11-05-17 07:36 PM
39 12
tools
    I like my Dtek60 and haven't had any real issues with it since day one it came out. When you see negative posts on it you kinda get on the bandwagon and start thinking negative about phone. I sat back and thought about how it suited my needs and found out it really isn't a bad phone.
    Coming to your question l would probably wait another few months and get the next Motion if it comes out. Just thinking what they did with the Keyone to Keyone Black Edition (better specs) unless you want PKB I would get the Keyone Black Edition.
    Always go with the latest phone then your not behind....
    I hear you but I have a priv now and I need to get a new phone like now this priv is laggy and slow and I don't like it at all I wanna know in your opinion do you think I should bug the detek 60 or wait for the motion because I need a new phone by the end of the year
    10-29-17 08:45 PM
    I hear you but I have a priv now and I need to get a new phone like now this priv is laggy and slow and I don't like it at all I wanna know in your opinion do you think I should bug the detek 60 or wait for the motion because I need a new phone by the end of the year
    After seeing all Crackberry Kevin's videos I would go with the the Motion. Sounds like a real solid BlackBerry when you can use it without a case. I say if you are getting a new phone always get latest one.
    Myself I will wait cause I really don't need one right now, but I want that phone....
    10-29-17 09:06 PM
    I have a blackberry priv and I don't like it at all I've had a lot of problems and still do and it's very slow device there are people here that have problems with the detek 60 is it worth to switch now to a detek 60 or stay with the priv or just wait for a new Blackberry device all together??
    If you don't want a keyboard...then I would wait on the Motion.

I had dtek60 no comparison with battery life on the KeyOne and the DTEK. The performance of the keyone will hold up to the DTEK 60 . Image stabilizer on the 60 will be a disappointment coming from the Priv. Keyone on the other hand has and incredible camera. That being said you can expect the same performance from the motion...(battery comparison between the Motion and the keyone is still up in the air due to the larger screen of the Motion, but the larger battery of the Motion should compensate for the screen size.)

Dtek's will more than likely not see another OS update, with the Motion you will be N out of the box, and O to follow (I would think in the early spring)

My feeling about the 60 was that I loved the phone but I always felt it was fragile being all glass. I always felt that I needed it in a case. When you look at the build of the Motion it's comparable to the KeyOne. It's pretty much guaranteed we are not going to see a screen pop issue like we saw early on with the KEYone.

Still seeing DTEK 60's sell used for around 450 cdn around here. Still selling new on line for around 600.00 cdn.

I think it's a pretty simple answer to say get a motion.
    Qorax likes this.
    10-29-17 09:16 PM
    I’ll be getting a dtek60 today
    Qorax likes this.
    10-30-17 11:01 AM
    Get the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or Motion, depending on your preference for pkb.
    My priv is giving me problems too. It won't wake up and I have to do a reboot. I'm waiting for the motion, but may have to settle for the dteck 60
    10-30-17 01:19 PM
    Qorax likes this.
    10-30-17 06:12 PM
    Hopefully I won’t have any issues
    10-30-17 06:12 PM
    Hopefully I won’t have any issues
    I didn't. I only had a hard time getting used to Android, coming from BB10 devices
    10-30-17 07:40 PM
    I upgraded from Priv to DTEK60 about a week ago because of issues with my Priv - mostly app sluggishness and throttling in low battery conditions.

DTEK60 is bonkers fast. It's absurd how fast it is compared to the Priv. Slap an Incipio case on it and you have a slim, light, bulletproof, speedy, sexy BlackBerry.

Did I mention how much faster it is than the Priv?

I'll take the word of people who say that the K1 keeps up with the DTEK60, though I can't imagine that holds true in all use cases. If Nougat is a must, go K1 or Motion for sure. I get the feeling that 4 GB RAM is the sweet spot if you want decent performance on an Android BlackBerry, so that may narrow your alternatives to K1 Black Edition or Motion. If you're lucky, you'll find a used DTEK60 for a fraction of the cost of a new K1 or Motion.
    10-31-17 11:11 AM
    If you're lucky, you'll find a used DTEK60 for a fraction of the cost of a new K1 or Motion.
    Not likely; the DTEK60 was a more-expensive device to start with and even now looking on FleaBay and similar prices are holding up very well.

IMHO it's simply a function of whether you want the much faster but not as much endurance (in use-between-charges) process, or the other way around. IMHO a used but in excellent condition DTEK60 is probably going to run you near $400, and while that's cheaper than the Motion or KeyONE it's not a "fraction" of the price.

IMHO if you think you're going to find one for something like $200 I think you're nuts; I see no evidence of that sort of price collapse in the market price for them, and since the KeyONE has been out a while if it was going to happen it would have by now.
    10-31-17 11:23 AM
    I came from PRIV to DTEK. I got a good deal as ShopBB was shutting down so I got both the 50/60. The hardware/software on both have been fine regarding specs and performance. The quality of both devices is not what I think of with BlackBerry.

I've carried BlackBerry devices since 2000-2001 and the first two screens I've broken in 18 devices, are the 50/60. Luckily, I've been using heavy glass screen protectors since the PRIV so my phones are still usable. I just have a couple of lines of cracks full screen on each device under the protector. Save your money and buy either KEYone or Motion. Also buy through carrier if possible. Any problems, the carrier will handle faster and better than BBMo is setup for right now. I'm not against factory unlocked, I prefer, but carrier infrastructure for hardware issues better for now.
    10-31-17 11:33 AM
    I would say no.

I have a dtek60, and have liked it very much for the most part. Then I found out I was not going to get any new os support a year after I purchased it because I, and others who purchased them were treated as experiments....

I have received security patches until now, though most came late.

we are now November 4 and I still have not received my October security updates.

I also found out that blackberry Inc. has handed support over to TCL for this phone; something inside me says the phone is done.

so if you have good money to spend on a phone do yourself a favor and purchase a pixel. you can get a model from last year, or the new pixel 2; which ever will do. you will be ensured 3 years of security updates and at least 2 years of os updates from the date the phone was released.

hope this helps.
    HughJarsse and Bay 13 like this.
    11-04-17 10:57 PM
    If I did not have a 60 now and was going to replace my Priv I would go to the Motion over a 60. I just called in to BB Mobile as my 60 battery will not even charge. I have owned for 11 months...still glad I have a warranty on it. With Motion you get Android N out of the box, with 0 coming soon..., better battery, water resistance, same size device, upgraded software on the OS. The 60's screen resolution is higher. If you leave the BB branded phones than you have a plethora of choices out there. Like the above poster stated...if you want consistent security and OS upgrades...go Pixel. I am not sure why recently the 60 has not been getting timely Security updates. This will force me to upgrade sooner rather than later.
    11-05-17 03:17 PM
    After a year of owning the DTEK60 I am very pleased with the phone. I have not had battery issues and the device is fast. However, if I was in the market for a new BlackBerry device I would definitely check out the Motion. I would expect more frequent security updates, the latest OS, bigger battery, and water/dust resistance. Plus the "Locker App" sounds cool. Personally, I am sticking with the D60 for now and will see what additional devices are up and coming from BlackBerry/TCL. Good luck with your choice.
    11-05-17 07:36 PM
39 12