Well I too bought a DTEK60 and like the phone and features. I PAY for ATT hot spot and can't get it and my visual voice mail app does not work. I will go back to my iPhone 6s+
    BTW had the same issue with Moto Pure Edition and once I called with IMEI both hot spot and VVM worked.
    I blame Blackberry for not getting this vetted first. Shameful.
    11-13-16 05:30 PM
    Yes, VVM also doesn't work; it claims to be unable to set up but it does get the SMS to do it -- as with the Hotspot AT&T is blocking it.
    11-13-16 06:30 PM
    Yes, VVM also doesn't work; it claims to be unable to set up but it does get the SMS to do it -- as with the Hotspot AT&T is blocking it.
    I have a DTEK60 on AT&T with working VMM. Had to download the app from the play store.
    11-13-16 08:06 PM
    My VVM works fine
    11-13-16 08:07 PM
    I did download the visual voice mail app today and it works for me. I never had it set up before today but tried it to see if I had the same issue others did. So far it is working well.
    11-14-16 12:44 AM
    Just downloaded the VVM as well and all is working fine for me.

What we still don't have (in addition to mobile hotspot) is WiFi calling, though we don't seem to be alone in that boat as few Android devices seem to.
    11-14-16 08:13 AM
    VVM does not work. Deleted and re-installed and still nothing. Too bad, I like this phone
    11-14-16 11:11 AM
    VVM does not work. Deleted and re-installed and still nothing. Too bad, I like this phone
    Weird that it's working for some (myself included) but not others.
    11-14-16 12:21 PM
    My response back to FCC after receiving a call from AT&T yesterday trying to close the complaint case:

"Hello,
    I received a strange call from AT&T corporate yesterday saying that FCC wants to close this case quickly. However, AT&T refuses to resolve the issue (unblock mobile hotspot service) and refuses to provide any information about whether they are even working to resolve the issue.

Blocking a service because the phone is not AT&T is illegal! *This service works on other cell providers (it works on my T-Mobile service) so I do not believe their claim that there is an incompatibility with the phone. * AT&T is intentionally blocking the service and refusing to correct this illegal action.

Moreover, they are trying to pressure me to let the case be closed. *I will not. *This complaint must remain open until AT&T ceases the illegal blocking of mobile hotspot service on the BlackBerry DTEK60.*

Please enforce the provision of the law that prevents a carrier from blocking service on a noncarrier phone. Thank you."
    00stryder and jlsr like this.
    11-16-16 12:31 PM
    My response back to FCC after receiving a call from AT&T yesterday trying to close the complaint case:

"Hello,
    I received a strange call from AT&T corporate yesterday saying that FCC wants to close this case quickly. However, AT&T refuses to resolve the issue (unblock mobile hotspot service) and refuses to provide any information about whether they are even working to resolve the issue.

Blocking a service because the phone is not AT&T is illegal! *This service works on other cell providers (it works on my T-Mobile service) so I do not believe their claim that there is an incompatibility with the phone. * AT&T is intentionally blocking the service and refusing to correct this illegal action.

Moreover, they are trying to pressure me to let the case be closed. *I will not. *This complaint must remain open until AT&T ceases the illegal blocking of mobile hotspot service on the BlackBerry DTEK60.*

Please enforce the provision of the law that prevents a carrier from blocking service on a noncarrier phone. Thank you."
    I love your moxy....and i wish you success in your battle. While i am not confident in your victory, I do wish you the best (especially since i would also benefit from your success).
    00stryder and jlsr like this.
    11-16-16 12:41 PM
    I love your moxy....and i wish you success in your battle. While i am not confident in your victory, I do wish you the best (especially since i would also benefit from your success).
    Quick question: are you guys seeing a �[state name] Wireless E-9-1-1" charge on your monthly bill for $3 or so? If so, do you know if this is tied to WiFi calling? I know this thread is about the Hotspot, but to my knowledge the DTEK60 (and several other Android devices) don't have access to WiFi calling yet, and I remember when setting it up on my wife's iPhone (which also has the charge), they asked me to provide our physical home address to route emergency responders to our home.

It's kind of an indirect way of going about it, but if AT&T is charging for a service we don't have access to, would that further justify our claims? This, of course, is assuming that it's not something standard for smartphone devices. I don't remember seeing it on my Verizon bill so thought I'd ask.
    11-16-16 02:40 PM
    It's very easy to file a complaint with the FCC online. Numbers count, so while I appreciate your good wishes, I strongly encourage you and any similarly affected DTEK60 owners to file complaints.

This was one factor in getting the Priv updates released by Verizon. A chorus of squeeky wheels.
    11-16-16 03:54 PM
    It's very easy to file a complaint with the FCC online. Numbers count, so while I appreciate your good wishes, I strongly encourage you and any similarly affected DTEK60 owners to file complaints.

This was one factor in getting the Priv updates released by Verizon. A chorus of squeeky wheels.
    Send me a link please.
    11-16-16 04:46 PM
    11-16-16 04:47 PM
    I returned a call on the hotspot issue from AT&T and left voicemail on Monday that I did so. Haven't heard back yet, so I emailed them this evening - we'll see what happens. I agree everyone having the hotspot problem should file a complaint with the FCC.

On another note, Blackberry had said in an email to me that this issue may be resolved in a future update, which I posted about previously. I told them I'd have to return the phone before the return period expires. They then asked when I bought the phone...maybe they'll extend the return period, who knows...
    11-16-16 05:30 PM
    I returned a call on the hotspot issue from AT&T and left voicemail on Monday that I did so. Haven't heard back yet, so I emailed them this evening - we'll see what happens. I agree everyone having the hotspot problem should file a complaint with the FCC.

On another note, Blackberry had said in an email to me that this issue may be resolved in a future update, which I posted about previously. I told them I'd have to return the phone before the return period expires. They then asked when I bought the phone...maybe they'll extend the return period, who knows...
    Can you post an image of that email? Would love to see exactly how it's worded.
    11-16-16 05:47 PM
    Thanks for the link. I just filed a complaint too. First AT&T didn't create a ticket so I had to go through the whole process again. Then they never followed up on their ticket once it was finally entered.
    Ugh .
    11-16-16 07:59 PM
    Here is information copied from the email exchange. I don't wish to post an image as it has my personal email information in it. Hope this works for you.

My email to Blackberry: "To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: Mobile hot-spot not avaible [ ]

"I am nearing the end of the return period for this phone and have to make a decision. Your email below indicates that "probably will fix the hotspot problem" in the next update. Is there a guarantee for this fix or can you extend the return period of the phone for me? I cannot keep the phone unless the hotspot function works."

Their response: "Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

We have just checked with the development team and waiting an answer from them in order to assist you. We will provide an answer at the end of the week on Thursday or Friday.

Please tell us the beginning date of the warranty of your device? Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Tudor

BlackBerry Technical Support

NA: 1-866-957-0761
    NA: 1-855-556-2522
    EU: 800-61-110-000
    UK: 800-141-3330"
    00stryder likes this.
    11-17-16 04:17 AM
    Thank you.
    11-17-16 07:20 AM
    Not sure what AT&T hotspot is specifically, but... is there a way to create a mobile (wifi) hotspot for other phones using my mobile network connection?
    11-17-16 07:24 AM
    Not sure what AT&T hotspot is specifically, but... is there a way to create a mobile (wifi) hotspot for other phones using my mobile network connection?
    That's exactly what AT&T mobile hotspot would allow you to do, which is why we are all frustrated by this.
    11-17-16 07:43 AM
    That's exactly what AT&T mobile hotspot would allow you to do, which is why we are all frustrated by this.
    got it. so is it only AT&T that is the issue? I'm not on AT&T.... so should I have this functionality? My passport and Q10 both had it.
    11-17-16 09:29 AM
    Settings, More, Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
    liquidneon likes this.
    11-17-16 09:46 AM
    got it. so is it only AT&T that is the issue? I'm not on AT&T.... so should I have this functionality? My passport and Q10 both had it.
    Yes, you should have it.
    11-17-16 10:20 AM
    Here is information copied from the email exchange. I don't wish to post an image as it has my personal email information in it. Hope this works for you.

My email to Blackberry: "To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: Mobile hot-spot not avaible [ ]

"I am nearing the end of the return period for this phone and have to make a decision. Your email below indicates that "probably will fix the hotspot problem" in the next update. Is there a guarantee for this fix or can you extend the return period of the phone for me? I cannot keep the phone unless the hotspot function works."

Their response: "Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

We have just checked with the development team and waiting an answer from them in order to assist you. We will provide an answer at the end of the week on Thursday or Friday.

Please tell us the beginning date of the warranty of your device? Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Tudor

BlackBerry Technical Support

NA: 1-866-957-0761
    NA: 1-855-556-2522
    EU: 800-61-110-000
    UK: 800-141-3330"
    Dude, don't count on them fixing the issue before the end of your return date. And I don't think they would extend the return period. Just to be safe, I would return the phone and wait until the issue is resolved.

Posted via Commodore 64
    11-17-16 11:45 AM
269 ... 45678 ...