Same here...installed update and Hotspot is working!
    Is this only fixed on Beta build? This fix has me ready to buy the DTEK60, but I'd rather wait for the Christmas sale where they'll probably knock down $50.
    12-05-16 11:09 PM
    squeak wheel get the oil... finally. many thanks for all that made big noise. It really helps. thanks again.
    00stryder and jamesharmeling like this.
    12-06-16 07:22 AM
    I would like to officially thank everybody that dealt with this and especially those who contacted Blackberry and ATT to get this resolved. I was going to order the DTEK 60 about a month ago but had to hold off until I saw this thread. I'm really happy that there has been a fix for this because I frequently need hotspot for my job. I will be ordering my new DTEK 60 this week now... thank you again!!
    00stryder and jamesharmeling like this.
    12-06-16 07:53 AM
    So basically some of you people blamed AT&T for a BlackBerry problem saying AT&T blacklisted blah blah complain about them when essentially it was a BlackBerry software issue the entire time? It's funny how no one said "oops, I guess I was wrong..."

Posted via Commodore 64
    12-06-16 09:57 AM
    Thankfully this issue finally got resolved. Hopefully it is all straightened out now. A big thank you to all of the others who kept after this issue. Good to see our voices were heard.
    12-06-16 10:07 AM
    So basically some of you people blamed AT&T for a BlackBerry problem saying AT&T blacklisted blah blah complain about them when essentially it was a BlackBerry software issue the entire time? It's funny how no one said "oops, I guess I was wrong..."

Posted via Commodore 64
    I had this thought as well....although i am not prepared to conclude which party, Blackberry or AT&T, was at fault. I would just love to know what the problem was. Just out of curiosity.
    Last edited by Centerman66; 12-08-16 at 07:57 PM.
    12-06-16 10:59 AM

Posted via Commodore 64
    One thing to consider in your statement is ATT basically admitted they were blocking the Hotspot feature. While we may never know the exact truth it is worth noting. I was told this by a couple of their tech support people and apparently so were others. I have a feeling it was an intentional dragging of the feet to prove a point.
    12-06-16 12:10 PM

Posted via Commodore 64
    That's like blaming Linksys or your favorite router manufacturer for issuing a firmware update that corrects a connectivity issue that's specific to Comcast or Bell, etc. If it was universal then yes, but it works just fine on T-Mo, and plenty of Android devices have run into similar issues on multiple carriers. Just because BlackBerry listened to us and found a way to fix it doesn't mean that the issue was theirs to begin with.
    Centerman66 likes this.
    12-06-16 01:42 PM
    That's like blaming Linksys or your favorite router manufacturer for issuing a firmware update that corrects a connectivity issue that's specific to Comcast or Bell, etc. If it was universal then yes, but it works just fine on T-Mo, and plenty of Android devices have run into similar issues on multiple carriers. Just because BlackBerry listened to us and found a way to fix it doesn't mean that the issue was theirs to begin with.
    This. It was AT&T who was stonewalling and said as much in their responses to my FCC complaint. Not a BlackBerry issue when the features work fine on other services.
    00stryder and jlinc like this.
    12-06-16 02:11 PM
    Boys and girls, let it be known that today's (December's) update solved the issue. I downloaded it and now the mobile hotspot and tethering option is available and working. Please spread the word so that other would-be-owners can feel free to buy the DTEK60, which is an awesome unit, and let's continue to support BlackBerry!
    12-07-16 12:21 PM
    Boys and girls, let it be known that today's (December's) update solved the issue. I downloaded it and now the mobile hotspot and tethering option is available and working. Please spread the word so that other would-be-owners can feel free to buy the DTEK60, which is an awesome unit, and let's continue to support BlackBerry!
    Haha yeah we noticed (see above). But welcome to CB and congrats!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-07-16 02:51 PM
    Well, I'm glad it's fixed for everyone -- as I noted I ported out last week, but it wasn't over this issue. Nonetheless it's good to know that if I have reason to come back at some point the option is there.

Incidentally, is anyone on Cricket with this and does WiFi Calling and Hotspot work on there with the changes?
    00stryder and stlabrat like this.
    12-08-16 05:50 PM
    Just confirming

If I purchase from ShopBlackBerry Online a new DTek60 and walk into an ATT store for the SIM

1. .... first update software over a WIFI
    2. .... or just start using phone with ATT and update later
    3. .... or it does not matter

Hotspot will work in any case and that was what I waited for as I need it daily for tablets and laptops while on the road
    12-11-16 09:02 AM
    Hotspot probably won't work until you get the current update, but from reports it will once that update loads. It doesn't really matter in which order you do it, however, since the device is carrier unlocked.
    12-11-16 09:57 AM
    And ultimately, unless you want to update in-store, it's probably best to get the latest update at home anyway before you go to AT&T, unless you're DTEK60 isn't being delivered to your house and you're instead getting it en route to AT&T.
    12-11-16 11:24 AM
    Yeah, I would set up on WiFi (no SIM in the phone) and get the firmware current before going in for a SIM anyway. That way it's "pop it in and confirm all is ok" -- and off you go.

One thing to be aware of is that I have seen stability issues from initial provisioning related to data not working right on various Android devices that disappeared after a reboot, so once the SIM initializes the phone and such when your account is activated wait a couple of minutes and then reboot. This is typically only a problem during initial provisioning (e.g. if you port a number in, etc.) and not after a SIM swap.
    12-11-16 11:53 AM
    Yeah, I would set up on WiFi (no SIM in the phone) and get the firmware current before going in for a SIM anyway. That way it's "pop it in and confirm all is ok" -- and off you go.

One thing to be aware of is that I have seen stability issues from initial provisioning related to data not working right on various Android devices that disappeared after a reboot, so once the SIM initializes the phone and such when your account is activated wait a couple of minutes and then reboot. This is typically only a problem during initial provisioning (e.g. if you port a number in, etc.) and not after a SIM swap.
    I would second this. I always set up my unlocked devices on WiFi at home before ever going into the carrier store. Same case for the DTEK60, even though I went with T-Mobile instead of AT&T this time around. I also like to make sure that everything is up and running properly, and that any battery instability caused by index and installing a bunch of apps is addressed before popping the SIM in and making the device my primary.
    12-11-16 07:57 PM
    Great to hear the "Hotspot" issue resolved! I prefer ATT service, but was a bit alarmed to hear the DTEK60 on ATT did not support the feature. No comment on fault, just appreciate Blackberry's continued customer commitment.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-19-16 12:52 PM
    I'd like to point out that I have a KeyOne that I purchased from Blackberry via Amazon. This device is having the same issues as the DTEK60 so say both the BB customer service rep and his supervisor that I spoke to today. I was told that to hope for a fix in the next update.
    11-13-17 08:43 PM
269 ... 91011