I have AT&T service and on my Priv (factory unlocked, NOT an AT&T model) the hotspot works fine (it's enabled on my account, obviously.)

On the DTEK60 it is grayed out and will not activate.

Anyone else with AT&T service who has tried this, and does it work on your device?

This is clearly a provisioning issue as if I remove the SIM the option is there and I can get into it (but obviously it will not work without a SIM!) and AT&T is being their usual clueless self. Everything else is working perfectly.
    Tbtbtstj likes this.
    10-28-16 09:14 AM
    Maybe it too new... need to be whitelisted for that feature?

Toggling mobile network connection has gotten it to work before on other devices... or rebooting without and then with the SIM card. Try it while traveling on another tower...

Just have to see if others have it working.
    10-28-16 09:31 AM
    Yeah, if I put the SIM back into my Priv it works; same OS release and same menus, of course.

In the DTEK, it does not.

The DTEK, with a T-Mobile SIM, it works.

In the Priv, with either SIM, it works as well.
    10-28-16 09:46 AM
    Very odd. I haven't received my device yet but I've never had an issue with hotspot on any unlocked device, so hoping this isn't an issue. I don't use hotspot features very often, but nice to have it when needed.
    10-28-16 09:49 AM
    Neither have I; this is a new one. I've had no trouble with it on my Priv, nor on my Passport or Z10. This is a first and it appears to be intentionally being blocked by provisioning (although AT&T denies it) as when I put a T-Mobile SIM in the phone it works immediately.

Everything else -- including visual voicemail using AT&T's app -- is working perfectly.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    10-28-16 09:55 AM
    Karl, I was just about to order a couple DTEK60's when I found your message, also on AT&T so this would be a major showstopper as I need my Hotspot while on the road 7 days a week (used currently with Blackberry Z30 and couple laptops and tablets)

Have you escalated to AT&T next level, helps if your have a corporate account and the front-line customer facing team are just phone operators
    10-28-16 10:08 AM
    I'm working the issue. It's definitely provisioning related and yes, this is important to me as well.
    10-28-16 10:14 AM
    Excellent. Let us know the outcome!
    10-28-16 10:17 AM
    I would not think it would have anything to do with the DTEK60 not having AT&T's LTE Band 30....... as that's more of an expansion band used in metropolitan areas for additional bandwidth. But maybe where you are, it is necessary?
    10-28-16 11:12 AM
    I would not think it would have anything to do with the DTEK60 not having AT&T's LTE Band 30....... as that's more of an expansion band used in metropolitan areas for additional bandwidth. But maybe where you are, it is necessary?
    No, I am not in such an area (and I get very solid LTE service here.)

It's quite-clearly a provisioning issue..... we'll see how long it takes for the clowncar brigade at AT&T to get on this and fix it.

I have a workaround for my laptop in the meantime but it's laptop-specific (uses Bluetooth) so while I am ok for now this still needs addressed, obviously, for the general case.
    10-28-16 11:31 AM
    No, I am not in such an area (and I get very solid LTE service here.)

It's quite-clearly a provisioning issue..... we'll see how long it takes for the clowncar brigade at AT&T to get on this and fix it.

I have a workaround for my laptop in the meantime but it's laptop-specific (uses Bluetooth) so while I am ok for now this still needs addressed, obviously, for the general case.
    Does tethering via USB still work? Would obviously limit use to devices like laptops, etc. but at least the functionality would be there until a fix is found. Hotspot isn't a huge deal for me but definitely advantageous if available.
    10-29-16 11:30 AM
    Does anyone have dtek60 on AT&T with functioning hotspot?
    10-29-16 11:34 AM
    The entire tethering menu is grayed out.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-29-16 12:53 PM
    Would be interested to hear if anyone has this working yet. I would think that there are more AT&T users out there!
    10-29-16 04:39 PM
    BTW there is a workaround if you have Bluetooth on the target device; PDANet does work, but you have to load it with the SIM out of the phone. I bought a license many years ago and it's still valid, and since my plan explicit permits tethering I'm not violating AT&T's terms of service by using it.
    10-29-16 05:13 PM
    Looks like there are compromises whether you choose AT&T or T-mobile then. I've never had an issue with hotspot on any unlocked device on AT&T since the Mobile Share plans launched a few years ago.

Worst case I may just give T-mobile a shot with a prepaid SIM, see how coverage has improved before making the DTEK my daily driver.
    10-29-16 05:54 PM
    Have you asked AT&T about this? Is it provisioned per device or would all DTEK60 have it enabled at the same time?
    10-29-16 07:13 PM
    One thing I hadn't thought of earlier... does AT&T know the new IMEI? Granted they would figure it out eventually just from using the network, but nonetheless an odd issue.
    10-29-16 07:24 PM
    I had the Priv imei in there originally so yeah that doesn't work
    10-29-16 08:14 PM
    I had the Priv imei in there originally so yeah that doesn't work
    Very weird indeed. I am traveling this weekend so I haven't messed with my DTEK60 yet. Looks like there are tradeoffs with both carriers at this point then.
    10-29-16 08:34 PM
    Hear anything more on the hotspot issue?
    10-30-16 10:53 AM
    No.

As I noted above I have a workaround, so it's not critical for me but there IS a ticket open on it with AT&T. They have not gotten back to me yet which isn't all that surprising since it's the weekend and it was escalated; that group might not work on the weekends.
    10-30-16 11:04 AM
    I called AT&T this evening and they routed me to advanced BlackBerry support. He said their system shows my phone is provisioned for hotspot, and we tried a couple of things, but no go.

He ended up creating a support ticket to have this looked into in there global support group, and said since this phone is so new, there could be an issue that requires an update. I said the CrackBerry forum noted that another company's sim card works, so the feature can work.

Suggest others call AT&T support as well so the keep this issue hot.
    10-30-16 09:05 PM
    Hotspot doesn't work on mine either. I was on phone with ATT for an hour tonight troubleshooting. The tech said mostly the same as y'all however they asked me to take it to a corporate store to do further troubleshooting. I really need this feature as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 09:12 PM
    Wow -- hopefully this gets worked out pretty soon. Seems kind of random for a relatively generic Android device to suddenly have issues with mobile hotspot. Fingers crossed!
    10-30-16 09:56 PM
269 123 ...