11-13-17 08:43 PM
269 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I emailed Blackberry to begin the return due to the ATT hotspot issue. They said it was an ATT issue and not blackberry. They explained some rudimentary functions to see if it would help. If not and I insisted on returning than email back. I emailed back
    11-17-16 12:34 PM
    It is an AT&T issue -- they are intentionally blackballing it based on the IMEI of the handset.
    11-17-16 12:43 PM
    I have the no tethering and no hotspot issue but I'm also unable to get VVM like other users have stated in here. Both the AT&T VVM app fails to setup and YouMail also fails.

My plan has hotspot and VVM.

11-18-16 06:51 PM
    I never used the vvm until someone asked here. I downloaded the Att app and it setup and works fine. I still have the Hotspot issue though. It's odd the vvm issue works for some and not others.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-18-16 07:28 PM
    That's what I don't understand, how VVM service on the DTEK60 is so spotty between different users. Perhaps it's the type of plans we're using? I'm on the 10 gb Mobile Share Advantage plan myself, if that makes any difference.
    11-19-16 09:51 AM
    No, it worked on mine initially, but apparently they figured it out on the IMEI and once their system updated.. no more!
    11-19-16 10:22 AM
    I'm ready to order the Dtek60, but can't function without the Hotspot. Hope this gets resolved soon.
    11-19-16 10:47 AM
    I'm ready to order the Dtek60, but can't function without the Hotspot. Hope this gets resolved soon.
    This is an issue with AT&T. There are CrackBerry members here reporting that hotspot works with T-Mobile just fine. Haven't heard any complaints from any of our neighbors to the north either.
    11-19-16 11:01 AM
    Yes. My shopblackberry Priv is just fine on AT&T. But AT&T did carry the Priv at one point I suppose.
    11-19-16 11:17 AM
    The cause of this may have been found..... (hearing from a back channel it may be a bogon in AT&T's back end software); will update if I learn more.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-19-16 04:37 PM
    The cause of this may have been found..... (hearing from a back channel it may be a bogon in AT&T's back end software); will update if I learn more.
    Thanks! I'll be watching for your update.
    11-19-16 06:26 PM
    I can reconfirm that mobile hotspot works fine on my DTEK60 on T-Mobile. Been using it regularly with my tablet and works like a champ.

Watching to see if a fix comes out for AT&T, but at this point I'm very happy with T- Mobile.
    11-19-16 06:39 PM
    I had to look up the meaning of "bogon". Read it. Still don't get it. Hope those AT&T engineers get it.
    11-19-16 06:44 PM
    Excellent. I really hope that Att gets this fixed.
    11-19-16 06:53 PM
    Excellent. I hope Att gets this fixed for us.
    11-19-16 06:55 PM
    I had to look up the meaning of "bogon". Read it. Still don't get it. Hope those AT&T engineers get it.
    From what I understand, it's basically a set of IP addresses that have been labeled by a particular network as "bogus" and thus blocked from access. I'm no expert though so I could be (and likely am) wrong. I wouldn't know the technical application to explain how this applies to our particular predicament.
    11-19-16 07:26 PM
    From what I understand, it's basically a set of IP addresses that have been labeled by a particular network as "bogus" and thus blocked from access. I'm no expert though so I could be (and likely am) wrong. I wouldn't know the technical application to explain how this applies to our particular predicament.
    Some jerk has labeled DTEK60s bogus!!!! Curse them!
    11-19-16 07:34 PM
    Anyone know if the DTEK50 has the same problem. If it doesn't then that would mean it's not a problem with non-Att device.
    11-19-16 09:55 PM
    Anyone know if the DTEK50 has the same problem. If it doesn't then that would mean it's not a problem with non-Att device.
    Great question!
    11-19-16 10:34 PM
    I'm fairly certain a previous poster said that it was not a problem with the DTEK50, but tickerguy has essentially stated that it's a deliberate omission of service by AT&T towards a non-AT&T device as there are other devices in a similar situation, and mobile hotspot works without issue on T-Mobile.
    11-20-16 03:42 AM
    Some jerk has labeled DTEK60s bogus!!!! Curse them!
    Without more info from tickerguy it's hard to say, but that's what it sounds like to me.
    11-20-16 03:43 AM
    I know we are on the topic of hotspotting, but does anyone know why AT&T only has a few Android devices provisioned for wifi-calling?
    11-20-16 07:27 AM
    I know we are on the topic of hotspotting, but does anyone know why AT&T only has a few Android devices provisioned for wifi-calling?
    AT&T policy is that IMS and VoLTE is only provisioned on devices they sell themselves.As for the hotspot issue what I heard yesterday is that their back-end system is mis-classifying the device as a very old Nokia phone (bad IMEI mask, I assume - the claim was it's being identified by their back-end system as a Nokia 6600 which of course has no wifi in it and thus no hotspot!) and while their front-end knows what it is this may be responsible for the problem. We'll see -- the person who passed this to me said they were supposed to correct it last night, but it doesn't look like they did.Then again AT&T has been known to lie, as have all the other carriers.... so who knows.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-20-16 08:56 AM
    AT&T policy is that IMS and VoLTE is only provisioned on devices they sell themselves.As for the hotspot issue what I heard yesterday is that their back-end system is mis-classifying the device as a very old Nokia phone (bad IMEI mask, I assume - the claim was it's being identified by their back-end system as a Nokia 6600 which of course has no wifi in it and thus no hotspot!) and while their front-end knows what it is this may be responsible for the problem. We'll see -- the person who passed this to me said they were supposed to correct it last night, but it doesn't look like they did.Then again AT&T has been known to lie, as have all the other carriers.... so who knows.
    Thanks for the update, it's good to know that there is a possible fix for this. Not sure if I can trust AT&T to deploy it, though.
    11-20-16 10:42 AM
    Good to hear there may resolution on this soon! Fingers crossed.
    11-20-16 10:46 AM
269 ... 56789 ...