I am guessing the bigger problem is that corporations don't want to pay more for the secret sauce.
    I certainly wouldn't!

I wouldn't want to explain to my boss why I'd paid an extra hundred bucks per phone - a third more! - for a bunch of phones that are already likely to be secured via the company's MDM. That meeting would be what my army buddies would call "a short meeting, without coffee".
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-06-16 04:24 PM
    BlackBerry to Launch DTEK 50 and DTEK 60 on Nov 7:

November 6, 2016

BlackBerry is all set to launch its latest Android phones- DTEK 50 and DTEK 60 in India on November 7, Monday. The Canadian tech giant is hosting an event in New Delhi on Monday where the company will unveil the Android smartphones.
    11-06-16 04:31 PM
    Which is good news, but doesn't invalidate OP's post.

If I'd paid TCL for a load of phones, I'd be keen to see if I could sell as many of them as I could in all the markets where I thought I was strong.

No Indian carriers mentioned I notice... so presumably the direct sales continue.
    11-06-16 04:39 PM

If I'd paid TCL for a load of phones, I'd be keen to see if I could sell as many of them as I could in all the markets where I thought I was strong.

Oh, for sure. 20k phones. Your tax write-off would have paid more.
    11-06-16 04:41 PM
    Oh, for sure. 20k phones. Your tax write-off would have paid more.
    Read OP's post more carefully... TCL made loads of D50's ... implicitly lots more ... The 20k D60's are just the minimum order TCL insisted that BB accept. The D60's aren't the issue.

I wonder how many D50's BB has to sell?
    11-06-16 04:46 PM
    Why are many shocked by these numbers?
    BlackBerry sold only from 100k to 500k Android phones in more than a year!
    Many of us have really missed watching BlackBerry ERs recently LOL.
    11-06-16 04:48 PM
    What a mess. So they basically threw in the towel at some point after PRIV flopped, and to add insult to injury, they got stuck with all these DTEKs even THEY don't even want? Wow! They must be wishing they had put BB10 on the PRIV. They could have at least gone down with a shred of dignity left instead of investing all that cash into BlackBerry Android aka BlackBerry black hole part deux. Lol.
    11-06-16 04:48 PM
    What a mess. So they basically threw in the towel at some point after PRIV flopped, and to add insult to injury, they got stuck with all these DTEKs even THEY don't even want? Wow! They must be wishing they had put BB10 on the PRIV. They could have at least gone down with a shred of dignity left instead of investing all that time and effort into BlackBerry Android. Lol.
    People loved BlackBerry because of their software. Very few are interested in BlackBerry hardware with Android.
    At least numbers proved that. BB10 devices are still outselling Android phones.
    11-06-16 04:51 PM
    Kind of a sad end really. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it's all a bit anti-climatic.
    Of course I'm sure you meant *anti-climactic* ;-)
    JeepBB and zephyr613 like this.
    11-06-16 04:54 PM
    What a mess. So they basically threw in the towel at some point
    And such is the charm of CrackBerry these days
    La Emperor and Corbu like this.
    11-06-16 04:56 PM
    At lease the android bb's will have apps lol
    11-06-16 05:02 PM
    I'd tend to agree with this statement *
    Bla1ze said there were "marketing" reasons behind the delayed release. Did he ever expand upon that?
    11-06-16 05:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure we can put a lot of stock in a friend of a guy whose trying to help our community with inside knowledge. One post and just signed up today...I don't see anything odd there...do you? Go join the iPhone forum I'm sure they would love to hear some insight from Tim Cook's friends.
    Anilu7 and brian4591 like this.
    11-06-16 05:33 PM
    [Info] Everyone who used the word "troll" in their post gets a pass this once. We have rules about that, in case anyone forgot.[/info]

[WARN]Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/WARN]
    Anilu7 and John Albert like this.
    11-06-16 06:04 PM
    Everyone who tracked Shopblackberry inventory, will realize that BlackBerry couldn't sell over 200 DTEK50 units in 30 days.
    I wonder how you do that...

And the OP, come on guys. 1 post and you just believe everything he/she said?
    11-06-16 06:06 PM
    People loved BlackBerry because of their software. Very few are interested in BlackBerry hardware with Android.
    Baloney. BB10 was a flop. So it seems was BlackBerry Android. Nothing to do with the hardware whatsoever, except perhaps price point for said hardware relative to the competition. Yes, I agree there are still BB10 customers out there. But to say it is due to software seems a tad ironic given that literally millions have jumped ship because of it (and only it).
    11-06-16 06:11 PM
    The problem was not enough people ever bought BB10. Separate from Android, BB10 was a failure, a shareholder equity losing mistake of epic proportions.
    11-06-16 06:15 PM
    Read OP's post more carefully... TCL made loads of D50's ... implicitly lots more ... The 20k D60's are just the minimum order TCL insisted that BB accept. The D60's aren't the issue.

I wonder how many D50's BB has to sell?
    Who is the OP and what's the source? This poster isn't a credible one unless they have a track record. If this were Bla1ze then I'd take it seriously. This? Not a chance.
    11-06-16 06:20 PM
    If true, it still doesn't change the fact that DTEK60 is a great device. Albeit one with zero future.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 06:24 PM
    Who is the OP and what's the source? This poster isn't a credible one unless they have a track record. If this were Bla1ze then I'd take it seriously. This? Not a chance.
    1 post, joins in November , posts 3 hours ago and no rebuttal. I'll assume there is no validity in the original post until we here otherwise.
    11-06-16 06:28 PM
    I still see people using bb0s7 phones. That's the problems. Blackberry customers don't support like IOS and Samsung customers do. People are worried about a 10.3 or some bb10 update. Smh. It's an apple android world. Time to let go. 🤔😒🙄
    11-06-16 06:39 PM
    I guess the originating post is plausible. Sad but it would not surprise me if true. No one I have talked to over the past while has an inkling that Blackberry has put out the DTEK 50 and 60 so it could be based on a true conversation. But if so, what a bummer!
    John Albert likes this.
    11-06-16 06:44 PM
    Pix or it's a hoax

Bye
    11-06-16 06:44 PM
48 12