I hope you're right that these things are working. If they are someone should let shop BlackBerry know that they are spreading misinformation.
    10-31-16 05:21 AM
    I hope you're right that these things are working. If they are someone should let shop BlackBerry know that they are spreading misinformation.
    Exactly!

If this is all true, then very good news... and I'll be in.

But how pathetic that johnny and his troop of super software heroes are so lame as to not even know what they're selling... and folks have to agonize over forums like this for hours on end just to figure it out.
    10-31-16 07:10 AM
    Sure would be nice to get an official confirmation of this. A simple listing on the T-Mobile approved BYOD device page would make me more comfortable spending the money.

This is especially true when according to some posts here, both ShopBlackBerry and T-Mobile have refused to say if Band 12, VoLTE, and WiFi calling would work on this phone.

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    10-31-16 07:49 AM
    No official confirmation here, but I can say that WiFi calling was still working this morning. I gave it a try before I left for work and it was all good.

Only worry at this point would be if it is blocked later on based on the IMEI, I have only had the SIM for a day or so. Here's to hoping everything keeps working as planned though.

I will say that the associates at the T-Mobile retail store were pretty certain the phone would work with Band 12, VoLTE and WiFi calling as they had seen it with other factory-unlocked devices in the past... so maybe T-Mobile doesn't like to commit to anything in writing (nor does ShopBB for that matter then) but the network is more accepting of the unlocked devices than we think.

Any questions -- let me know! I'll be home this evening and will check it out again.
    10-31-16 09:20 AM
    Can someone please confirm the following for the T-Mobile USA Network:

1. Wi-Fi Calling isor is not working.
    2. Band 12 VoLTE is or is not working.
    11-01-16 09:06 AM
    Right above your post was confirmation that both are working.
    TommyBB likes this.
    11-01-16 10:06 AM
    I can report back after 48 hours on the network that VoLTE and WiFi calling are still working.
    TommyBB likes this.
    11-01-16 11:08 AM
    We need to flood @TMOBILEHELP and @JOHNLEGREE with tweets demanding they allow BB phones on the VOLTE network, even if they do not sell or support the phones
    11-01-16 11:43 AM
    We need to flood @TMOBILEHELP and @JOHNLEGREE with tweets demanding they allow BB phones on the VOLTE network, even if they do not sell or support the phones
    The DTEK60 is working without incident, so this leaves the DTEK50 as the odd phone out for now.
    11-01-16 12:56 PM
    I was out and about today and I checked and I was on band 12
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile US and Band 12-3102.jpg  
    Charkatak, TommyBB and 00stryder like this.
    11-01-16 02:09 PM
    I can report back after 48 hours on the network that VoLTE and WiFi calling are still working.
    Can I ask you to post a screen shot of Wi-Fi calling icon on your DTEK60 please? Not that I don't believe you its just I have this DTEK50 sitting here collecting dust and I'm still burned about it not having WFC or Band 12 support. I would hate to buy the DTEK60 and get burned again.
    11-03-16 09:33 AM
    Can I ask you to post a screen shot of Wi-Fi calling icon on your DTEK60 please? Not that I don't believe you its just I have this DTEK50 sitting here collecting dust and I'm still burned about it not having WFC or Band 12 support. I would hate to buy the DTEK60 and get burned again.
    I'm not on WiFi right now, but trust me it has been working since I first put a SIM in the phone on Sunday.

I'll post a picture later on.
    11-03-16 09:58 AM
    I'm not on WiFi right now, but trust me it has been working since I first put a SIM in the phone on Sunday.

I'll post a picture later on.
    How did the Tmo wifi calling app get on the phone? Did it come with an update? Or were you able to download it?
    11-03-16 11:19 AM
    It's built in the software, not an app
    11-03-16 11:48 AM
    How did the Tmo wifi calling app get on the phone? Did it come with an update? Or were you able to download it?
    No app needed anymore, the days of needing a separate buggy app that doesn't hand off to cellular is no more. It's baked right into Android. Settings >> More >> Cellular Network >> Wi-Fi Calling Menu. This may be hidden without a SIM in, or may not be available with a non-T-Mobile SIM, but with the T-Mobile SIM inserted the menu functions just fine. Posting pics in next post.
    11-03-16 11:51 AM
    T-Mobile US and Band 12-wificallingmenu.jpgT-Mobile US and Band 12-wificallingnotification.jpg
    TommyBB and 00stryder like this.
    11-03-16 11:55 AM
    Here it is on my BlackBerry DTEK60 setting. I am on T-Mobile network.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile US and Band 12-930.jpg  
    TommyBB and 00stryder like this.
    11-03-16 12:03 PM
    Here it is on my BlackBerry DTEK60 setting. I am on T-Mobile network.
    Congrats Man!
    11-03-16 12:07 PM
    Also Voice over LTE is there. I think it works on Band 12. I could be wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile US and Band 12-931.jpg  
    TommyBB likes this.
    11-03-16 12:09 PM
    Congrats Man!
    Thanks Usman Bhai. 😀
    11-03-16 12:10 PM
    I'm confused.
    That's nice to here VoLTE is supported on the DTEK60.

Two quick questions.

1. Is your sim card from a previously activated T-mobile Priv or new sim?

I just got off the Phone with Blackberry support supervisor regarding the DTEK 60 with some conflicting information.

1. Engineers say it might work but not guaranteed.

2. There are currently NO negotiations for certifying or whitelisting the DTEK series.

I did get caught on the DTEK50, sent it back. Would by the 60 if full functionality sticks.
    11-03-16 12:10 PM
    My WiFi calling images should show up here eventually too... I forgot to put any text in with the images, so it's awaiting moderation right now.

My pics are in post 91.

I did drag down the notification bar to show the persistent notification I have turned on for WiFi calling status and to verify that T-Mobile is indeed the network...
    11-03-16 12:12 PM
    As far as DTEK50 vs 60, the 60 is using the Qualcom 800 series chip, same as PRIV. 50 is running the 600 series.
    11-03-16 12:14 PM
    I'm confused.
    That's nice to here VoLTE is supported on the DTEK60.

Two quick questions.

1. Is your sim card from a previously activated T-mobile Priv or new sim?

I just got off the Phone with Blackberry support supervisor regarding the DTEK 60 with some conflicting information.

1. Engineers say it might work but not guaranteed.

2. There are currently NO negotiations for certifying or whitelisting the DTEK series.

I did get caught on the DTEK50, sent it back. Would by the 60 if full functionality sticks.
    Here is my experience with WiFi calling working on the DTEK60. Mine is a brand new T-Mobile SIM card activated 4 days ago (last BB device I had on T-Mobile was a 9900).

Whenever I spoke with T-Mobile on the phone they would either 1) not guarantee compatibility or 2) say it wouldn't work. I figured I woudl give it a chance anyone, and everything worked just fine.

In the case of the DTEK50, I wonder if something at the software level in the additions/improvements made by BB might be causing the WiFi calling issue. That is a 100% guess by the way -- I have never used the DTEK50.
    11-03-16 12:15 PM
    My WiFi calling images should show up here eventually too... I forgot to put any text in with the images, so it's awaiting moderation right now.
    Got it
    11-03-16 12:15 PM
123 ... 2345