I have the same problem. I am in a Corporate Managed Program and telephone our Customer Care Tech Support. They gathered a significant amount of information and claim this is sitting with Tier 2 Support. They've committed to call me back tomorrow morning to provide a status. In the past, they've kept to this commitment.

I'm very disappointed that BB lists AT&T as a carrier that supports the DTEK60 and to discover this gap.
    11-02-16 04:28 PM
    I filed a FCC complaint -- I too was promised status from "Tier 2" and have NOT gotten an update.

I have a workaround for this problem but it should not be happening and I will continue to hammer on this until I find a nice-sized thumb at AT&T and hear a good, loud scream.
    11-02-16 04:35 PM
    Thanks Guys for spearheading this. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Dtek to replace my priv but need the Hotspot to be active.
    11-02-16 05:20 PM
    Just finished with AT&T and Blackberry support. Everyone check your IMEI# on your DTEK 60 and compare it to the IMEI# on the box, you should find that the phone only has 14 digits, there should be 15 digits. the last digit is missing. According to AT&T its not recognizing the phone because of the missing digit, thus the greyed out Tethering mobile hotspot. Blackberry is aware, hopefully there will be a resolution soon.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-02-16 07:58 PM
    I had the 14 versus 15 digit imei number discussion with several of the Att techs. I kept asking if that was an issue and they seemed to not know. In fact one of them told me my account showed a imei number that was not my current or previous device. I have no idea what it went to.
    11-02-16 08:24 PM
    Oh, interesting.... IMEI number issue. Hope this can get resolved tomorrow. I just checked and the last digit on the sticky label was definitely not in the IMEI number that shows in the phone properties.

Wow, hope there is an easy fix without having to send back and replace the phones.

QC issue?
    11-02-16 08:40 PM
    Oh, interesting.... IMEI number issue. Hope this can get resolved tomorrow. Add a zero at the front???
    The 15th digit is a checksum digit so putting a zero in front won't work. There are IMEI calculator sites and apps that can give you the checksum digit but I can't vouch what if anything they do with the data.

Probably the box has 14 digit IMEI for security purposes so I doubt this is an IMEI issue with ATT.
    11-02-16 08:50 PM
    My Priv has 14 digits and it can do hotspot on AT&T. Oddly enough the box it came in has 15 digits.
    11-02-16 08:56 PM
    Tickerguy is likely on the right track in that its a provisioning issue that is common with BYOD phones models that ATT does not sell. There were complaints about this with Nexus devices thru the years with hotspots and the new Pixel suffers from this too, eventually ATT will get things update their backend for the new models.

Interesting thread on reddit about a workaround for Pixel devices using a signal refresher app called Network Signal Refresher. Wonder if this works for Dtek.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-02-16 09:21 PM
    Nope
    11-02-16 11:04 PM
    The 15th digit is a checksum digit so putting a zero in front won't work. There are IMEI calculator sites and apps that can give you the checksum digit but I can't vouch what if anything they do with the data.

Probably the box has 14 digit IMEI for security purposes so I doubt this is an IMEI issue with ATT.
    I checked my box, and the 15 digit IMEI number on the box agrees with the number on the adhesive label that was stuck on the back of the phone. in fact I took that label to AT&T to use as the IMEI number to set up the account.

But the phone itself only shows the first 14 digits in the IMEI window when you go into the settings. Definitely a discrepancy.

Ok, AT&T and BlackBerry, work this out quickly wouldja?
    11-02-16 11:09 PM
    I gave them the number on the box..
    11-02-16 11:12 PM
    I had a similar issue with my Priv. A new Sim card fixed it. Also fixed my 4g problem as well. Didn't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.
    11-03-16 05:01 AM
    SIM Card Swapped: No Change
    IMEI Confirmed: No Change

My issue remains with Tier 2 Support @ AT&T. The tech does believe it's possibly blocked on their network for this feature. He couldn't explain why, since I have no issues using the AT&T Network.
    11-03-16 10:24 AM
    Pretty amazing (read "pathetic") how BlackBerry can market a device claiming compatibility on specific networks when they haven't even performed the due diligence to verify such claims.

With all the hand wringing about whether the carriers have violated some obscure FCC rule... it's ridiculous that BlackBerry can fly under the radar with false advertising campaigns because of chen's anti-carrier antics.

BlackBerry should be sued for fraudulent advertising and chen should be bombarded with tweets about his lack of due diligence.
    11-03-16 11:28 AM
    Pretty amazing (read "pathetic") how BlackBerry can market a device claiming compatibility on specific networks when they haven't even performed the due diligence to verify such claims.

With all the hand wringing about whether the carriers have violated some obscure FCC rule... it's ridiculous that BlackBerry can fly under the radar with false advertising campaigns because of chen's anti-carrier antics.

BlackBerry should be sued for fraudulent advertising and chen should be bombarded with tweets about his lack of due diligence.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I'd pump the brakes a bit. Not even AT&T knew this was an issue until customers started calling in, and as others have stated even popular devices like the Pixel are having trouble with AT&T's mobile hotspot. So it's not a BlackBerry-only issue.

Yes, it's aggravating, but as you've posted in many other places you're not a fan of the DTEK devices, so why do you even care of it doesn't directly affect you?
    11-03-16 12:20 PM
    I understand where you're coming from, but I'd pump the brakes a bit. Not even AT&T knew this was an issue until customers started calling in, and as others have stated even popular devices like the Pixel are having trouble with AT&T's mobile hotspot. So it's not a BlackBerry-only issue.

Yes, it's aggravating, but as you've posted in many other places you're not a fan of the DTEK devices, so why do you even care of it doesn't directly affect you?
    You've misinterpreted my interest in DTEK devices.

While critical of BlackBerry (yes, I won't deny that) I am still very much a fan... if for no other reason than having the best VKB around.

And, for the record, I am currently using a DTEK50. But in my local area and in my travels, I have found it virtually worthless as a phone because of no LTE Band 12.

And because I travel often internationally, WFC is very important to me.

I actually like the phone quite a bit. But I loathe the fact that once again BlackBerry has done many things right... but totally screwed up in some of the most important areas.

If Band 12 and WFC worked for me I would almost call it the perfect phone for me... but without that almost worthless.

Oh... and I have been critical with the DTEK app itself because I believe it is false advertising. To read BlackBerry's own words it sounds for all the world like even Google Apps can be controlled via DTEK... and that is simply NOT the case.
    11-03-16 12:38 PM
    You've misinterpreted my interest in DTEK devices.

While critical of BlackBerry (yes, I won't deny that) I am still very much a fan... if for no other reason than having the best VKB around.

And, for the record, I am currently using a DTEK50. But in my local area and in my travels, I have found it virtually worthless as a phone because of no LTE Band 12.

And because I travel often internationally, WFC is very important to me.

I actually like the phone quite a bit. But I loathe the fact that once again BlackBerry has done many things right... but totally screwed up in some of the most important areas.

If Band 12 and WFC worked for me I would almost call it the perfect phone for me... but without that almost worthless.

Oh... and I have been critical with the DTEK app itself because I believe it is false advertising. To read BlackBerry's own words it sounds for all the world like even Google Apps can be controlled via DTEK... and that is simply NOT the case.
    And it's good to be honest about things, even for a BlackBerry enthusiast site, I think a significant portion of users here at CB for the most part do a good job of calling BlackBerry out on their BS.

I just think in this situation that we're either faced with a launch delay waiting for AT&T (or any of the other US carriers) to test the device on their networks with/without a demand for exclusivity or some other incentive for actually carrying out the testing; or, we have the device announced and launched for immediate sale as was the case for the DTEK60. From a technical standpoint, everything is there and functionally ready to allow compatibility with AT&T's mobile hotspot, but essentially the ball is now in AT&T's court. I don't know if contacting the FCC now is jumping the gun, but either way I hope that the issue is resolved soon.
    11-03-16 01:07 PM
    Well here's an update. I called AT&T to check with Tier 2. They had closed the case! Without contacting me or providing any communication. They said because this was not an AT&T device they recommended a factory reset but would do no further investigation. They suggested I call BlackBerry.

I did call BlackBerry and spoke with tech support. They have many cases now and are working the issue, but had no updates. Took the info on my device and acknowledged the possible issue with the IMEI number as a reason that this carrier is blocking this service. The tech said that the more cases they have the more they will be able to get AT&T's cooperation. Unfortunate to hear that is a challenge.

Call BlackBerry if you have not already. Get a case number so at least you will be contacted when they have a resolution. And it adds to the numbers of incidents.

If this isn't resolved in a couple of days, start sending complaints to FCC. ATT was definitely playing the "this is not our phone so not our problem" line today. That dog don't hunt....
    00stryder likes this.
    11-03-16 09:33 PM
    I opened a case with BlackBerry yesterday. They said it was an ATT issue but would open a case.

No word back from ATT either. Planning to call them again tomorrow and ask for escalation.

This issue is so frustrating.
    11-03-16 09:50 PM
    Yes. Pointing fingers instead of solving the problem.

No wonder so many people attach themselves to the Apple teat.
    11-03-16 10:08 PM
    This issue is starting to sound like one that may never be fixed. Does anyone have any insight on the likelihood that this may actually get resolved in favor of DTEK60 users?
    11-04-16 09:33 AM
    The more people who file FCC complaints and reference the obvious tied sale implications (especially considering that AT&T is currently under investigation with regard to anti-trust issues with DirectTV) the more likely either the FCC acts or AT&T decides (as it appears T-Mobile quietly has with regard to Band12) to cut this crap out.

This is not just a matter of BlackBerry customers and the DTEK60; it is in fact an issue that is only going to get worse over time and your ability to choose the device manufacturer you would like to buy from is going to be impacted more and more over time. This will raise your costs materially (it already does by some 40% in this case .vs. other flagship-class phones in THIS case) and the result is that you wind up overpaying by hundreds of dollars.
    11-04-16 09:58 AM
    BTW for those who say that "complaining to the FCC doesn't do anything"...... YES IT DOES.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12653038
    11-04-16 10:19 AM
    Yes I was one of those who filed an FCC complaint on the Verizon Priv (returned and Verizon service canceled because of the lack of support). So eventually there may be action with enough complaints.

I will file one on the issue with AT&T on the DTEK60. Their pass the buck response is unacceptable.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-04-16 10:30 AM
269 12345 ...