I have DTEK60 on ATT with 15GB plan and mobile hotspot enabled. I have successfully used the very same ATT SIM with BB Passport SE, BB Classic, BB DTEK50 and a couple of Windows phones for mobile hotspot with no problems. I cannot access mobile hotspot on the DTEK60 - menu greyed out. I called ATT and they walked me through cellular networks/access point names to no avail - they say it's a Blackberry problem. I have contacted BB customer service and they wanted to know if I knew how to turn the hotspot on...waiting to hear their next response. I will be returning this phone if this is not resolved before the return period expires - would be a shame as this phone is otherwise excellent for my purposes.
    You are having the same issue that many of us are having. I've been through many of the same steps you have. For the record its not a blackberry issue. Att is blocking the feature. Apparently they are taking the stance that they cm block certain features on devices not bought through them. Kinda defeats the BYOD concept in my mind, but I'm not as smart as them. I have an open case at Att and BlackBerry and will continue to question this practice as I see this as something they will grow.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-07-16 07:48 AM
    You are having the same issue that many of us are having. I've been through many of the same steps you have. For the record its not a blackberry issue. Att is blocking the feature. Apparently they are taking the stance that they cm block certain features on devices not bought through them. Kinda defeats the BYOD concept in my mind, but I'm not as smart as them. I have an open case at Att and BlackBerry and will continue to question this practice as I see this as something they will grow.
    Does AT&T have an official BYOD policy?
    11-07-16 09:15 AM
    Answered my own question.....At&T does have an official BYOP (bring your own phone) program. Having said that, the DTEK60 is not listed as an approved device (my IMEI number didn't pass their test either).

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=PjAVv1U5
    Tbtbtstj and 00stryder like this.
    11-07-16 09:18 AM
    Answered my own question.....At&T does have an official BYOP (bring your own phone) program. Having said that, the DTEK60 is not listed as an approved device (my IMEI number didn't pass their test either).

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=bqK4cALE
    Thank you for the link to AT&T's BYOP page to check my phone compatibility. This is a keeper for future reference.
    11-07-16 09:37 AM
    So it would seem that ATT needs to update their list to include the Dtek 60. I was seriously going to order the phone yesterday, but when I saw this thread I had to wait. Hopefully they get this sorted out soon so I can order my new phone.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=vjl-ujM5
    11-07-16 09:38 AM
    Thank you for the link to AT&T's BYOP page to check my phone compatibility. This is a keeper for future reference.
    No worries....members helping members. I have gotten a ton of help from this community, so nice to be able to add a drop back into the bucket.
    11-07-16 10:26 AM
    Notice that nowhere in there does it say it will kill hotspot service if you don't buy one of their phones.
    11-07-16 12:14 PM
    Notice that nowhere in there does it say it will kill hotspot service if you don't buy one of their phones.
    I agree....AT&T stinks. I wonder if you walked into the AT&T store and told them you were thinking about returning from T-Mo if they could make hotspot work.....what would they do? Ha ha.....
    11-07-16 12:19 PM
    I doubt they can individually change the provisioning on a single account. They could quite-easily, however, drop the horsecrap in their database that sets that flag off.

It would of course do so for everyone at once....
    11-07-16 01:20 PM
    I doubt they can individually change the provisioning on a single account. They could quite-easily, however, drop the horsecrap in their database that sets that flag off.

It would of course do so for everyone at once....
    For what it's worth, I called AT&T and told them I was leaving for T-Mobile because they were violating the law blocking hotspot on the DTEK60.

Also documented in my complaint to FCC.

Everyone should open case at BlackBerry, open complaint at FCC, and keep hammering AT&T.

Also, if you have adequate coverage, FIRE AT&T and go to T-Mobile. Why give them another dollar of YOUR money. T-Mobile has unlimited data including hotspot. Love it. Will stay even if AT&T stops their discrimination.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-07-16 02:54 PM
    I agree with you. I have open cases with Blackberry, ATT and the FCC. Blackberry and FCC have acknowledged receipt of the cases. ATT has emailed, I believe because the FCC contacted them. The ATT email came right after I received the FCC acknowledgement of the case and notice that they had forwarded the issue to ATT for action. Hoping that ATT will do the right thing so all DTEK60 owners who need mobile hotspot access are able to use it.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-07-16 06:27 PM
    Just for my 60 last night, going to AT&T after work today to switch from Verizon. Will raise a stink about this in-store to make a scene. Then will come home and start the complaint process. Luckily I can do without mobile hotspot for now, or use my wife's iPhone if necessary.
    11-08-16 01:28 AM
    I just filed my complaint. I want to buy this phone but won't until Hotspot works.
    11-08-16 05:34 PM
    I have an ATT branded "unlocked" Priv that I run on ATT off contract. I never use hotspot, but wanted to try it after seeing this thread. My hotspot fired right up and works great.

Damn. Sorry. Just realized that this is a Dtek60 forum. Good luck guys.
    Last edited by jamesharmeling; 11-08-16 at 07:19 PM.
    11-08-16 07:05 PM
    I have an ATT branded "unlocked" Priv that I run on ATT off contract. I never use hotspot, but wanted to try it after seeing this thread. My hotspot fired right up and works great.

Damn. Sorry. Just realized that this is a Dtek60 forum. Good luck guys.
    The Hotspot feature worked fine on the priv. I had a unlocked one from shop BlackBerry and never had an issue. It's strictly a dtek60 issue.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-08-16 08:11 PM
    ATT Link without click.linksynergy

att.com/shop/wireless/byop.html
    11-09-16 07:02 AM
    Blackberry Help has followed up on my hotspot (AT&T) issue by asking for a bug report. The provided instructions which were incorrect (had to look up how to do it on Google) and a support incident number that was to be included in the bug report, but which was a digit short. Still waiting to find out the correct support incident number...frustrating.
    11-09-16 07:33 PM
    Spoke briefly with AT&T corporate yesterday. Said they cannot be sure non AT&T phones can do all functions. Said phone may not be compatible. Disregarded illegal practice argument. Would not say if they are working with BlackBerry. Would only pass along my concerns to their tech group. Will not contact me with any resolution. Stonewalled. But I will keep pushing the complaint. It worked for the Verizon complaint on Priv updating.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-10-16 09:26 AM
    Yep. Keep the pressure on. It certainly is compatible, but they are intentionally blocking it.
    11-10-16 10:00 AM
    BTW here's why you don't have trouble with the DTEK60 on T-Mobile...

Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows 10 launches at T-Mobile today - TmoNews

Same phone, thus same baseband capability and probably the same IMEI prefix.

In other words it's not intentional allowance of compatibility vis-a-vis BYOB devices, it was an accident.
    11-10-16 12:50 PM

In other words it's not intentional allowance of compatibility vis-a-vis BYOB devices, it was an accident.
    Yes... it's because someone else performed the due diligence that johnny chen SHOULD have done!
    11-10-16 12:53 PM

From the article:
    64GB of storage
    Windows 10 gets the uptick on disc space...

Yes... it's because someone else performed the due diligence that johnny chen SHOULD have done!
    Not sure how you surmised that from his post/the article?
    11-10-16 01:26 PM
    I also have an open ticket with AT&T. Also have been dealing with Blackberry support on it, after sending them a bug report, here is their response: "The issue was logged and transferred to our development team, which means that it should be resolved in a future update. As the November one has already rolled out, the December one probably will fix the hotspot problem, but until then we do not have a work around. " Note the operative word, "probably." I am going to have to make a decision before December 1st about whether to keep the phone as 30 days from date of purchase runs out on November 28th. Hoping AT&T will come through on this.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-12-16 05:02 AM
    I also have an open ticket with AT&T. Also have been dealing with Blackberry support on it, after sending them a bug report, here is their response: "The issue was logged and transferred to our development team, which means that it should be resolved in a future update. As the November one has already rolled out, the December one probably will fix the hotspot problem, but until then we do not have a work around. " Note the operative word, "probably." I am going to have to make a decision before December 1st about whether to keep the phone as 30 days from date of purchase runs out on November 28th. Hoping AT&T will come through on this.
    Thanks for sharing, that's reassuring though, maybe BlackBerry can engineer a workaround to resolve the issue on the device side since I doubt AT&T is going to put much effort on their end. Perhaps it's as simple flipping a switch for them, but I won't pretend like I know if that's truly the case.
    11-12-16 10:16 AM
    Thanks for sharing, that's reassuring though, maybe BlackBerry can engineer a workaround to resolve the issue on the device side since I doubt AT&T is going to put much effort on their end. Perhaps it's as simple flipping a switch for them, but I won't pretend like I know if that's truly the case.
    BlackBerry could ignore the provisioning flags that gray it out. Whether it would survive the attempted setup if they did is unknown. Note that Straight Talk's SIMs do not set the provisioning bits when they initialize but attempting to start the hotspot fails the tests it runs and comes up with a "go to this URL" notification, which of course is wrong (since it points to AT&T or whoever.)

What really ought to happen here is that AT&T needs to be forced to cut this crap out, including the same sort of nonsense with VoLTE and IMS. That is something BlackBerry can't do, but the FCC can.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-13-16 09:22 AM
269 ... 34567 ...