notification?
    11-13-16 03:45 PM
    Good to know I'm not the only one who can't figure this out
    11-13-16 03:49 PM
    Added some more app types to get input on:

- Torrent app? Using Flud on BB10 any other good options?
    - Movie players? VLC?
    - Calculator? Stock one or is there something better?
    - Maps? Assuming Google Maps and I always use Waze for traffic
    - Weather apps? Been using BeWeather guessing that is available. Any other suggestions

Haven't had any input on:
    BB10 features; Bedtime Mode (I believe there was a post about this when the Priv came out) or Text response when on a call (for incoming second line calls ex. "I'll call you back in a minute")
    Torrent apps: tTorrent, �Torrent, Flud
    Maps: Google Maps, Here maps
    Weather: Weather Timeline
    Video player: MX player
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-13-16 03:52 PM
    I disabled hangouts and Google play movies and tv via settings but they are still in the apps drawer. Not concerned about this but would like to remove what I don't use.
    11-13-16 04:20 PM
    If you're personal privacy is important to you then use Firefox over Chrome.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 04:36 PM
    I have tried Firefox but I find it noticeable slower than Chrome... several seconds delay... for that reason I haven't dumped the latter...

If you're personal privacy is important to you then use Firefox over Chrome.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 04:49 PM
    Text messages transfered with content transfer from a Z30 to Priv.
    Downloading BlackBerry Ring tones will add led colors.
    Opera for browser with the opera VPN app works well.
    Lots of people like solid explorer but I prefer ES file explorer pro.
    brian4591 and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-13-16 05:05 PM
    +1 for solid explorer. Very happy with it so far.
    11-13-16 07:20 PM
    Unanswered topics:
    What apps should I get to help recreate my BB10 experience?
    - Bedtime mode?
    - Text response option during phone calls
    - BlackBerry Link?
    - BlackBerry Blend?

General Use apps for the basic stuff? (I know some are personal preference)
    - BB10 Remember is that now BlackBerry Tasks and BlackBerry notes? Can I transfer my BB10 Remember to my Android BlackBerry Tasks and Notes? I use BB10 Remember all the time
    - Clock (Timer, Stopwatch)?
    - Weather apps? Been using BeWeather guessing that is available. Any other suggestions. Weather Timeline
    - Picture and video editing? LOVE the BB10 one is there a good stock one or something else to download?

Any other suggested topics?
    Last edited by brian4591; 11-14-16 at 12:45 AM.
    11-14-16 12:08 AM
    - Clock (Timer, Stopwatch)?]
    The default Google clock should work: alarm, timer, stopwatch, world clock.
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-14-16 12:11 AM
    Downloading BlackBerry Ring tones will add led colors.
    Opera for browser with the opera VPN app works well.
    Lots of people like solid explorer but I prefer ES file explorer pro.

Is this for real that you will get BlackBerry LED colours? I would have thought with a red only Notification light this would not be possible.

If it is possible it would make a lot of people happy.
    11-14-16 03:32 AM
    Downloading BlackBerry Ring tones will add led colors..
    Don't think so. The led is one color not multi coloured. If so please show
    11-14-16 04:38 AM
    brian4591, just get Your Passport back (seems, it's easier)
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-14-16 05:34 AM
    THANK YOU for creating a thread like this!!! This needs to be a sticky!!!

I have 5 family members who all use BlackBerry, including myself, and I we are all looking at transitioning to DTEK60 or the *fingers crossed* upcoming keyboard version. I'm the "tech guy" of the family, so they're all waiting for me to pull the trigger, but I want to make the transition as smooth as possible.
    brian4591 likes this.
    11-14-16 07:08 AM
61 123