I have a T Mobile sim from a Priv and I am able to use Wifi calling. I am showing band 4 here in Northwest Indiana.
    11-03-16 02:01 PM
    I'm confused.
    That's nice to here VoLTE is supported on the DTEK60.

Two quick questions.

1. Is your sim card from a previously activated T-mobile Priv or new sim?

I just got off the Phone with Blackberry support supervisor regarding the DTEK 60 with some conflicting information.

1. Engineers say it might work but not guaranteed.

2. There are currently NO negotiations for certifying or whitelisting the DTEK series.

I did get caught on the DTEK50, sent it back. Would by the 60 if full functionality sticks.
    Mine was since last year when I bought iPhone 6S. Then used the same sim until I got BlackBerry PRIV last January and then I moved forward to BlackBerry DTEK60 with the same sim card.
    11-03-16 02:08 PM
    Excellent. Unfortunately, not any Band 12 coverage to be found in Northwest Indiana, or really in most of the northern part of the state. Band 12 falls under US Cellular in the Fort Wayne and Michiana areas, and It think it's AT&T in the Central Time counties. Here in the Indianapolis area Band 12 is lit up, coverage is pretty good.

Looking forward to testing more in rural Michigan where there are Band 12-only areas.
    11-03-16 02:11 PM
    So glad I found this thread... great to hear that everything seems to be working with your 60s on TMo... I am considering getting it (from a Priv) and obviously full network service is a key reason, since the Priv has no issues regarding that... I am in Atlanta, GA and even when no one has chimed in from that area (either confirming or denying it) I think it's safe to think that the same result is expected... thanks a lot and enjoy your phones!
    Last edited by gallopiton; 11-03-16 at 03:42 PM.
    11-03-16 02:33 PM
    Here is my experience with WiFi calling working on the DTEK60. Mine is a brand new T-Mobile SIM card activated 4 days ago (last BB device I had on T-Mobile was a 9900).

Whenever I spoke with T-Mobile on the phone they would either 1) not guarantee compatibility or 2) say it wouldn't work. I figured I woudl give it a chance anyone, and everything worked just fine.

In the case of the DTEK50, I wonder if something at the software level in the additions/improvements made by BB might be causing the WiFi calling issue. That is a 100% guess by the way -- I have never used the DTEK50.
    On the DTEK50, the option to enable Wi-Fi calling is not even there. No option, at all. The DTEK60 seems to be a step in the right direction. I'm just fearful about the lack of knowledge coming from both sides, BlackBerry and TMO USA. Neither one seems to know, for sure, if WFC and Band 12 will or won't work. Seems like it will and I'm about to jump in...
    11-03-16 03:18 PM
    It's certainly working for now -- the only thing that would concern me is if the IMEIs are restricted from these services later on, but I doubt that would happens since it almost sounds like the issue on the DTEK50 might be a software one, if the WiFi calling option isn't even showing up on the device.
    11-03-16 03:37 PM
    Just got this response from TMobile tweeter help.

I did some additional research and it is expected for that device to function on VoLTE as well as WiFi calling and with awesome features like that, this device will definitely be a hot item.
    11-04-16 10:52 AM
    Agreed, this would be a welcomed device for TMO. VoLTE and band 12 is import in several areas (my area included).

At least you received a semi-positive response from TMO.

I also wonder if the hardware support from T-Mobile is related to the Idol 4s Windows version of the TL950, launching on the 10th.

For OS updates, I believe Blackberry, Google, and the latest WP10 are the only direct to phone players.

Would pull the trigger if TMO would confirm that it won't try to block the device in the future.
    11-04-16 12:56 PM
    Good to hear that everyone is getting on the same page when it comes to this.
    11-04-16 12:56 PM

Would pull the trigger if TMO would confirm that it won't try to block the device in the future.
    Why would they block it?
    11-04-16 03:53 PM
    Obviously it works, but they wont confirm it now or in the future.
    There has been some tensions between the two companies.
    I think it would benefit both companies if they make a positive statement on the matter, especially if it pulls in new customers from other carriers and increases sales in the US. Market share is the name of the game...
    11-04-16 05:21 PM
    John L. is an Apple fan.
    11-05-16 10:17 AM
    John L. is an Apple fan.
    And little john is anti-carrier...
    11-05-16 10:51 AM
    I can confirm Wi-Fi Calling is NOT working for me. I have called T-Mobile and a service ticket has been generated. I get a "REG99" code when it's not saying "enabling" on the Wi-Fi Calling page. I'm beyond upset. I do have 4GLTE, no issues there.

So love this phone. Powerful. Well beyond my Priv. I would consider it night and day difference. Beautiful screen. Lightweight and thin. It makes my Priv look bulky and old. Voice quality is excellent. I have no issues with sound notifications like some others but there is an app called audio maxx that was included with the phone. Haven't messed with it but I'm wondering if it addresses these issues? I'm praying my Wi-Fi Calling issue gets sorted because I love this phone. I can't even consider going back to the Priv even though WFC isn't working. Camera for the limited amount of pictures I've taken is on par with the Priv.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile US and Band 12-5996.jpg  
    11-20-16 12:12 PM
    I can confirm Wi-Fi Calling is NOT working for me. I have called T-Mobile and a service ticket has been generated. I get a "REG99" code when it's not saying "enabling" on the Wi-Fi Calling page. I'm beyond upset. I do have 4GLTE, no issues there.

So love this phone. Powerful. Well beyond my Priv. I would consider it night and day difference. Beautiful screen. Lightweight and thin. It makes my Priv look bulky and old. Voice quality is excellent. I have no issues with sound notifications like some others but there is an app called audio maxx that was included with the phone. Haven't messed with it but I'm wondering if it addresses these issues? I'm praying my Wi-Fi Calling issue gets sorted because I love this phone. I can't even consider going back to the Priv even though WFC isn't working. Camera for the limited amount of pictures I've taken is on par with the Priv.
    Reg99 usually means you need to register some Emergency calling details on your account. Log into your T-Mobile account and give that a whirl.
    TommyBB likes this.
    11-20-16 01:05 PM
    Yep. Reg99 means the other end rejected the setup request from the phone, usually because your E911 contact info isn't in their system.
    TommyBB likes this.
    11-20-16 02:34 PM
    Reg99 usually means you need to register some Emergency calling details on your account. Log into your T-Mobile account and give that a whirl.
    Thanks guys, I'll look into it and report back. Much appreciated.
    11-20-16 02:55 PM
    Went to myt-mobile.com to check out my e911 information etc. Everything is correct.

The sim in my DTEK60 came straight out of my Priv. WFC worked flawlessly on the Priv. Does anyone think I need a new sim?

Still no WFC on the DTEK but I'm in love with this phone...
    11-21-16 09:36 AM
    Screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile US and Band 12-6018.jpg  
    11-21-16 09:39 AM
    Screenshot.
    May need to just call T-Mobile and let them know you have a new phone and give them your IMEI number (if they don't have it).....ask them to provision for WiFi calling.....
    11-21-16 09:42 AM
    My wifi calling works on Tmobile
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile US and Band 12-10275.jpg  
    11-21-16 10:54 AM
    I would just try calling T-Mobile and letting them know of the error. Wouldn't think of anything major being wrong in your case since it's working for most of us. Let us know what happens...
    11-21-16 11:52 AM
    TommyBB
    Did you ever get this working?
    11-29-16 12:34 AM
123 ... 345