That does not work
    10-29-16 08:14 PM
    Yes it is. It is chen's anti-carrier antics that refuse to follow the procedures that every other hand set maker is willing to follow if they want their phones to work.
    Did you see the promotion from tmobile about the pixel? Do you think Google paid tmobile to test band 12 or wifi calling?
    10-29-16 08:29 PM
    Did you see the promotion from tmobile about the pixel? Do you think Google paid tmobile to test band 12 or wifi calling?
    I would say with the Pixel there's a good chance that they didn't want to miss out on the business, so perhaps they absorbed some of the monetary burden on their own.
    10-29-16 08:32 PM
    I would say with the Pixel there's a good chance that they didn't want to miss out on the business, so perhaps they absorbed some of the monetary burden on their own.
    Some? The Pixel is only carried at Verizon, Google is not going to pay tmobile to test anything, Tmobile just blacklist any device that they don't sell
    10-29-16 08:48 PM
    Pixel supports or will support T-Mobile and it's features such as Band 12, VoLTE and WiFi Calling. Same thing as Nexus 5x or 6P did.

By the way, I asked a user on Blackberry's forum about DTEK60, if it supports T-Mobile's features and user said yes, but I am trying to reconfirm that.

Here is the link to that: https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/38515
    10-30-16 12:16 AM
    Pixel works on Google's own Project Fi Service. Project Fi works in part on T-Mobile's network. So, Google did what was necessary to certify Pixel to work on T-Mobile's network.
    10-30-16 06:04 AM
    I have the Dtek60 on Tmobile. I had to make a trip south to Kentucky Friday, the area doesn't have cell service so I had to rely on wifi. When I turned on the phone and turned on wifi calling it will work for about 30 seconds unless I make a call then it will work until I hung up. But each time I wanted to make a call I had to restart my phone and wifi calling so obviously tmobile must be blocking it because my Priv and s7edge would work fine when I was in the same area.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-30-16 09:05 AM
    Well well, it looks like it may run on Band12 after all.

The MVNO SIM I have doesn't come up on WiFi calling (even on a Z10, which definitely supports it) but it WILL connect on Band12 (I know this because I've used it in a Band12 area -- northern Michigan -- in my Priv.)

I'll eventually get into a Band12 area and check it on the DTEK, but it looks like someone else already has and it's compatible. That is in fact what I expect since the switch to enable IMS and VoLTE is present in the settings when the T-Mobile SIM is in the phone, but in this area we've never had VoLTE on either T-Mobile or AT&T.
    10-30-16 09:08 AM
    Did I miss the post where someone connected on Band 12? All I read in this thread is the spotty use of WiFi calling... if it working for someone that's good news though!
    10-30-16 10:15 AM
    I live in a band 12 area. I am on ATT, my wife is on TMobile - pulled her sim and put it into the DTEK60.
    Phone connected on band 12 per LTE Discovery and I was able to successfully make a call.
    Seems like it works! would be good if others could confirm.
    HTH.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-30-16 10:21 AM
    Did the call complete over VoLTE? If so, it's a sure bet that band 12 was working...
    10-30-16 10:29 AM
    If you can tell me how to verify, I can run another test later today.
    10-30-16 10:31 AM
    When on a call the signal would still show as "LTE," if it's dropping down from band 12 to show H+, H, or 3G the call isn't completing over LTE... no big deal, just curious as I am sure others are too!
    10-30-16 10:38 AM
    And for what it's worth, I am going to be back in Indianapolis this afternoon. I plan to stop by T-Mobile and sign up for service since I'm relocating in a month or so anyway, might as well change carriers, get a new local number for work, etc... so I'll have some details to report later.
    10-30-16 10:46 AM
    If you can tell me how to verify, I can run another test later today.
    Go into the phone's settings for cellular, make sure that both VoLTE and IMS toggles (there are two) are ON.

Make a call. If the indicator on the front of the phone STAYS on LTE (does NOT drop back to "4g" without the LTE indicator or to either EDGE or GSM, or disappear entirely) then you are on VoLTE.

You can also use one of the various apps that queries phone state during the call but those are unnecessary; LTE service without VoLTE will not remain in LTE mode when a call is placed since it cannot handle voice and thus is force-downgraded.
    10-30-16 11:07 AM
    I set up a new account with T-Mobile today, got my nano SIM and got out of there.

They did not get the IMEI for the DTEK60, instead saying that the system would grab it in the next 24 hours or so.

VoLTE is working without issue, leading me to think that band 12 is indeed working. Admittedly, I am not sure if VoLTE is deployed across other bands or not.

I will test WiFi calling when I get home and update
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-30-16 01:38 PM
    If VoLTE works on one band it will almost-certainly work on all, which means Band12 is probably operational.
    10-30-16 02:00 PM
    OK - Ran another test with Tmobile sim.

1) verified band 12 connected with LTE Discovery
    2) checked phone settings - VoLTE and IMS are toggled ON
    3) phone stayed on 4G LTE while on a call.

Looks like the phone is working on Tmobile Band 12 and VoLTE.
    The phone might be a keeper if the AT&T hotspot issue gets worked out and I can figure out how to assign unique SMS sounds by contact.
    10-30-16 02:19 PM
    SMS sounds requires a different SMS app UNLESS you have a conversation going. You can set a different sound for a conversation, but not for a contact.

Yes, I know, stupid.
    10-30-16 02:25 PM

The phone might be a keeper if the AT&T hotspot issue gets worked out and I can figure out how to assign unique SMS sounds by contact.
    Thanks for checking. I can pull trigger now!
    10-30-16 02:26 PM
    T-Mobile WiFi calling is also working, just got home and gave it a test.

I'm not a huge fan of VoLTE or WiFi calling personally but will keep them enabled for now while it's not my daily driver. I must say that on single phone call on VoLTE the call quality was better than I remember with early VoLTE on AT&T.

So for now everything is good to go. Just hope that services aren't blocked going forward.
    10-30-16 02:33 PM
    FYI -- on my end mobile hotspot is also working just fine on T-Mobile, so from what I can tell this one is a keeper for T-Mobile customers -- and AT&T customers for that matter as long as the WiFi hotspot issue gets figured out.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-30-16 04:01 PM
    Yeah, Hotspot was known to be ok in my testing on T-Mobile; it's just on AT&T.

I suspect it's an error on their part rather than intentional obstruction, but it's hard to know. In any event I have a workaround but for others it's something to be aware of until it's sorted out.
    10-30-16 04:24 PM

For #2 the settings for VoLTe and IMS were there on DTEK50 phone, but VoLTE didn't work. Can you confirm that phone does have VoLTE during call?
    10-30-16 07:30 PM
    It has been working for me all day. I am currently on a WiFi call that took me outside and back inside again. Transition to VoLTE and back again was without incident. Some bugginess with WiFi calling when I'm in the house, but I've never had perfect luck with it.

VolTE on the other hand is working 100% fine so far.

Only been about 8 hours for me.
    10-30-16 08:37 PM
123 12345