How? It was rated one of the best by DXOMark.
    DXOMark scoring has become like getting a gold star in school.
    howarmat and JeepBB like this.
    10-10-16 07:34 PM
    What's wrong with that? You got a gold star in school because it was earned lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-16 08:43 PM
    Maybe so but it is one of the few true sites that provides on depth reviews of phone cameras.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-10-16 09:06 PM
    It has the same score as an LG G4 - considered one of the best from last year.
    I believe it was the same as the iPhone 6s and 6 plus?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Attachment 409842
    Last edited by Amritv; 10-10-16 at 10:46 PM.
    10-10-16 09:38 PM
    Double post
    Attached Thumbnails TCL 950 review-img_20161011_081559.png  
    10-10-16 10:45 PM
    What's wrong with that? You got a gold star in school because it was earned lol

Yeah, that's what my Mom told me too then I grew up and became wise to their antics.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-11-16 12:08 AM
    Yeah, that's what my Mom told me too then I grew up and became wise to their antics.
    I think we need a 'haha' button here as well like Facebook

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-11-16 12:29 AM
    Maybe so but it is one of the few true sites that provides on depth reviews of phone cameras.
    Indeed, awesome and usually complete analysis which is long and an incredible read....

All of which won't help you one single bit in taking a great photo if the conditions are not right lol.
    10-11-16 12:31 AM
    Can some quote the post on the first page... 😂

10-11-16 07:15 AM
    Lol the privs cameras are the worst compared to pretty much all smartphones

Not my Priv, I have taken many good shots and have even used many of them in the documentation I produce for commercial clients, in a lot of the cases, the images where better then the ones from my iPhone 6S.
    gebco likes this.
    10-11-16 07:22 AM
    Yeah, the camera was a little slow at first but got much better with updates. If you now compare pictures taken on a PRIV with ones from an iPhone 6s you almost certainly won't be able to tell which one is which - at worst. At best, though, you will even prefer the PRIV ones. It's such a shame that the camera wasn't like that when all the initial reviews were done.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-11-16 07:29 AM
    Lol idk about other places but in my school it was basically get good grades = gold star.

Have a good camera = good dxo rating. I don't see why that's a bad thing.

It's a good quantitative measurement to know where a smartphone camera stands.

10-11-16 06:34 PM
    Lol idk about other places but in my school it was basically get good grades = gold star.

Have a good camera = good dxo rating. I don't see why that's a bad thing.

It's a good quantitative measurement to know where a smartphone camera stands.

If it matters to you, great. You do you.
    10-11-16 06:55 PM
    This looks like a good phone. Deciding to get this or the dtek 50 to go along with my iPhone. I have the priv but I think it's time for a change.

10-12-16 09:13 AM
    How? It was rated one of the best by DXOMark.
    I agree.

"DXOMark" rates both the Priv and ATL950 (i.e. DTEK60) cameras at 82/100 (very good).

The few phone cameras that do better are only the most recent new phones: the iPhone7, the HTC10, and the Galaxy S7 Edge. They all rate from 86 to 88/100 according to DXOMark.

Most other cellphone cams are rated as inferior.
    10-30-16 01:46 PM
    Yeah, the camera was a little slow at first but got much better with updates. If you now compare pictures taken on a PRIV with ones from an iPhone 6s you almost certainly won't be able to tell which one is which - at worst. At best, though, you will even prefer the PRIV ones. It's such a shame that the camera wasn't like that when all the initial reviews were done.
    I have the Priv, and the photos from the 18MP camera are fantastic! The selfie 2MP camera are mediocre.
    10-30-16 01:48 PM
    I have the Priv, and the photos from the 18MP camera are fantastic! The selfie 2MP camera are mediocre.
    I have the Priv, and the photos from the 18MP camera are great!
    I have the Priv, and the photos it produces are great!
    10-30-16 01:49 PM
    Not my Priv, I have taken many good shots and have even used many of them in the documentation I produce for commercial clients, in a lot of the cases, the images where better then the ones from my iPhone 6S.
    Yes, the Priv produces fantastic pics!
    10-30-16 01:49 PM
    Thanks, that's good to know!
    10-30-16 01:50 PM
    Indeed, awesome and usually complete analysis which is long and an incredible read....

All of which won't help you one single bit in taking a great photo if the conditions are not right lol.
    Yeah, but it's still good to have an objective metric with which one can make comparison across different models.
    10-30-16 01:52 PM
47 12